Repairing an old Nokia phone

tropo

My 2007 vintage Nokia Slide requires repair as the internal (headset) speaker is no longer working. No one at Tukcom could help me as parts for old Nokias are no longer available.

One person mentioned a service center in Sri Racha as a possible option, but I don't waste a lot of time on long goose chases.

Does anyone know of a repair shop in Pattaya that could help me? I really like my old phone which cost 17,000 baht in 2007.smile.png I use an old Nokia flip-phone from 2005 too... so it's good to know if there's a place in Pattaya to have these old relics fixed.

lol you can buy a a really sophisticated smartphone for less than 3k and be the talk of the town date young girls be admired but ok get it fixed but I prefer the former and vgl in finding a repair facility.

There's many reasons why I like my old phone, but this is not really a place to go into it...

Briefly, I only use phones for making and receiving calls. I like them very small too. Also, I'm married and don't need to find dates online LOL. I've been using my wife's iPhone 6 for a year and iPhone 5 before that.... I couldn't cope with a 3k "piece of junk" smart phone. When she upgraded from the iPhone 5 she wanted me to have it but I told her to give it to her sister as I wouldn't use it... and it was in mint condition too.

If you just use it for phone calls, dtac and Num Chai have very cheap phones for sale - in the range of 600 THB and some are dual SIM...

I am like you - my 10 year old Motorola Razr clam shell does just fine for my needs....

If you just use it for phone calls, dtac and Num Chai have very cheap phones for sale - in the range of 600 THB and some are dual SIM...

I am like you - my 10 year old Motorola Razr clam shell does just fine for my needs....

I already have a cheap, dual SIM Nokia, but it's nothing like my Nokia slide. I want it fixed.

I also have an old Motorola Razr, but even when it was new I didn't like it, and I couldn't find a battery for it anywhere in Pattaya.

Still have my Nokia N96. Boxed and never used. Should have sold it when I was offered £100 for it. biggrin.png

That's a late 2008 model? Keep it for another 10 years and you'll get many times that. There's a retro phone market where people will pay big money for old phones in good condition. An unused Nokia N96 will be a big find for a collector in another decade. Even now you should be able to more than GBP 100 for it if you advertise it on eBay or Amazon.

I don't know how long a new Li-ion battery will last if not used. Perhaps it could be a good idea, if it's not already too late, to give it regular recharges to keep it alive. If it is no good, buy a new one while they are still available.