August 7, 201511 yr Back in March I was in Thailand on Visa exempt. I tried to open a bank account in pattaya, but every branch of every bank said I needed a certificate of residence. I didn't even enquire about residency certificates because I was on visa exempt and so assumed I wasn't eligible. The following week I managed to open an account with bangkok bank in Det Udom. After a couple of days discussions with head office, they allowed me to take a guarantor from the village and my wife's tabien baan instead of residency certificate. Next day I saw the new Yamaha R3 at the local dealer. They assured me that I could buy and register it in my name just with my passport and the wife's tabien ban... I bought one... Very nice. A few weeks after I came back to Saudi, my wife's parents got a letter from whoever does the vehicle registrations, refusing registration in my name, saying I need a residency certificate... So my question is how do I get one and what do I need? I am planning on moving to Thailand in 1 month time on single non-im O visa. Plan is to live with the in-laws at first.
August 7, 201511 yr Photocopy of lease agreement or owners house book Two 2×2 inch passport photos Actual passport (to confirm authenticity) Photocopy of main photo page of passport Photocopy of visa page Photocopy of TM6 departure card Completed application form of Residence Certificate in Thailand. Oh yeah also the fee because it supposed to be free.
August 7, 201511 yr Author Departure card??! lol there's always something that makes no sense ) Can I get an application Form online anywhere?
August 7, 201511 yr Where do you plan on applying for the certificate of residence? Form: http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/download/pdf/res_cert.pdf.
August 7, 201511 yr Author Cheers Ubon Joe! Ubon Ratchathani Immigration which I have as 26, Sathit Nimankan Road, Tambon Phibun. On the Form it gives options for reason for request. Does this reason get printed on the certificate? I will need it for registering the bike and getting a driving licence. Do I need to put both on the Form or can I just tick driving license to keep it simple?
August 7, 201511 yr They put the reason on the certificate. They will.not do one for a drivers license at Phibun. You go to the drivers license office in Ubon and they give you a form to be signed and stamped. The tourist police in Ubon will sign the form for you. The office is on 217 in Phibun. When you come in from Ubon on 217 you turn right to follow it and immigration is on the right side shortly after you make the turn. Immigration may be moving to Sirindhorn later this month but no date has been set yet.
August 7, 201511 yr Dont know how it is in Ubon but Chiang Mai Immigration want 500B in bribe to make Cert. of Res. - if you refuse to pay what they say is fee free, you will have to wait 1 month to get it ...
August 7, 201511 yr Your going to need 2 cert of residency for liscence and bike Not in Ubon. Read my previous post. Only one for the registration.
August 7, 201511 yr Author Cheers guys! It's a big help. Takes a bit off my mind while I prepare my case... Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
September 4, 201511 yr Author I believe now that my wife's dad will need to submit a tm30 to notify immigration that I am at his home. How soon after this can I get residency cert?
September 4, 201511 yr Photocopy of lease agreement or owners house book Two 2×2 inch passport photos Actual passport (to confirm authenticity) Photocopy of main photo page of passport Photocopy of visa page Photocopy of TM6 departure card Completed application form of Residence Certificate in Thailand. Oh yeah also the fee because it supposed to be free. 1. copy of lease 2. copy of landlords id card -signed 3. copy of taam bien ban -also signed
September 15, 201511 yr Author Ok, I went to Ubon Ratchathani Immigration office today with tm30 to notify them of my stay at my Father - in-laws home. I asked about certificate of residency for registering my bike and was told that I could not get this until after I have completed 1 full year extension... Is this correct?
September 15, 201511 yr I think they mean you needed to be on a one year extension of stay to get it. Not being on the your 2nd year of extensions. There are other offices that will not do them unless you are on extensions and dong 90 day reports. Others will at the least want you to have a non immigrant visa entry. You may have to get a certificate of residency from you embassy.
September 15, 201511 yr Author Ok cheers ubonjoe. I need to go to Bangkok in a couple of weeks, so I'll try the Embassy then. Maybe email before to check. Seems a bit silly if you need to be on extension to get residency certificate... when I open my bank account, I lost count of the banks I tried that all required a residency certificate to open an account. So you need money in a thai account to get extension... need extension to get residency certificate... need residency certificate to open bank account... there's an obvious problem with this system, now that they are enforcing it... Where is this Driving licence office in Ubon? I can't find it on Google maps
September 15, 201511 yr I have seen one issued at Phuket immigration for an Australian guy on a tourist visa (who was staying in Hua Hin)on the basis of him pointing to the area where he lived, on a google map, on a smartphone held by the immigration officer. Anyone want to call me a liar?
September 15, 201511 yr I have seen one issued at Phuket immigration for an Australian guy on a tourist visa (who was staying in Hua Hin)on the basis of him pointing to the area where he lived, on a google map, on a smartphone held by the immigration officer. Anyone want to call me a liar? You forgot to say what it cost! Trolling ?
September 16, 201511 yr Author I got 3 letters today from the Ubon Ratchathani Tourist Police for 100 baht 1. For Motorbike drivers licence. 2. For car drivers licence. 3. For registering motorbike. Got stopped by police 1Km from Traffic Office and got 200 baht fine for UK licence... Got Motorbike and Car licences easy enough
June 14, 201610 yr Need help. Live in Amnat Charoen. Work in Ubon Ratchathani. Trying to get Residency Certificate and a Thai driving license. Immigration in Amnat over the top asking for too much. Land Transport Office in Amnat asking for translation in Thai of passport and UK driving license also to be stamped at UK embassy in Bangkok. Any help getting a Thai driving license from Ubon appreciated.
June 14, 201610 yr If you have a work permit issued in Ubon they should accept it at the drivers license office in Ubon. The tourist police in Ubon will likely do the form for you to take to the office in Ubon.
Create an account or sign in to comment