Electrical wire upgrade in central Pattaya

Rimmer

Electrical wire upgrade in central Pattaya

n5PEA.jpg

PATTAYA:--The Provincial Electricity Authority continued to upgrade power lines throughout Pattaya, this time putting in safer, higher-capacity lines on Soi Chalermprakiet 13.

Workers on July 28 swapped out three lines from Third Road to Soi Buakaow. The original wires had worn out over the years and needed to be changed before the rainy season to prevent shorts.

The original wires also were also a lot smaller, carried less voltage and were not coated to safety standards, which has resulted in power cuts in the past.

- See more at: http://www.pattayamail.com/news/electrical-wire-upgrade-in-central-pattaya-49787#sthash.uf92NhK5.dpuf

pattayamaillogo.png
-- Pattaya Mail 2015-08-07 footer_n.gif

My English S-i-L is a Health & Safety manager in Yorkshire. He & my daughter have visited me twice. Each time he comes he cannot resist taking a 100 or so photos of the tangles of cables adorning the lamp-posts of Pattaya - all the while struggling to keep from falling to the floor in a giggling fit.

Cable replacement is long overdue.

Cables dont carry Voltage they carry current. Pity the reporter doesnt know very much

like you !!

cabels keep Voltage against the ground !

And this voltage drives current to any potential which is lower -or higher than the voltage in the wire !!

Cables dont carry Voltage they carry current. Pity the reporter doesnt know very much

like you !!

cabels keep Voltage against the ground !

And this voltage drives current to any potential which is lower -or higher than the voltage in the wire !!

Mango I appreciate that English is not your first language but your message is lost in translation, could you have another go at getting your message across?

Voltage is the measure of potential difference between two points, one often being a ground, current is the measure of electron flow along a circuit.

A cable carries a voltage at a rated current determined by conductor size and insulation rating.