Colombian arrested with fake passport

Rimmer

Colombian arrested with fake passport

n9passport.jpg

PATTAYA:--A Colombian man is facing deportation after being caught using a counterfeit passport with a fake name.

Cesar Augusto Caita Riomalo, 39, was taken into custody July 27 after trying to rent a car on Second Road using a bogus Guatemalan passport with a different name.

Chonburi Immigration Police charged him with using a fake name, having a counterfeit passport, changing his own traveling documents and faking Thai Immigration stamps.

He was jailed and readied for deportation.

- See more at: http://www.pattayamail.com/news/colombian-arrested-with-fake-passport-49782#sthash.CZl8m057.dpuf

I'm wondering if he was just trying to use this to rent the car, or had been able or tried to use it for other things ... If it had fake immigration stamps, then he must've either entered the country with some other passport, or in some way bypassed any immigration point entirely. Fake name; other faked "traveling documents". Maybe they should be checking this guy out a little more thoroughly to see what he was into, before they deport him.

I'm wondering if he was just trying to use this to rent the car, or had been able or tried to use it for other things ... If it had fake immigration stamps, then he must've either entered the country with some other passport, or in some way bypassed any immigration point entirely. Fake name; other faked "traveling documents". Maybe they should be checking this guy out a little more thoroughly to see what he was into, before they deport him.

I agree, what is this guy hiding so badly that he needs fake documents for? I can only hope immigration do some real investigation into him to see who he really is, how he entered Thailand and what his past contains. Perhaps they do these things, check with Interpol and the Colombian officials and we just don't hear about it.

Must have been a bad forgery if the car rental place could spot it, or was there another way they learned it was dodgy?

Them: "Oh, well Happy Birthday, Mr. ...uhmm... Goldgerg!"

Him: "Uh, wha... mi cumpleaños fue en mayo ..."

Them: <awkward pause> "Uh, sir, could you please just wait here a minute ...."

Some of you may remember several years ago, Colombian gangs were busted in both Bangkok and Pattaya. They specialized in housebreaks, bribing estate security guards into pointing out houses belonging to expats absent for long periods. They'd pull up with a truck and empty the place, put it all into a container and ship it back to S. America where it could be sold for a high profit.

At the time police said they were very well organized. My guess is they're back in town.

Some of you may remember several years ago, Colombian gangs were busted in both Bangkok and Pattaya. They specialized in housebreaks, bribing estate security guards into pointing out houses belonging to expats absent for long periods. They'd pull up with a truck and empty the place, put it all into a container and ship it back to S. America where it could be sold for a high profit.

At the time police said they were very well organized. My guess is they're back in town.

Well, those shipping containers coming from South America are full of "fruit", so they need to fill them up on the way back, 555