Where are the water coming from originally!

glegolo

I am living in Chaiyaphum,. and the same scenario is every year appearing here. From one day to another we suddenly have flooding and huge amounts of water, mainly in september. Sure it has been much much better here since 2012 sometime.... but still.

My thoughts are. From the rain falling here THAT can NOT the full amount of that floodiwater appearing!! It must be additional water from somewhere. OK gouverment also let go of reservoarwater at the same time, and that helps the flooding as well.....

But Is it that the main part of the water is coming throught the floodsystem going from north down to south?? Is the water that being used to watering Isaan coming from the mountains somewhere up north?? Anybody know and like to share?

In addition to this, I have seen quite disturbing behaviour here round Chaiyaphum where I live. And that is pure selfish behaviour. Stopping water and keep it to themselfs.... blocking completely the rivers and to fish out 100% of all the fish and so on... Before i could see the farmers being able to use the riverwater for their ricefields. but know the riverbeds are just empty many months of the year......and just a few can gain from the water...

Glegolo

It evaporates from water sources on the ground, goes into the atmosphere, condenses into clouds and then falls as precipitation to the ground where it evaporates again.

You may ask yourself, what came first, the chicken or the egg...the evaporation or the condensation and precipitation?cheesy.gif

Edited by willyumiii

Thank you willyumill for trying. But you completely missunderstood the whole question..

Glegolo

ps. As water came to this earth for billion of years ago from outer space, the answer to your own thing is quite easy I guess..

Seems to be that you are underestimating the amount of rain water that falls in tropics.

In Sweden you get between 25 - 30 " of rain per Year.

You can get that in a single downpour in Thailand

Seems to be that you are underestimating the amount of rain water that falls in tropics.

Yeah you maybe got a point there. But I still like to think otherwise

Glegolo

Yeah you maybe got a point there. But I still like to think otherwise

Glegolo

ok, up to you..

:D

OK Big misstake made by me,, should read IS and not ARE.... Cannot blame it on other than I am of swedish origin and just doing my best languagewise Sir!!!

Besides that, do you have any answer to the question I did ask???

Glegolo

I also live in Isaan and most areas surrounded by mountains. The rainfall here is extremely local where you can have flooding rain 2 km away and home dry as a bone. I've also seen the selfish use of water too...people with dodgy farms in the national parks. The run off / chemicals from them going in the natural waterfalls. Nothing u will be able to do about it though. Even though the person restricting or stealing the water is acting selfishly and destructively....The other locals will say "they not want make problem"...even though it is the person destroying the water supply initiating the problem. We had someone here cutting into and draining the local moo bans water of a night leaving nothing in the day. No one seemed to care