US investors have full confidence in Thailand: Prayut

Lite Beer

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was in a bar I occasionally frequent when it came on. Unfortunately the telly went on the blink. They managed to fix it just after his programme ended.

Sabotage they should have had a backup TV with earphones for the true believers. After his Friday night speech do you ever get a buzzing noise in your head? I have. I think it is called mantra manipulation.

I had a buzzing noise when I woke up this morning, nothing to do with the good general, I put it down to a slight overindulgence in Vitamin Chang!

Turns out it was "Best Beloveds" brother cutting the grass.

I remember they last time Prayut had a meeting with the US business council.

In November, 2014 the U.S. businessmen indicated an interest to invest in Thailand’s energy, basic infrastructure, information technology and medical tourism industries as stated here. Well this investment potential was according to the Junta govt so it should be viewed sceptically with comments maybe asking to see excerpts from these company's news conferences. Of course we never saw these excerpts, but a lot of time has passed since then and what have we witnessed?

Energy - Thailand will have more solar power capacity than all of Southeast Asia combined as record sums of money is poured into the sector attracting foreign investors including U.S.-based First Solar. Link Here.

Information Technology - The data center market in Thailand has received a boost with the infusion of 10.15 billion baht in the wake of the government’s digital economy policy to turn Thailand into a trade hub in ASEAN through the use of IT. The government’s renewed focus on IT is a welcome one. Link here.

Medical - Opportunity for new investment in high end medical device manufacturing in Thailand due to increased demand in the healthcare market. Link here.

Infrastructure - In March the government released the investment plan for 2015-22, which covers 59 projects valued at $60 billion. Expectations of this government-funded build-out has fuelled investor interest, making this a red-hot sector. Link here.

And in summary;

Thailand ended 2014 with a record high number of investment applications, totaling $31 billion, from foreign investors. Of the total number of applications, 74 projects were submitted by companies, including Ford Motor Co., General Motors and Seagate Technology. Link here.

Well that time has passed and it turns out Prayut was correct!!

Why was he correct? Because the Thailand Board of Investment had set investment policies that enhanced national competitiveness by encouraging R&D, innovation, value creation in the agricultural, industrial and services sectors, SMEs, fair competition and inclusive growth.

​BUT, but, but, we never saw the excerpts from the companies news conferences so that overrides your facts!!!

FACTS - The PTP's greatest enemy.

What have your links to do with US investment in Thailand?

First Solar is the only US company mentioned in the links.

Fantastic! We've got a new hub!!! LOL

Agriculture company Monsanto expressed an interest in turning Thailand into a "seed hub", given its perfect location for seed production.

Monsanto.... oh dear. Turning Thailand into one big genetically modified laboratory?

I was in a bar I occasionally frequent when it came on. Unfortunately the telly went on the blink. They managed to fix it just after his programme ended.

Sabotage they should have had a backup TV with earphones for the true believers. After his Friday night speech do you ever get a buzzing noise in your head? I have. I think it is called mantra manipulation.

I had a buzzing noise when I woke up this morning, nothing to do with the good general, I put it down to a slight overindulgence in Vitamin Chang!

Wait up! A Thai doing work - voluntarily? I need to sit down.

Can I introduce him to my daughter?

Personally think Prayuth's government are in a bit of a panic

all the signs of another credit crisis crash are there - retail has slumped/ property market is flat apart from upmarket, car sales have completely slumped

Never fear ff, tourists are pouring in with wallet loads of cash. TAT will be the saviour of the Kingdom. You watch.

I may have missed something, but which countries these days have a population of people with loads of cash?

Credit is King today. People just go to the bank and borrow your money on which the bank is paying you little or no interest. If the bank runs out the government prints more.

When I arrived in Land of Scams (ooh - 12 years ago?), i enquired after getting a credit card. That didn't last very long, the Bank (Ayudhya) said I could apply if I deposited 1m baht with them. They would then cheerfully lend me my own money for a piffling 20% (I think it was that).

Oddly, I was assured many foreigners thought it was a good deal...

Does anybody know who is pulling all the funds from the Thai SET ? and also not puchasing Government Bonds.

If the good old US of A investors are happy, then it must be the rest of the world pulling all the funds.

Prayut really means in his statement that a number of Corporate Investors seem to be happy, but the " REAL " money is not, or the SET would be flying, and the Government would not be able to keep up with Bond purchase demand.

I remember they last time Prayut had a meeting with the US business council.

In November, 2014 the U.S. businessmen indicated an interest to invest in Thailand’s energy, basic infrastructure, information technology and medical tourism industries as stated here. Well this investment potential was according to the Junta govt so it should be viewed sceptically with comments maybe asking to see excerpts from these company's news conferences. Of course we never saw these excerpts, but a lot of time has passed since then and what have we witnessed?

Energy - Thailand will have more solar power capacity than all of Southeast Asia combined as record sums of money is poured into the sector attracting foreign investors including U.S.-based First Solar. Link Here.

Information Technology - The data center market in Thailand has received a boost with the infusion of 10.15 billion baht in the wake of the government’s digital economy policy to turn Thailand into a trade hub in ASEAN through the use of IT. The government’s renewed focus on IT is a welcome one. Link here.

Medical - Opportunity for new investment in high end medical device manufacturing in Thailand due to increased demand in the healthcare market. Link here.

Infrastructure - In March the government released the investment plan for 2015-22, which covers 59 projects valued at $60 billion. Expectations of this government-funded build-out has fuelled investor interest, making this a red-hot sector. Link here.

And in summary;

Thailand ended 2014 with a record high number of investment applications, totaling $31 billion, from foreign investors. Of the total number of applications, 74 projects were submitted by companies, including Ford Motor Co., General Motors and Seagate Technology. Link here.

Well that time has passed and it turns out Prayut was correct!!

Why was he correct? Because the Thailand Board of Investment had set investment policies that enhanced national competitiveness by encouraging R&D, innovation, value creation in the agricultural, industrial and services sectors, SMEs, fair competition and inclusive growth.

​BUT, but, but, we never saw the excerpts from the companies news conferences so that overrides your facts!!!

FACTS - The PTP's greatest enemy.

What have your links to do with US investment in Thailand?

First Solar is the only US company mentioned in the links.

Don't bother asking for inconvenient things like facts - you're feeding the biggest troll in TV history.

Not in my head but I do get a strange, turbulent feeling in my stomach and bowels. Had to rush to the toilet on more than one occasion.

Wait up! A Thai doing work - voluntarily? I need to sit down.

Can I introduce him to my daughter?

Voluntary? No chance. He was a silly boy who got arrested for yaa baa ,(Using not dealing). At his father's request I paid the fine to spring him from jail. He is now paying it back by doing various jobs, under Best Beloveds strict orders. We're having a new kitchen and bathroom built and he is doing a lot of the work. He is actually not a bad workman once you have hidden his 27 piece hammer set!

Wouldn't recommend him to your daughter though...

Does anybody know who is pulling all the funds from the Thai SET ? and also not puchasing Government Bonds.

If the good old US of A investors are happy, then it must be the rest of the world pulling all the funds.

Prayut really means in his statement that a number of Corporate Investors seem to be happy, but the " REAL " money is not, or the SET would be flying, and the Government would not be able to keep up with Bond purchase demand.

Prayut, on several occassions, makes statements that shows he actively engages in daydreaming. If you press him on his statements he will say he was joking or mis-choked. He is quit an interesting character, to say the least.