Tourist Visa: Applied for Multiple Entry, Got Single

I showed them plenty of money, plane tickets, past Educational Visa, etc...

Sent it to Chicago, USA...

got the S on the Visa........so not good

was all pretty moot anyhow, since I had to stay in USA for business; however, this might help someone.

i guess my long-term trip just wasn't meant to be..

anyhow, I heard Chicago was the easiest......I am posting to say that wasn't true in my case.

The word "multiple" for visas implies you can come and go as often as like within the life of the visa.

For tourist visas you are granted either a 1 or 2 or sometimes 3 entry visa, but (if you don't obtain a re-entry permit during your permission to stay) each time you exit and return with a 2 or 3 entry visa , you are using up another one of those entries, so it can be used up long before its expiry date.

Edited by Suradit69

I am a little surprised by your "S". My recollection is that tourist visas specify number of entries "1", "2" or "3". Maybe it is different for tourist visas issued in the US.

Just checked some pics on the internet. They indeed write "S" for a single entry TR and "2", "3" for double and triple.

The "6 month multiple entry TR" is (another unripe improper) idea currently in the tabloids but not yet reality.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

I am a little surprised by your "S". My recollection is that tourist visas specify number of entries "1", "2" or "3". Maybe it is different for tourist visas issued in the US.

Just checked some pics on the internet. They indeed write "S" for a single entry TR and "2", "3" for double and triple.

The "6 month multiple entry TR" is (another unripe improper) idea currently in the tabloids but not yet reality.

Correct I have one in my old passport with an S.

That was issued locally in Vientiane.

Edited by stoneyboy

There is no multiple entry tourist visa. You can apply for a 1, 2 or 3 entry tourist visa. How much money did you send with the application. It is $40 per entry.

I think Ubonjoe nailed it. I ONLY sent them $40. So I should have sent them $80, of course, if I wanted a double entry.

I might go back and re-read the application, since I don't think it was that clear.

I found two sites, one said "embassy fee of $40" and the other said "$40 per entry".

I will retract my concern with Chicago. Next time, send $80

• Like 1

Another vote for LA, and they will answer the phone if you do a follow-up. I've seen them require return tickets in DC for a single, on a bad hair day. DC didn't require notarization of documents for retirement (O-A), which many know is idiotic. Chicago has been know to throw curve balls to people....but you screwed up, as I'm sure you know.

Another vote for LA, and they will answer the phone if you do a follow-up. I've seen them require return tickets in DC for a single, on a bad hair day. DC didn't require notarization of documents for retirement (O-A), which many know is idiotic. Chicago has been know to throw curve balls to people....but you screwed up, as I'm sure you know.[/quote? LA , btw if you have a Fat Passport like mine, don't forget the Right Postage for mailing back your PP, I just put a regular stamp on the return envelope, remembered and contacted Bernard in Visa sec. Very Nice, and he put extra stamp on it for me and I told him I would send it back to him in mail , which I did and a few extras, long story but the anxiety waiting to get PP back in time to go.
Edited by Nice Boyd