New 24 hour Mc Donalds now in Khon Kaen

pianoman

I haven't seen anything on this forum regarding the recent opening of the New 24 hour Mc Donalds... Being a fan of the Mc Breakfast Menu, it is nice to be able to enjoy an occasional Sausage Egg Mc Muffin without having to drive to Udon...

Pianoman

Where in KK?

Location is on Hywy 2 between Makro & Big C, (actually just a little past Makro when heading in to Khon Kaen from the Bypass... Also a New Starbucks will be opening soon almost next door to the Mc Donalds... This will make my almost Monthly shopping trips to Khon Kaen much more enjoyable... Now my only request for Khon Kaen would be the rumored opening of a Villa Market once the Udon Villa relocates to Udontown and they close their current location...

Pianoman

Where in KK?

Location is on Hywy 2 between Makro & Big C, (actually just a little past Makro when heading in to Khon Kaen from the Bypass... Also a New Starbucks will be opening soon almost next door to the Mc Donalds... This will make my almost Monthly shopping trips to Khon Kaen much more enjoyable... Now my only request for Khon Kaen would be the rumored opening of a Villa Market once the Udon Villa relocates to Udontown and they close their current location...

Pianoman

Good luck trying to get from one side of Mittrahip (sp? = same same highwy 2 thru central KK) to the other!

[spending a long weekend here and I cringe every time the family name another market/supermarket they want to go to. Must have spent over an hour sat in traffic on that road waiting in turn for my go at lights or a U-turn. Maybe the locals go out to the ring road to get on the appropriate side?].

I shalln't be going to McD bah.gif (albeit that particular item is not too bad)

It's a reasonable assumption that we came for shopping I guess, but not correct. Nothing here I can't get in Ubon, which also has a Starbucks if we are into a pi$$ing contest on competitive locational advantages.tongue.png

We came to KK for a pre-uni exam-prep crammer weekend school for my 18yo daughter; just so happens that my wife loves shopping, wherever she fetches up. KK wins the contest when it comes to education (and medecine) I believe.

Edited by SantiSuk

Why would you go to KC for shopping? Can't you get just about everything in Roi-et, and they have a Starbucks.

Living in Kalasin, Roi Et is closer than Khon Kaen and has both a Starbucks and Tops Market in the New Mall, but the Tops Market in Roi Et is much smaller and offers far less items than the one in Khon Kaen... "No McD's" in Roi Et and Khon Kaen has other shopping advantages over Roi Et... Khon Kaen offers many more Farang / Western restaurants than Roi Et, including the Subway Sandwich shop that is the same as the ones in the States...

Pianoman

Pianoman, where is the Subway, I was in KK last month, went to get my wife's passport. I really wanted a McDonalds or Subway, I knew where the McDonalds was, but I thought there was one at the new mall, which is easy to get too and easy parking. We went there, I was very disappointed, few shops of any importance, the only restaurant I saw I would eat in was Sizler's. I thought it would be like The Mall in Korat, but not even close. Never went into the Tops, my wife was getting tired, and I know when its best to go home. Besides I had been in Tops a couple of weeks before in Sakhon Nakhon so didn't really need anything.

Pianoman, where is the Subway, I was in KK last month, went to get my wife's passport. I really wanted a McDonalds or Subway, I knew where the McDonalds was, but I thought there was one at the new mall, which is easy to get too and easy parking. We went there, I was very disappointed, few shops of any importance, the only restaurant I saw I would eat in was Sizler's. I thought it would be like The Mall in Korat, but not even close. Never went into the Tops, my wife was getting tired, and I know when its best to go home. Besides I had been in Tops a couple of weeks before in Sakhon Nakhon so didn't really need anything.

George,

Mc Donalds in the Mall is located on the bottom floor (same floor as Tops) but mid way between Tops and the Book / School supply store at the opposite end from Tops.. They have a small (Ice cream only) shop and right next to it is the regular Mc D's.... If you enter the bottom floor from the lowest parking level, and the middle entrance, Mc D's is opposite the entrance and just to the left a bit...

The Subway is located in the Hugz mall on Sri Chan opposite the TukCom -- open 24 hours.

Location of Hugz Mall / Subway posted by DL Crab is spot on... It's a very small Mall and has parking under the Mall... Franchise shop same as in the US, even bake their own breads and you chose your own Fixen's... Don't forget to get a Choc Chip Cookie to followup the sandwich with... Excellent...

Pianoman

I missed the McDonalds, I thought there was one in that plaza, went there for that reason, but there was no McDonalds sign on the outside sign stand, so I thought I was mistaken, and looked inside, but I guess not hard enough. Oh well going to Canada for a few weeks the end of the month, the first time in sux years, I will either go to McDonadls in Bangkok on the way out, or back in Canada. I'm not a huge McDonald's fan, but haven't had one for over 4 years, the last time I was in Bangkok.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Where in KK?

Pianoman

Isn't there a Villa Market in Central?

Much prefer Amazon and their pricing, Star@#$&@ is Grand Theft imho

I agree... I went to the McD's in KK once. It was crowded/noisey/ and the prices were higher than in US. Oh and they don't sell milk shades.... I really enjoy their strawberry shakes.... not like the real thing but an enjoyable substitute...

My wife bought me a "Pork burger w/ cheese" that I enjoyed. She got if from (none other than 7-11. LOL it quieted the burger craving and I think she said it was Bt 27, :-)

The Subway is located in the Hugz mall on Sri Chan opposite the TukCom -- open 24 hours.

Thanks... I really miss my Phila hoagies (and pizzas... ya know the kind with the olive oil running down your arm when eating a slice), but Subway will do in a pinch. Now how a/b Krispy Kreme - only in BKK?

Where in KK?

Pianoman

Isn't there a Villa Market in Central?

No -- TOPS.

violin.gif

I would not eat in that dump, even if it was free.

The dump is the pannerai in udon thani a complete overpriced overated hotel with one of the worst buffet breakfasts ever.stayed once never again.

Eggs made to order, fresh fruits, coffee, breads, cheese, butter for a 1500 baht hotel room. Just awful....