Expat population permanently residing in LOS & country of origin stats?

fang37

Thank you - nothing really informative EXCEPT my guesses were way out viz Chinese & Japanese.

www.burning.b .........

Latest & most informative.

Edited by fang37

Cambodians & Burmese. Are they "expats"? laugh.png

In comparison with the local work force...NO they are experts...

Ya Cambodian and Burmese cuisine is wonderful and world renown cheesy.gif Just look at how many Cambodian and Burmese restaurants open every year in the West and other parts of Asia.clap2.gif

Cambodians & Burmese. Are they "expats"? laugh.png

In comparison with the local work force...NO they are experts...

Ya Cambodian and Burmese cuisine is wonderful and world renown cheesy.gif Just look at how many Cambodian and Burmese restaurants open every year in the West and other parts of Asia.clap2.gif

Rather no comment...

Interest in TOTAL number of expats residing permanently in LOS.

My guess -

American & Canadian

UK

Japanese

German

Australian & Kiwis

I don't think that's true of Americans. They have every choice of weather, scenery and price structure they can find in the rest of the world. They also have Mexico, Central and South America right over the border where SE Asia is a long and arduous trip. From S. of the border they can come "home" for medical care or other needs easily.

I can't speak for Canadians who do have harsher winters but then they can also go South. I know some who are in America during the winters.

Even though the US has 5X the population of the UK I think there are fewer Americans in Thailand than there are Brits. ?? It "feels" like that is also true of Australia which has an even smaller population.

From my experience I'd have to go with Brits as #1.

Thank you - nothing really informative EXCEPT my guesses were way out viz Chinese & Japanese.

www.burning.b .........

Latest & most informative.

For sure Brits and Aussies are # 1

After that I do not know..

For sure not, for sure Chinese is number one and by a long way, after that I guess Japan.

My guess -

American & Canadian

UK

Japanese

German

Australian & Kiwis

I don't think that's true of Americans. They have every choice of weather, scenery and price structure they can find in the rest of the world. They also have Mexico, Central and South America right over the border where SE Asia is a long and arduous trip. From S. of the border they can come "home" for medical care or other needs easily.

I can't speak for Canadians who do have harsher winters but then they can also go South. I know some who are in America during the winters.

Even though the US has 5X the population of the UK I think there are fewer Americans in Thailand than there are Brits. ?? It "feels" like that is also true of Australia which has an even smaller population.

# of residents in Thailand
Japan 60,000
UK 55,000
Germany 35,000
Korea 32,000
USA 30,000
France 27,000
Australa25,000
Sweden 17,000
Holland 15,000

My guess -

American & Canadian

UK

Japanese

German

Australian & Kiwis

You know some Canadians that are in America? Not bad!

My guess -

American & Canadian

UK

Japanese

German

Australian & Kiwis

# of residents in Thailand
Japan 60,000
UK 55,000
Germany 35,000
Korea 32,000
USA 30,000
France 27,000
Australa25,000
Sweden 17,000
Holland 15,000

So absolutely not one Chinese person, I'm shocked! blink.pngcoffee1.gif

• 1 month later...

ALL foreigners (including those expats who've been here for 30+ years, w/ wife, children, house & the whole 9-yards) are considered to be temporary guests, not permanent residents of this Kingdom. Permanent residency is obtainable, but only if one is willing to pay the purchase price, equivalent to buying a luxury, 2-3-bedroom condo, in downtown Bangkok, to get it. whistling.gif

Edited by TuskegeeBen