Two women face obscenity charge for dance in temple

Lite Beer

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched the video linked above.

I saw no dancing. I saw nothing obscene.

I did see a couple of women (I think) in short skirts jumping around and mugging for the camera.

Not even remotely close to some of the really sexually suggestive, pelvis thrusting stuff by women wearing much skimpier outfits that I've seen on some temple grounds stages.

I went to one of the Temple fund raising parties! A few years ago not far from Lamphun and they had coyote type dancers there. I was amazed as the dancing was very very dirty and performed by 6 girls, who took it in turns to do a turn on stage. They all had a bare minimum of clothing on and to be honest would not have been out of place in the best go go bar. So don't know what these two have done wrong because what I see on that video is very very tame compared to what I witnessed

Cultural insensitivity combined with poor dancing skills should not be a crime. You'd think the BIB have real crimes that they'd be better served spending their energy on.

Especially when the far more suggestive stuff that we've both seen goes on all the time all around Thailand, and no one blinks an eye about it.

Yes, on one hand almost laughable; on the other, quite serious to the extent that it reflects a new kind of heavy handed morals policing that Thailand can do without. The dancing is truly awful but it's the kind of spontaneity that was quite common, now very rare. Give me the lousy dancers in the temple any day rather than the po-faced, dreary lot staring at phone/tablet screens on the BTS.

Hang on! These girls do something silly and they might get a month in jail or have to pay 10,000 baht as a fine but when the drama show blocked the intersection in BKK without proper authorization, they only got a 1,000 baht fine. I do not see the justice here.

Edited by Eddy B

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VE3NJ4XX-Fc

Seems pretty harmless to me. This trend of cultural oversensitivity caused completely by overuse of social media is most disturbing.

Agree. I seen much raunchier performances on stage in temple grounds at parties arranged for someone before going to be a monk for a couple of weeks.

Some of those girls wear much skimpier and leave far less to the imagination with their gyrations.

I agree with the bad dancing bit.

Perhaps they should have used a different shade of red also.

Anyway...Repent ye sinners...repent...

post-146250-0-61111700-1439115635_thumb.

Thannicha Nampanya and Nitikarn Chotthanapongsathit, appear

at a police news conference in Ayutthaya on Saturday...

Maybe they just wanted to have some fun...ie...that old Cindy Lauper song...

They should be punished.

Disrespectful foreigners make all foreigners look like trash.

If slutty girls did provocative dances in the Vatican, would Christians turn the other cheek or try to pinch one one of he girl's cheeks?

Oh wait, I forgot, Catholic clergy prefer little boy's cheeks!

The senior cop will be rubbing his hands (?) with glee at the "payment" he will receive from these two "models" to ensure the case is dealt with leniently. tongue.png

Surely not, after all this heinous crime touches upon morals and Buddhism. It's the slippery slope I tell you, next thing we know they will be running down policemen or worse!

They allow paid sex to occur all throughout Thailand but two young girls jump around like monkeys and they get charged. Another laughable charge against two women who obviously can't dance. The charges should be dropped, how can you call that dancing.

How is the murder charge coming along against the red bull guy?

Edited by ldiablo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VE3NJ4XX-Fc

Seems pretty harmless to me. This trend of cultural oversensitivity caused completely by overuse of social media is most disturbing.

No, there's a segment of the elite that is incredibly obsessed with sex. You probably don't remember a few years ago (I think Thaksin was Prime Minister) the complaint because young women (late teens, early twenties) were wearing blouses with "spaghetti" straps. That is they had straps going over the shoulders to hold the top up that were like strings. Why this was thought to be provocative or sexy was never clear to me, but a number of old biddies who are considered big deals in high society were shocked, shocked I tell you, that this mode of dress was not made illegal. They thought it was particularly bad when the young women were in the vicinity of Siam Square. Since then we've seen a number of historical movies and lakorns showing low-class women wearing the traditional Thai dress with NO straps holding the bodice up, and it hasn't seemed to offend them.

Edited by Acharn

We don't need no entertainment

We don't need no thought control

No dirty dancing in the temple

Prayuth, leave them girls alone

Hey Prayuth, leave them girls alone

All in all, it's just another brick in his wall

All in all you're just another brick in his wall.

Apologies to Mr Waters wai.gif

Edited by ratcatcher