Hua Hin horse manure

element555

When faced with a horse manure problem on the beach...consider starting a new tradition...slinging horse manure at the nearest vendors who will not stoop to help police-up the beaches...also contact the Hua Hin ex-pat chess club...they know something about this subject...wai2.gif

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that Hua Hin is nice enough, but there are better places if you want a beach. I also agree that the locals tend to be a bit indifferent. If I was looking for a more natural beach life, I'd steer away from the Gulf altogether and look at the Adaman Coast. If you're prepared to live a few km inland, there are still some beautiful curves of beach with reliable seasonal waves (only enough for body-surfing and body-boarding) that are clean and affordable. Some of the less touristy beaches on Phuket Island are worth a look.

I never accept anything in plastic bags. I'd like to see kids educated at primary school level about litter and how it damages the environment and their future, and to say 'no' to plastic bags. You can't do much about the older generation, but you have to start somewhere.

Good on you. Same here.

Makro is one of the few retailers in thailand with a progressive policy towards plastic bags. Whatever the reasoning behind it, I give them much credit for it. It at least introduces the concept of conservation into the Thai mind. Something very few have ever considered. I carry my own reusable bags where ever I go. People look at me like I am from another planet. Once in a while I see a glimmer of recognition of what I am trying to accomplish. Same with water. I carry my own bottle into the restaurant, that I fill from the recyclable 20 liter bottles I get at home. I figure I save about 600 plastic bottles a year. Only had one restaurant complain about it in ten years. I told them to eat me.

People look at me as if to say, why would you not want plastic? Plastic is good. No effort has ever been made by any of the non visionary leaders this country has suffered under, to eradicate the Thai obsession with plastic. So, kudos to Makro for this policy.

you moved to the wrong place, hua hin is not for beach lovers i'm afraid

maybe head down to the islands. lots of nice beaches there, can swim nearly every day

Bingo, you get the gold star. The perpetuated myth that Hua Hin is a quality beach lovers town is constantly perpetuated ,often by by people on TV, on the internet and the truth (as posted by the OP) speaks for itself. You can't go to a beach for a week on a holiday and than tell people it's a great location to live. There are problems of course to varying degrees everywhere but Hua Hin beach is just nasty. If you want a beach move to the Andaman coast. Yesterday the waves were phenomenal. We literally have never had that much fun in the water. Not one horse pile in site. Good luck.

Sounds good information, however hugh waves may not be everybody's idea of a good day out at the sea for a "dip".

A. I never said the waves were huge

B. Who says you have to venture far from shore to get wet? Seems to me all the kids in the shallows were having fun. Are you confined to a wheelchair or something?

C. Never said it was for everybody, but if I ventured to take a guess, I would say generally speaking people prefer to swim horse shit free.

maybe head down to the islands. lots of nice beaches there, can swim nearly every day

Bingo, you get the gold star. The perpetuated myth that Hua Hin is a quality beach lovers town is constantly perpetuated ,often by by people on TV, on the internet and the truth (as posted by the OP) speaks for itself. You can't go to a beach for a week on a holiday and than tell people it's a great location to live. There are problems of course to varying degrees everywhere but Hua Hin beach is just nasty. If you want a beach move to the Andaman coast. Yesterday the waves were phenomenal. We literally have never had that much fun in the water. Not one horse pile in site. Good luck.

As many others here I had made ​​my choice to Hua Hin for not being too far from Bangkok as I have some stuff going on there ... But it's not worth it, even if life is not not so bad here in Hua Hin there is really nice things, especially after staying in Rayong (which is clearly the chernobyl of Thailand ), Ill be looking for a place in more natural and preserved area in a very near future.

Its really depress me what i see on the beach and how locals does not seems to care or even notice

Thank for all the messages on this forum and advice for sandfiles i will try ! and also ideas to reallocate. I will not stay very long in Hua Hin, a month or two I think , I have to convince my wife ( thai) to move away of bangkok a little more again :D

One more thing i would like to post here : Refuse systematically all plastic bags in shops like 7/1 and others , if all farang would start to do this maybe employees and managers will question themselves about this "russian dolls" plastic bags things. Yesterday i bought tiger balm and they have try to put it into a plastic bag !! I know it's part of the good service here, but common ! Planet is dying from such things and it's happening NOW !

If you take your own shopping bag they simply treat you as a major pest and the tellers really dislike it, I know been there done that got the t shirt.

Just came back from Hua Hin at the weekend on a golfing trip, been going there annually for a few years now. The locals are extremely ignorant and the service in most 7/11 is none existent. I went in one for a pkt of cigarettes and the guy behind the counter had his back to me doing something. I asked for the packet and he just ignored me. After i asked him about 4 times and 5 mins later he turned around and gave me the most volatile look ever. He was wearing a black hoody and was simply the most obnoxious arrogant ass hole i have ever come across serving inside a 7/11. Amazingly there was a lot of western people holidaying there and maybe those people working there should come to Pattaya and see the difference the staff are dealing with the public. Hua Hin service industry are institutionalized into thinking these people that they are paid to serve are here today, gone tomorrow. Well they had a crown of guys there who had lived in Thailand combined for over 150 years.

You get 1 bad staff in a 7/11 and think that represents the whole town? Me thinks we have someone who expects to be waited on hand and foot because he is a Farang

Lives in Pattaya as well, the biggest Cesspool in Thailand

Darrendsd, hello

you fell ill because usually, in shops, they are pleasant.
Given the number of 7/11 there has in Hua Hin, I am surprised that you have almost all the facts. unsure.png

I know English is not your first language but please try and read and understand posts before posting yourself,

Maybe you would be better off in a forum in your own language until your English improves? i'm sorry to say most of your posts in English language are very difficult to understand

Just a suggestion, after all this is a English speaking forum in case you haven't noticed

Can i ask you where exactly did you get those waves and much details on how phenomenal it was ? Offshore winds? barrels ? other surfers in the water ? I had gave up a little bit on finding waves in Thailand even Andaman cost, but your message bring me new hopes (i usually travel to philipines or indo when i have enough money). I have studied the maps and the south west swells seems to hit Sumatra or Nicobars and seems to blocked on their route to Thailand west coast... I have 3 surfboards here in my garage in hua hin hopeless to ride someday in Thailand waters...

Yesterday at my secret spot south of Ranong, late afternoon the wind swung (uncharacteristically offshore) and there were double overhead storm sets coming through. Huge glassy wedges with stand up barrels on the inside sections. To give you an idea of the size I was riding them on a 8 foot gun I had shaped for J Bay. There is plenty of good surf spots on the East coast of Thailand. You have to know where, and you have to know when. The right tide is critical for many spots. PM me if you are ever over this way and you have your boards.

do you think you will decide for me.
I'm not a submissive thai.
Return to your country, if you find unpleasant merchants.
You are a poor guy with no interest for me.
You should not have many friends.
In fact I am trilingual.

Maybe you are but English is not one of them and this is a English speaking forum

In fact, the service funny, you were out of you complaining about poor reception of almost every 7/11 of Hua Hin;

I think we talked about beach and horse dung.

When you can read topics, we'll talk.

Meanwhile, with such behavior, the Thais farengs or even turn their heads when they see you.

Potato, 4th to learn a language should be a teacher speaks my language. Think about it.

You have no social skills. whistling.gifwhistling.gifwhistling.gif

Right, my mistake. As you had taken the message of Equilizer I had given you. Apologies for this error, but not for the rest, because you still made remarks aggressive towards me.
So you're an unsociable person.

No I am not,

You make comments about me without understanding what I am saying because your English is poor, learn to understand English before you do this, This is a English speaking forum

Really, so you are to eliminate persons not mastered English. I know this is an English forum, but personally, I leave to speak even those who do not speak my language.

This is called "freedom of expression" or "an open mind" what you do not, your life being made of selfishness and ego.

Just look around you instead of looking at your belly button, it will go much better.

I hope that your sentences "in English" are correctly oriented and without mistakes.

Well, apparently you read me. You see, when you want. thumbsup.gif

But I'll let you know that I had responded to host the 7/11 (well, there was none of error) without agressivity, but you were very rude to me. It did not start the quarrel.

As we say at home: you should put water in your wine.

It means you should you a little moderate.

and being on a forum does not allow you to be uncomfortable.

Just came back from Hua Hin at the weekend on a golfing trip, been going there annually for a few years now. The locals are extremely ignorant and the service in most 7/11 is none existent. I went in one for a pkt of cigarettes and the guy behind the counter had his back to me doing something. I asked for the packet and he just ignored me. After i asked him about 4 times and 5 mins later he turned around and gave me the most volatile look ever. He was wearing a black hoody and was simply the most obnoxious arrogant ass hole i have ever come across serving inside a 7/11. Amazingly there was a lot of western people holidaying there and maybe those people working there should come to Pattaya and see the difference the staff are dealing with the public. Hua Hin service industry are institutionalized into thinking these people that they are paid to serve are here today, gone tomorrow. Well they had a crown of guys there who had lived in Thailand combined for over 150 years.

You get 1 bad staff in a 7/11 and think that represents the whole town? Me thinks we have someone who expects to be waited on hand and foot because he is a Farang

Lives in Pattaya as well, the biggest Cesspool in Thailand

Sorry the truth hurts fellow. The place has the least customer friendly service staff in Thailand and the worse bent police that make ever north Korea seem mild. I though pattaya had bent coppers. Those thugs aid the women to drug tourists in the night spots, seen it with my own eyes matie pie.

the guy behind the counter had his back to me doing something. I asked for the packet and he just ignored me. After i asked him about 4 times and 5 mins later he turned around and gave me the most volatile look ever. He was wearing a black hoody and was simply the most obnoxious arrogant ass hole i have ever come across serving inside a 7/11.

Won't he be embarassed to find out the guy in the hoodie wasn't an employee. He was robbing the place.

Going back to the main subject,

I keep picking the "horse manure" plastic bags when i see it, and i bring it back to a garbage when i have the chance to find one. Heard some thai say something like : Ho my god ! falang.... i not pay attention, i have no problem about people mocking me that if it can activates some neurones here and there with the locals looking at me, and specially the horse guys/owners.

About the beach issue : Soi 75, i have try to swim 20 meters away form the shore and get my body and face stung everywhere ! I could feel some sort of small jellies bubbles (like eggs) between my fingers (i have manage to capture one of them check pictures bellow). Again it's not strong stings and the tingling does not last more than 30 minutes but it's impossible to swim. It’s really feels like jumping in a nettle bush. Same result in Takiab yesterday + sandflies (elbow sting on the picture).

But going back to the sea problem, there is something in the water which stings... maybe it's a combination of things: sealices like someone mentioned, jellyfish eggs, plancton... I’m not sure but i really want to know. From my experience i had only few days, during may-june where those things were not in the water. Rest of the time you can always feels those sea nettles or jellyfish…

Sadly sandflies are here all year, i confirm, new bites yesterday.. Yes as somebody said here, why do i insist to go to the beach ? Well before i leave i would like to know exactly what are those things. If it’s a global warming effect then it will spread everywhere in the gulf of Thailand even snorkeling and diving islands in the south..

NOTE: If town hall read this : Install GARBAGE every 200m along the beach that would be a good way to start…

post-239633-0-43090500-1439493885_thumb.post-239633-0-06252600-1439493892_thumb.post-239633-0-54562100-1439493895_thumb.post-239633-0-73928100-1439493904_thumb.

Edited by element555

should not be taken in hand, they are jellyfish babies. Jellyfish are zebra stripes, like a burn.

The buttons are those of sandflies flying on the sand,

and those that fly and walk on the water, this may be gerris. Itchy too.

Do not scratch, but build on the mark with Tiger Balm.

I have not seen urtiquantes anemones (or sea nettles) on coastal beaches. translat google.

Thanks for documented answer sirocco. I take good note of this. For the sandflies i have found that a german cream i use for back pain which really works and remove this horrible itches

So still try to figure out what creates that tingling sensation when i swim in Hua Hin water. It does not leaves stripes marks but sometimes read random shapes marks on the skin. "urtiquantes" sensation last for about 1H after leaving the water. it's quite painful if you swim under water when it stings around the eyes where the skin is very thin. whatever it is it's invisible , just go for a swim and you will immediately experience. I have also noticed that the tourists checks at their body after a swim, sometimes scratches... and thais almost always where long sleeves and skinny jeans and does not looks too much affected. However what ever it is, it must go under their shirt too, so i think they just accept and maybe think that how a swim in the sea should feels.

I think if it's not jelly eggs or jellies babies, it must be something like sea nettles then. After checking diving forums and wikipedia description really feels like "Viatrix globulifera".

Edited by element555

I have been to kids playground with my daughter today (near the immigration center ) and was shock to see the kids swimming and playing directly outside the sewers (and sewers directly into the sea). Don't know what the parents are thinking there must be some very dangerous bacterias in the water here mixed with harmful chemicals... hope the town will install some signs to inform parents even if it looks (and smell) obvious to not swim there.

Also be careful if you go there with your kids , there is no fences to prevents them to fall down in the 2meters deep sewers which are literally all around the park and just all around playground. Any recommandation for another / better kids playground where i could bring my daughter play with other kids ?

Thanks

post-239633-0-19608600-1439749489_thumb.

post-239633-0-11208000-1439749508_thumb.

post-239633-0-66349100-1439749519_thumb.

Edited by element555

I have been to kids playground with my daughter today (near the immigration center ) and was shock to see the kids swimming and playing directly outside the sewers (and sewers directly into the sea). Don't know what the parents are thinking there must be some very dangerous bacterias in the water here mixed with harmful chemicals... hope the town will install some signs to inform parents even if it looks (and smell) obvious to not swim there.

Also be careful if you go there with your kids , there is no fences to prevents them to fall down in the 2meters deep sewers which are literally all around the park and just all around playground. Any recommandation for another / better kids playground where i could bring my daughter play with other kids ?

Thanks

Hmmmm paradise...

• 4 weeks later...