Chaing Mai Immigration Online Reporting valid for Annual Extension Renewal

tomdfc

With apologies in advance, but I have tried online but been unable to get a clear, current understanding of some points -

1. is online reporting in Chiang Mai working
  2. I presume it is still the case that you cannot book more than 100 days in advance and that you need to be online at midnight to have a chance of an appointment
  3. can an appointment be booked for renewal of annual extension of retirement & dependant's visas (or does it only cater for 90 day reporting)?
  4. If can be booked as above, should one or two (husband & wife) appointments be booked

(I realise points 3 & 4 may be irrelevant, depending on the first two answers.)

Many thanks.

lets be clear here.. online reporting (for 90 day report) is a different animal than the online queue system (currently defunct) which served to make

appts. for things like extensions of visa to stay based on retirement or marriage and such...

afaik, the online report system is still working, the other, not so much = not at all

The >Queue Online< printing procedure is no longer available for the time being, it might restart again at a latter date but there is no news about it, but lets hope it will start again soon.

Visa applicants must now go to the new Immigration office in GM. for their annual Visa applications and can begin to start 45 days before the end of their visa date and they should arrive there at 7.am in the morning and the immigration team will accept about 20 applicants and they will give the appropriate application "queue number" and then the applicants have to wait in the queue.

The Queue timing inside the immigration office is not a short time as was in the past with the Queue Online procedure.

Here's my experience:

I was able to do the online queue months ago with success. I snatched up two queues, one for me and one for my daughter, both for extension renewals.

Our queue date was July 20th and my current extension expired on July 29th whereas my daughter's extension was not expiring until August 19th.

They had no problems with either of us.

....but as always what they required for paperwork was different than the last time.... Every year something is just slightly different from any prior year and I have been doing this process now for the past 7 years.... smile.png Gotta just 'play the game'.....

• 2 weeks later...

I had an appointment for yesterday at 13.30 for Marriage Extension. Arrived 13.00, checked in at counter and was called at 13.32, paperwork complete in 28 minutes and passport back with receipt in another 10.

Very efficient service with a smile and the old office only had about 35 people in total. Also noted was now three officers processing Marriage Extensions instead of the usual two, which moves things along a lot faster. Didn't appear to be any shortage of staff.

I had an appointment for yesterday at 13.30 for Marriage Extension. Arrived 13.00, checked in at counter and was called at 13.32, paperwork complete in 28 minutes and passport back with receipt in another 10.

Very efficient service with a smile and the old office only had about 35 people in total. Also noted was now three officers processing Marriage Extensions instead of the usual two, which moves things along a lot faster. Didn't appear to be any shortage of staff.

Perhaps one would be so kind and cycle over to Promenda to assist with retirees....

Perhaps one would be so kind and cycle over to Promenda to assist with retirees....

"Not my job."

Rather glad i won't be visiting the new office; much easier to post 90 day reports than get involved in that bun fight.

Something i forgot to report in my earlier post was whilst i was at the old office five different people arrived to do 90 day reports oblivious to the fact that anything had changed. All looked rather stunned/bemused to be handed a map to the new office and told...''solly,no 90 day service here ''.