CNBC's Quiet Panic

CNBC's token voice of reason, Bill Fleckenstein, who has predicted every market crash and correctly since the 1980's at least twice, is sounding alarms again. Only odd thing is that he seems to be dragging his feet on opening his Short Fund until October 1, which would be after the Shemitah and the fourth blood moon. Either way, might be time to spend your manipudollars while you still can.

http://www.cnbc.com/2015/08/04/short-seller-who-called-financial-crisis-sees-calamity-ahead.html

If you are a trader, never waste your time on financial TV-channels like CNBC, Bloomberg and so on. It's only distraction. Just read the tape. Trust on your own readings. Keep it simple and be consistent.

Edited by alocacoc

CNBC's token voice of reason, Bill Fleckenstein, who has predicted every market crash and correctly since the 1980's at least twice, is sounding alarms again. Only odd thing is that he seems to be dragging his feet on opening his Short Fund until October 1, which would be after the Shemitah and the fourth blood moon. Either way, might be time to spend your manipudollars while you still can.

http://www.cnbc.com/2015/08/04/short-seller-who-called-financial-crisis-sees-calamity-ahead.html

I think you have trust issues.

This guy talked about (shorting) semi-conductor stocks, he spent most of the time on Intel.

Intel currently has a P/E ratio of 12.53. I think the move away from desktops and onto ARM-based mobile devices is already in the price of their stock, I wouldn’t short this company at their current low valuation, it’s not like they’re on the way to become irrelevant, as the desktop market is still huge, and they do much more than just x86 CPUs, plus they are a generation ahead of everyone else when it comes to fabrication, so even with x86 becoming irrelevant (fat chance!) they could start to fab ARM designs.

Remember that Bill Fleckenstein probably makes far more money by selling his financial services than he does on successful trades.

And his brief talk about Apple, he said they didn’t meet their numbers, that’s wrong. What they didn’t meet was Wall Street’s insane growth expectations, but they had a record third quarter with year-over-year profit up 45% and is currently trading at a P/E ratio of 13.79. Another stock I wouldn’t short, in fact I increased my position in Apple last week.

"Only odd thing is that he seems to be dragging his feet on opening his Short Fund until October 1, which would be after the Shemitah and the fourth blood moon. "

Concerning for all, no doubt. facepalm.gif

Btw, how much talk has there been on CNBC about blood moons and financial advice based upon witchcraft and superstition? Wait, what? No coverage?

I think you have trust issues.

you would have rocks in your head for not having trust issues e.g. look at the female candidate who is trying to become president of the USAermm.gif