• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

59 you say, hmmm, fancy a small wager?

Considering all your past currency predictions about GBP/Baht exchange rates has been wildly wrong.

I'm fairly confident the rate will hit 60 in the next couple of years.

59 you say, hmmm, fancy a small wager?

Considering all your past currency predictions about GBP/Baht exchange rates has been wildly wrong.

I'm fairly confident the rate will hit 60 in the next couple of years.

Why AOA, how impolite. gigglem.gif

For the benefit of others, AOA/TTP/MJM/whatever is referring to this:

"What I actually said at the time, all those years ago, was that GBP/THB would hit 40, +/- 10% and so it did, it hit 43. Sadly though, some people took that to be a forecast of 35 and this has now become urban myth on this forum, proving yet again that most people can't read and comprehend well at all. But I'll sit here and wait for your "proof" and I'll be reminding you from time to time.

EDIT to add: and here's something you CAN quote me on, with my full support and it's exactly the same thing today as I said all those years ago, GBP/THB will trade again at 40, +/- 10%, it's already been there once recently. This time, try not to screw up the quote and remember that doesn't mean 35"!

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/847188-thai-baht-likely-to-weaken-further-this-week/page-2

Edited by chiang mai

Looks like best part of one peak on a positive trend to me. The pound only went down from 2014 levels because of General Election uncertainty combined with the Scottish referendum.

As others point out, there are certain events on the horizon in Thailand which will fuel uncertainty the other way. I'd try to wait another 2-3 months & hold for even better rates. Otherwise the trend looks to me like there will be another slight rise now before the next consolidation trough.

http://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?from=GBP&to=THB&view=5Y

ps. I'm no expert! smile.png

post-93738-0-81191300-1440752635_thumb.p

Edited by timbothaivisa

Let's set aside any topic which would violate forum rules, such future events are not for debate, that leaves other events both on the UK Sterling and Thai Baht side.

Whilst it's great that everyone has an idea about what the rate might be at some point in time, there's no real science associated with guessing, as fun as that might be some times. For me, the more interesting aspect of trying to forecast what the rate might be in say one, three six and twelve months time is trying to understand the various factors involved and which way they might go. For example, will Thai exports recover and how or will they continue to fall; will the UK budget deficit continue to fall or not; what direction will GDP take in both camps; what will be the impact of rate rises in the US and/or UK, should they happen as thought; will Thai tourism continue to grow or will it take a serious hit, that sort of stuff.

BTW this is just for fun, stretch the mind and think about some details kind of stuff, not too heavy and serious, OK.

Edited by chiang mai

Let's set aside any topic which would violate forum rules, such future events are not for debate, that leaves other events both on the UK Sterling and Thai Baht side.

Whilst it's great that everyone has an idea about what the rate might be at some point in time, there's no real science associated with guessing, as fun as that might be some times. For me, the more interesting aspect of trying to forecast what the rate might be in say one, three six and twelve months time is trying to understand the various factors involved and which way they might go. For example, will Thai exports recover and how or will they continue to fall; will the UK budget deficit continue to fall or not; what direction will GDP take in both camps; what will be the impact of rate rises in the US and/or UK, should they happen as thought; will Thai tourism continue to grow or will it take a serious hit, that sort of stuff.

BTW this is just for fun, stretch the mind and think about some details kind of stuff, not too heavy and serious, OK.

Hmmmm....That sounds like Harold MacMillan (Supermac) who, when asked, "What are the main things about the economy that worry you?" He replied..."Events dear boy, events" They don't make them like him anymore. biggrin.png

Thanks to nationwide and their inefficiency,a swift that should have come at the beginning of last week was not sent,as an apology they have just said I will not have to pay the 20 quid fee,I hope it does not go down next week as they will not send it in till monday

Thanks to nationwide and their inefficiency,a swift that should have come at the beginning of last week was not sent,as an apology they have just said I will not have to pay the 20 quid fee,I hope it does not go down next week as they will not send it in till monday

Always use Transferwise now,or Azimo,about £10 for transfer of £1000,takes about 4 to 5 days excluding Sat Sun. take if your debit card ,bit quicker

Carney quotes interest rate rises are close to happening,should put a spurt on for Sterling

a British friend of mine mentioned once "Nationwide is not a bank but a disease!"

a British friend of mine mentioned once "Nationwide is not a bank but a disease!"

Why.....??

Why.....??

i did not ask him why because i was not interested in more tales of boring details about his business with a former building society which claims to be a bank nowadays.

Why.....??

i did not ask him why because i was not interested in more tales of boring details about his business with a former building society which claims to be a bank nowadays.

Well clearly both you and your "friend" are wrong in this instance. Not debating further

Why.....??

Well clearly both you and your "friend" are wrong in this instance. Not debating further

Obviously a bit young to be involved in carpetbagging.

yep, disappointing but I made the move and got 55.6 so not too displeased, plus I also have dollars so will watch that. Dont need to transfer till November so I am sure there will be a chance of either sterling or the mighty greenback reaching my transfer price! ;-)