Thai politics: Blind demonisation of opponents doesn't help anybody

webfact

The quality and content of the posts by people on this forum give an excellent indicator to the character types who support Thaksin/Pheu-Thai and those who don't.

It is a far more revealing truth of their personal ethics than the lists given in the original article - and shows things are not that complex at all for most.

yes I agree that those who support unelected military juntas really DO reveal their ethical base as well as those that keep intoning the 'it's all Thaksin's fault' mantra

and, of course, you being an 'ethical self-righteous dude' you would agree that not all those opposed to military rule are Thaksin supporters!

good glad we cleared that up

The odd thing is that those Thais supporting the PTP in the country at large are generally working or lower middle class, and are certainly not all particularly well educated ( a very different matter from being unintelligent of course).

On the forum however - judging by quality of posts,ability to express arguments clearly and succinctly, grasp of grammar and syntax etc the most rabid foreign opponents of PTP seem to be generally of the lower social classes and indifferently educated.These are precisely the kind of people who in Britain are vocal in their dislike of toffs and a self serving establishment class.

Many exceptions of course but the paradox is striking. enough to be worth noting.

You may well be right jayboy, but as is the case with many of your observations and predictions, we will never know.

One thing I have noticed, in the 10 years I have been reading comments on this forum, is that the anti-Shin "lower social classes" may not have the education standards their opponents but at least their open and honest opinions don't sound like they came out of a South London boiler-room. biggrin.png

To be honest on many occasions that's exactly what they sound like.