Usa Is Reviewing Its Aid To Thailand

I doubt you could buy spare parts and maintenance on one Blackhawk for $24M. That's couch cushion change in the defense industry.
That's a great point. The defense budget of the Thai govt, in US Dollars, is close to 2 or 1.8 billion, or two thousand million. Twenty-four compared to two thousand is simply chump change.

Notice, too, that the only suspended funds are military. And once the dust settles in a few more weeks, and the overly busy policy experts at the U S Depts. of State and Defense get to thinking about it, they will decide not to shoot themselves in the foot yet again, and they will realize the obvious:

Thailand is one of their best allies in the region.

Thailand is a democracy.

Congratulations to Storekeeper for the wisdom to "police himself." As the late Ann Richards would say, Storekeeper has more than one dog in this fight. :o

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt you could buy spare parts and maintenance on one Blackhawk for $24M. That's couch cushion change in the defense industry.

Only $5.9M a piece according to Wikipedia. $24M will get you four Black Hawks.

In that case, I'll be driving one home this weekend. No more rush hour traffic...and if there is...I blow it up

The United States has suspended almost 24 million dollars of assistance to the Thai government, guess the Royal Thai army is not going to order the 16 new helicopters in the USA.

What a drama. Whole 24 mils suspended? That money could feed children in Africa for entire 2 hours.

But think how many AK-47's it will buy the warlords. I suspect most aid to there never gets past them. :o