Near theft of bike. Where to get GPS tracker?

ThaiWai

the alarm locks are cheap , 300 baht for padlock size , 500 baht for bike type long enough to go thru spokes

when activated they first make a few beeps , if touched again a loud siren noise starts

I have no idea if a big hammer will kill them !

I put one around the door lock on my back door , and sometimes forget and its loud enough !

There's a great Reddit AMA about an ex-motorcycle thief & chop shop operator that talks about some of the basics and his mentality when looking to steal bikes.

Here are his basic tips:

• Make it appear to take a long time to steal
  • $100 disc lock on rear wheel
  • $150 chain/lock combo through hard parts not chain & not wheels
  • Lockable bike cover
  • Keep steering locked
  • Don't leave bike outside an apartment complex
  • Bring a stubby flathead and remove clutch lever (good for short term security since most thieves won't have that on hand)

More here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/motorcycles/comments/t5shp/ex_thief_chopshop_operator_ama/

• 1 year later...
On 8/16/2015 at 8:35 AM, ThaiWai said:

Thanks yes I have. I hate disc locks. Forget it's on once and you are screwed. I like the GPS idea for reasons other than theft also. Loaned out, in the shop, resale perk etc. At the end of the day. A determined thief will get what he wants. I may throw a thick chain around a palm tree at night though for added deterrent. I got lucky last time. Gonna improve my odds for next time.

For when you get old like me and still like the security of a disc lock. Disc lock reminder

David

Archived