Thailand expects nearly 1 million Chinese tourists in October

webfact

After looking at the photograph, especially considering what's written on the right girl's T-shirt, I'll never ever write a Chinese bashing post again.

She doesn't look like she'd spit in my pool.....

" I want more." Oh, yes.

Does anybody know her facebook username? I think I fell in love with China. wub.png

She wants more of your money ...

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After looking at the photograph, especially considering what's written on the right girl's T-shirt, I'll never ever write a Chinese bashing post again.

" I want more." Oh, yes.

Does anybody know her facebook username? I think I fell in love with China. wub.png

Really? I used to think there was one pretty Chinese until I found Michelle Yeoh is actually Malaysian. Since then I've yet to see one even moderately interesting.

I'd like to take the opportunity to thank Maj. Gen. Sansern Kaewkamnerd for helping the missus & I solve a slightly difficult dilemma concerning when to go on holiday. October it is then! However another dilemma is manifesting itself with the Chinese invasion date now a known happening.....and that dilemma is...when will they retreat? November? December? January?

Two weeks after arrival? Please post more info on this matter Maj. Gen. Sansern Kaewkamnerd or Khaosod..it would be much appreciated.

Sincere Regards

" I want more." Oh, yes.

Wake up ! it means no matter what you give it will never be enough and she will never be satisfied. Clearly she has great understanding of the local culture.

1 million because they are RICH!!! They have spent billions on Real Estate in America, and fly the world to see how the expats live.

People are so jealous they can fly to Thailand, and then LEAVE......while most expats here spend 49 baht on soup noodle and wait for change from their 50 baht bill...

yes, this means you!!!!

i'm off to china to study the pandas......

Don't rush back.

Oh oh, struck a nerve. You must be one of those noodle eaters he referred to. biggrin.png

(49bt is way too much for a bowl of noodles. Our local noodle shop in CM only charges 25bt a bowl.) thumbsup.gif

That will help get the numbers up to the predicted 28.8 million tourists although going by tourist arrival trends I feel 28.8 million might be a bit under stated.

If one cannot deny the facts showing record number of tourist arrivals the next logical step is to denounce the quality of tourists.

I for one hope this offers a strong boost to Thailand so the tourist sector can continue to prosper as it has done since rebounding in May last year.

And you probably think more Chinese will travel when their money is getting devalued also? Heheee

You seem to forget that most Asian currencies including THB already devalued against the greenback so with the recent devaluation of the Yuan it is on par with the Asian currencies and at the same exchange rate as a month ago!

By all accounts most of the Chinese that come to Thailand are on package deals, so the only people benefiting will be the airlines and the hotels. With the stock market in turmoil and the currency in freefall I would imagine that some the wealthy Chinese will be cutting back on their spending.coffee1.gif

What spending?

I was chased in the waters off Koh Larn once by a horde of fat Chinese women who wanted to touch the skin of a white guy.....Still have nightmares.

Brings back memories of my time in Vietnam about 10 years ago. Sitting at a bus stop in Hanoi, two Viet ladies next to me talking away, the one next to me stroking the hairs on my forearm because she thought I was hairy like a monkey.

I drank a lot while in that country.

I was chased in the waters off Koh Larn once by a horde of fat Chinese women who wanted to touch the skin of a white guy.....Still have nightmares.

You ran away or when rape was inevitable did you lie back and think of Chang ?

is this man serious ?

China have the renimbi and not the dollar,

and a weeker currency of China will reduce and not increase number of travellers;

But this seems to be Thai mathematics !

where they learned it ? in Jungle counting bananas ??

Brings back memories of my time in Vietnam about 10 years ago. Sitting at a bus stop in Hanoi, two Viet ladies next to me talking away, the one next to me stroking the hairs on my forearm because she thought I was hairy like a monkey.

I drank a lot while in that country.

or otherwise around ?

your forarm stroked her hairs - and - and - ??

That will help get the numbers up to the predicted 28.8 million tourists although going by tourist arrival trends I feel 28.8 million might be a bit under stated.

If one cannot deny the facts showing record number of tourist arrivals the next logical step is to denounce the quality of tourists.

I for one hope this offers a strong boost to Thailand so the tourist sector can continue to prosper as it has done since rebounding in May last year.

And you probably think more Chinese will travel when their money is getting devalued also? Heheee

You seem to forget that most Asian currencies including THB already devalued against the greenback so with the recent devaluation of the Yuan it is on par with the Asian currencies and at the same exchange rate as a month ago!

baht have still to follow to get what it is worth !

The q af bar girls have not increased, so why we should pay more ??

I still wait for usual Thai promotion,

buy 1 get 1 free !! :-)))

I view these numbers with some skepticism... 1000000 Chinese per month. Many arrive on B737 or A320 style planes, so about 170 per plane. Some come on larger panes so lets say 300 per flight. That is 3333 planes per month or 111 planes a day. That's more than 8 per hour, just from China.... If the numbers of djjames graph are correct, the 2500000 per month would be 8333 planes per month or 277 per day. They all have to leave as well so that is 554 flights per day....mmmm

thai mathematics -

100000 or 1000000 is same same - at least similar a lot !

1 million because they are RICH!!! They have spent billions on Real Estate in America, and fly the world to see how the expats live.

People are so jealous they can fly to Thailand, and then LEAVE......while most expats here spend 49 baht on soup noodle and wait for change from their 50 baht bill...

yes, this means you!!!!

Wrong. The rich Chinese don't deign to visit Thailand. They go to America, Europe, New Zealand.

Thailand is a budget destination for not-so-rich (and usually low class) Chinese.

Hey, Seasnake, who spends 49 Baht on soup noodle,(did you mean noodle soup?) I get a great beef noodle soup in Chiang Mai for 40 Baht - you show-off chinaphile you..

blink.png What are you on about, and what are you on?

yes, this means you!!!!

Do you run a noodle stall which is patronised by a particularly mean expatriate?

" I want more." Oh, yes.

Yap...Chinese girls are hot.....very hot..

" I want more." Oh, yes.

Do you ever notice you always find a real looker travelling with an average looking girl. You do not have to do that Mirror mirror on the wall thingee.

By all accounts most of the Chinese that come to Thailand are on package deals, so the only people benefiting will be the airlines and the hotels. With the stock market in turmoil and the currency in freefall I would imagine that some the wealthy Chinese will be cutting back on their spending.coffee1.gif

The wealthier ones are transferring their money out of the country by the truckload buying American real estate anything that will hold its value in the future. I used to play Monopoly a lot when I was a kid. From what I can remember I would say the game is almost over for China. When you see the signs of desperation that are popping up well the schmidt is hitting the fan. The only thing that is saving them is their large dollar reserves which they in turn they are trying to turn into hard assets before the the global crisis comes. Between their gold and real estate holdings they are in a better position to weather it when the worthless currency clouds swirl around the planet. Well I guess I better buy a wheelbarrow it may take that much filled with useless paper to buy a loaf of bread.

yes, this means you!!!!

Wrong. The rich Chinese don't deign to visit Thailand. They go to America, Europe, New Zealand.

Thailand is a budget destination for not-so-rich (and usually low class) Chinese.

There's the rich, new rich(nouveau riche), middle class and then everyone else. The new rich number in the millions while the middle class is at 500M and growing fast. It's the latter group that primarily visit Thailand and other Asian countries. They are almost 2x population of entire US - think about that.

High volume, wafer-thin margin= no growth in real terms.. talk with people in the industry and they will tell you they are only just hanging on by the skin of their teeth.

Well, as regards Chiang Mai, they deserve a boot in the butt. Chaotic traffic ( even my Thai wife was cursing C M traffic when she came back from an essential visit yesterday ), shockingly poor pavements, rubbish road signs, dirty, hardly any pedestrian crossing lights on the moat road, no real concession to being a major tourist destination, rip off baht bus drivers ( not all though ).

I could rant on indefinitely about the drawbacks of C M, but you get the picture.

Obviously the businesses that depend on tourism need to wake up, pull finger and DO SOMETHING about it.

Okay, look at the photo in the OP, and look at the girl on the right. There seems to be a load of people on ThaiVisa who have got something against Chinese tourists.

Now then, after looking at the picture, who on earth in their right mind is going to be against the Chinese tourists ??

Get real, everybody is crying out for more Chinese tourists. Actually, there's more women that look like her in China itself. There'a a few Chinese airlines that can sell you a cheap ticket to China. And if you're lucky, you'ill see Chinese women looking just like her at the airport or on the flight to China. :)

Actually, an idea to boost tourism in Thailand. Target Thai Airways and subsidise the routes from China to Thailand. That will boost the number of Chinese tourists. And with more women like the one on the right turning up in Thailand, well yes, this will cause more men from other countries to visit Thailand. Get it on !!

Expect what you want. Now that the Chinese money has hit a new low does Thailand have to lower there baht even more? ! million Chinese tourist looks great but i hope you did not bet you job on it!