Indonesia navy nabs Thai-owned cargo ship loaded with slave-caught fish

webfact

Last time I was in Costco, the freezer was FULL of boxes of frozen seafood.... stamped on the side of the box: Product of Thailand.

And, I know that Sysco sells a boat load (no pun intended) of: Product of Thailand.
I think it's more than 20%.
The reason I say that, is because the rest of the worlds countries can fish the ocean bare and not care, it's all about profit... so south american, africa india, asia have little to no restrictions.

I agree with FangFerang...it's a dirty business... and you gotta feed the fat frakkers their Long John Silvers..

The reason I say that is because the greedy bastas fished the North Atlantic dry.

Edited by Nowisee

More loss of face, for the general!

Seriously. Give it a rest. This has been going on for decades and it will continue for decades after the General steps down.

The point is, he has gone on record touting progress.

No. The point is that some posters look to any excuse to have a go at the Junta. Weather sucks? Thank you General. World economy slides? It's the Junta. Epidemic in Africa? You guessed it- direct result of the Thai coup.

And it gets old and it gets tiresome.

And the guys who blame everything on Thaksin, or Yingluck or Obama are just as irritating.

Edit: Nice try at a save, though.

Edited by impulse

In Thai - nothing will happen, is sure someone high up is the owner of this company !!

he have his ships out, so not banned to leave the harbour without correct gear !!

Did they check the toilletbag of the captain ?

maybee a small shark could be forgotten inside !!

We do not need to create new laws, just apply the ones we have. The deficiency I s that Thailand itself is not responsible for the illegal actions of ships flying its colors. The alternative is to name and shame. A half-lame press will never do some investigative journalism and identify the owners of the shipping company. The slimy owners slither away.

We need Captain Jack!

More loss of face, for the general!

Seriously. Give it a rest. This has been going on for decades and it will continue for decades after the General steps down.

This is the here and now, not decades past.

Guessing what will happen in the future is difficult to defend, as it has neither substance nor measurable outcome.

Rest is a good time to reflect...seriously.

This ship and it's cargo should be sunk in deep water.

The American companies listed that buy the slave caught fish should all be boycotted by all Americans.

That's just a terrible waste.

The cargo and the ship should be sold for the best price possible to finance more patrols or to assist rescued slaves.

The first poster Willyumii talks like Putin bulldoze tons and tons of imported food when you have people starving sure makes sense. That was all a publicity stunt by an arrogant politician that does not give a damn. You should seize the cargo and give the food stuffs away to the poor and starving and elderly. Seize their assets of the middle men lock em up and hire more people to enforce the rules. Give em stiff jail sentences that is what deters this. There is so much turning a blind eye by officials at ALL levels that is why it is happening. Greed and corruption reign supreme. All the stores that buy this these products rant and rave but really turn a blind eye they just want cheap products on their shelves to sell end of story. Why would they care about the suffering of people half way around the world? They only rant to try and salvage their already tarnished reputations.