Are there any problems with opening the second part of the double-entry touristvisa in Cambodia?

Hello everybody! On the 15-th of September I need to open second part 2+1 of my double entry tourist visa. Its my third tourist visa. Someone recently opened the second part of the 2+1 a tourist visa for 6 months through Cambodia? Are there any problems? I heard from one man that on the border with Cambodia he was refused in opening of the second part 2+1 of the tourist visa, and he got only stamp for 30 days. Maybe someone else had encountered with the same problem? Are there other countries near Thailand where you can fly for example and open second part of the tourist visa without problems?

I have seen no reports of anybody having a problem at the Cambodian border using an entry from a valid tourist visa. Be sure you do it before the enter before date on your visa.

Perhaps the person that only got 30 days was trying to use an expired visa.

he got only stamp for 30 days

If he was given a 30 day visa exempt entry, the "use by" date printed on his tourist visa had probably passed.

For a two entry tourist visa, you would most likely have 3 months from the date it was issued by the embassy/consulate to make your second entry.

During your first 60 days plus 30 day extension, you have to keep an eye on the "must leave by" dates on the immigration stamps put in your passport and also on the expiry date of your visa if you intend to use it for the second entry.

When you get a double entry tourist visa you will see a "must enter before" date on the issued visa.

For a double entry you MUST use both entries before that date.

If you have not used your 2nd entry before that date passes you 2nd entry is voided.

Depending on the consulate or embassy where you get that visa you may be given a "must enter by" date that is either 180 days or 90 days from the days the visa is issued..

Thai consulates in Europe or the U/S. often have "must enter before" dates of 180 days after the visa is ISSUED but in Asia some consulates use dates 90 days after the visa is issued.

Either way it is important that you check that " must enter before" when you receive your visa because one day after that date your 2nd entry is voided if it has not been used already.

No matter what the "must enter before" date is it begins to countdown on issue by the consulate where you get it.

Your actual entry date to Thailand does not matter..... you must use BOTH entries on a double entry visa by before that "must enter before" date passes or any used entries are voided if not used before that "must use before" date.

A lot of people get caught by that.

I was told last time I went to Cambodia to activate my second entry of my tourist visa that they would not accept my passport next time due to the fact that it had gotten wet and thus a bit wrinkled. Although I have used it for the past two years in both Cambodia and Thailand in the same condition without and issues previously.

I was told last time I went to Cambodia to activate my second entry of my tourist visa that they would not accept my passport next time due to the fact that it had gotten wet and thus a bit wrinkled. Although I have used it for the past two years in both Cambodia and Thailand in the same condition without and issues previously.

Unless an annotation has been made on you passport that is just a verbal warning and if you passport is in fairly good conditions it can be used again.

@paz. Their was nothing put in my passport but I was made to write on a piece of paper that I would replace my passport prior to entering Cambodia again and my passport is still in fairly good condition. Do you think they would of made any notes in their computer in regards to this?

@paz. Their was nothing put in my passport but I was made to write on a piece of paper that I would replace my passport prior to entering Cambodia again and my passport is still in fairly good condition. Do you think they would of made any notes in their computer in regards to this?

Yes, they may have. If you have time to wast you could go to an immigration office ans see if you could get them to check in anything has been noted.

Thai Immigration can check if something is noted with Cambodia's immigration?

I understood that you were talking about Thailand. I don't know what Cambodia does but the times I went there officers when busier negotiation extra fees than checking anything on computers.

They sometimes do ridiculous things like this. Just stand your ground and argue (firmly but nicely, don't shout).

Absolutely. what saddens me is the Westerners that pop up in these threads saying "for god's sake, it's just 10 dollars".

Without realizing that 10 dollars extortion per person easily makes 1,000 a day, which I for one would be glad to make.

If need be ask to talk to their supervisor. Ask them to show you what rule there is that a slight wrinkling of the passport violates.

usually when they realize you are going to stand firm they give up and let you go.

Possibly it will not even arise. It is unlikely IMO that anything was entered into the computer.

This may also just have been an immigration officer unsure of himself. They are probably under orders to be sure passports look genuine and are legible and you got one of the less bright officers who did nto know if wrinkling counted or not.

AFAIK, in any country, as long as the passport if fully legible and there is nothing suggestive of counterfeit it does not matter how worn or wrinkled it may be.

• Like 1

They sometimes do ridiculous things like this. Just stand your ground and argue (firmly but nicely, don't shout).

Absolutely. what saddens me is the Westerners that pop up in these threads saying "for god's sake, it's just 10 dollars".

Without realizing that 10 dollars extortion per person easily makes 1,000 a day, which I for one would be glad to make.

I'm not concerned with how much they make but how much they try on with me in the future.If your wrong,ok,a bit of wheeler dealing needs to be done,but remember to bargain.If your right,stand your ground,right in front of the line,holding others up.They get embarressed before me,as i have no face to lose.