Bankruptcy Laws for Thai individuals

With their, oh so responsible attitude, I would think "nothing"

A really helpful posting considering you know absolutely nothing about their circumstances

OP maybe this would be better posted in the ask the lawyer section.

TV used to be the place to come for helpful advice.

Not any more it seems as it is full of ( Add your own expletive here ) !

With their, oh so responsible attitude, I would think "nothing"

A really helpful posting considering you know absolutely nothing about their circumstances

OP maybe this would be better posted in the ask the lawyer section.

TV used to be the place to come for helpful advice.

Not any more it seems as it is full of ( Add your own expletive here ) !

Thanks... Will try there ( mods... Can move this ? ) . As for the other op.... Zzz

First off....if Thailand does have bankruptcy laws (which they do)....he would have to hire an attorney to pursue in court. Suspect he doesn't have money to pay the attorney!wub.png

Secondly, I believe the creditors can file bankruptcy against the indebted borrower so that the court judgement allows them to go after whatever assets he has (real property, car etc}

Lastly if he did.....What's his life worth then? Remember this is Thailand and hiring someone to "Take care" of someone else is always available.

BUT as said before ...probably best to ask in the "ask the lawyer" section

Edited by beachproperty

First off....if Thailand does have bankruptcy laws (which they do)....he would have to hire an attorney to pursue in court. Suspect he doesn't have money to pay the attorney!wub.png

Secondly, I believe the creditors can file bankruptcy against the indebted borrower so that the court judgement allows them to go after whatever assets he has (real property, car etc}

Lastly if he did.....What's his life worth then? Remember this is Thailand and hiring someone to "Take care" of someone else is always available.

Thx

"Being taken care of", i doubt it would be worth the loss of face for a public listed bank. That would maybe the black market stuff. Legal bills, i can handle.

Thx - will explore, would be good to see them get back in their feet

Edited by skippybangkok

Thx

"Being taken care of", i doubt it would be worth the loss of face for a public listed bank. That would maybe the black market stuff. Legal bills, i can handle.

Thx - will explore, would be good to see them get back in their feet

I think you are being somewhat naive, if you don't think that the bank employee who was responsible for approving the loan to a "dead-beat" doesn't lose face with his Bank and boss....and what "he" might do in response. Obviously, he is already harassing your friend to get the money back.

Again ...I say....this is Thailand ....I don't think you can rule anything out. Probably the next step is for said bank employee to hire a few "off duty" policemen (who will get a percentage of what they can collect) to visit your friend to see if they can resolve this.

Edited by beachproperty

Thanks - helps a lot

@ beachproperty - thanks for you feedback. Yep, i believe such shit happens, but not for small amounts of dinero and public listed companies such as banks would not want the attention.

If it's such a small amount of money....and your willing to pay his legal fees for bankruptcy (as you indicated earlier)......Why not just pay off his loans to the Banks for him.....Problem solvedwhistling.gif

Just another thought....you can always offer them less than what is owed (50%) to wipe the debts clean. That's what one Thai I know did when visited by the off duty police. "Can't get blood from a turnip"blink.png

Edited by beachproperty