Does Kodi run with any Android box?

nivram4491

I haven't got one but:

Their web site (http://www.ais.co.th/playbox/en/faq.html) says:

* We apologize that you cannot download or install any applications from Play Store. However, you can search and download application directly via web browser.

and

* What should I do if I cannot install any (APK) applications or software?

Go to the Menu screen and visit the Setting page. Under the Advance tab, select the Personal Menu, then the Security Menu. Mark the Unknown Source tab with a check to enable the installation by-pass. Then try installing the application (APK) again.

So maybe you can side install Kodi.apk ?

What is the best site for Kodi add on ' s and Kodi news and installation help?

Thank you.

Google is your friend!

Also a gmail account will help as you will need it for some "kodi addons" and acess to the googleplay store

Sign up and get an account with in the kodi forums every thing you need will be there

• 7 months later...

I've managed to download Kodi onto the AIS playbox but I have no idea what to do next to search and add channels. I went to the tvaddons website above through the playbox browser but there is no download button to click. Another thread recommended "Fusion" which apparently can be seen under Settings then Add ZIP file, but it's not visible.

I've managed to download Kodi onto the AIS playbox but I have no idea what to do next to search and add channels. I went to the tvaddons website above through the playbox browser but there is no download button to click. Another thread recommended "Fusion" which apparently can be seen under Settings then Add ZIP file, but it's not visibl

Yes kodi 15.0 will run fine.

you can download it thru the google play store which is also already installed on your ais play box

OK that's confusing, since the OP says....

* We apologize that you cannot download or install any applications from Play Store.

A case of the first batch of boxes going out before they got the Google certification, hence without Play Store installed?

Then they've got it and the next batches go out with Play Store aboard.

I've seen this happening a lot on cheap no-name tablets.

spmc is a fork of kodi and available on play store, both kodi and spmc are version 16 or 16.1 now, if you go the spmc route, treat it in all ways for downloading, addon and repos as if it is kodi, you can have kodi and spmc running on the same machine. threads on here about addons, repos and builds

Thanks to Mooner for uploading that video, I have successfully downloaded downloaded Fusion on my AIS playbox. After configuring the Android version I can see Exodus and Phoenix....tried movies/shows with both but none open. "no sources" is the message, which isn't very promising.

Any idea why this is? Ideally I wanted an Add On to watch the UK iplayers and movies. My AIS box does not come with Google playstore either.

Thanks to Mooner for uploading that video, I have successfully downloaded downloaded Fusion on my AIS playbox. After configuring the Android version I can see Exodus and Phoenix....tried movies/shows with both but none open. "no sources" is the message, which isn't very promising.

Any idea why this is? Ideally I wanted an Add On to watch the UK iplayers and movies. My AIS box does not come with Google playstore either.

An easier option for you would be downloading Showbox for movies and tv and Mobdro for Sports, News and some other tv. Search on Google for downloads.

• 4 months later...
On 8/15/2015 at 10:16 AM, Digitalbanana said:

I haven't got one but:

Their web site (http://www.ais.co.th/playbox/en/faq.html) says:

* We apologize that you cannot download or install any applications from Play Store. However, you can search and download application directly via web browser.

and

* What should I do if I cannot install any (APK) applications or software?

Go to the Menu screen and visit the Setting page. Under the Advance tab, select the Personal Menu, then the Security Menu. Mark the Unknown Source tab with a check to enable the installation by-pass. Then try installing the application (APK) again.

So maybe you can side install Kodi.apk ?

appsapk.com

By the way....we have two playbox sets from AIS.  They worked ok, but we moved. AIS is claiming they would connect their AIS Fibre service when you move, so the contract is still enforceable for a year.  Bullkrap...as their service is unavailable at our new location.  Now they want a penalty for cancelling the contract and turning in the boxes.  4000 each contract !  (it was a promotion worth about 2000).  I was willing to pay a cancellation fee...but unwilling to pay 8000.  I still have the boxes and the contract was in the wife's family name, before we were married.  

My wife said that many complaints have been filed.  People can, and do move, before a service contract is up. Often it is an unexpected move (as was ours).  I had her call and say that we want the service..so they need to provide...or we keep the boxes until they get around to wiring our area. A subdivision 500 meters away had the service...so it was only that they did not want to extend the wiring...or were waiting for more residents near out place, to move in.

The boxes cannot be used with any other service.  But the Apps that I have installed still work.  Not really good for much.  Can connect a USB wireless keyboard. Not sure if the firmware installed disables the wifi and lan capabilities....or if the hardware itself (network card or similar) is wired to not accept other providers.

Bottom line.....AIS has alot of these boxes floating around...where people have once had the service, moved, and are stuck between a rock and a hard place.  They won't come by and pickup the boxes..just want the 8000 penalty....   

Disconnected other services with no problems...in the past.  The told us to hold on to the routers...until the contract was over.

Archived