Phuket checkpoint duty cop found dead in bed next to bag of pharmaceuticals

Lite Beer

Phuket checkpoint duty cop found dead in bed next to bag of pharmaceuticals
Darawan Naknakhon

1439622175_1.jpg

PHUKET: When Second Lieutenent Phaichat Thongphut reported for duty at the Ket Ho Police Checkpoint this morning in Kathu, he was shocked to find the body of the previous night's duty officer lying dead in bed.

At 8.45am this morning, 2,Lt. Somchai Sukkaew, 59, who had been assigned to graveyard duty the previous night, was lying motionless on the checkpoint's bed, wearing a white polo shirt and jeans, and was already stiff, 2,Lt. Phaichat reported, adding that there was no sign of any struggle.

Police found a loaded Glock 19 pistol on the deceased's person, while a tablet and 2,Lt. Somchai's phone were found near the body.

Police confirmed that the deceased had last used the Line application at 1.08am early this morning, and estimated that he had died no less than three hourse before his body was found.

Also near the body, police found a plastic pharmaceutical bag full of medication.

The deceased's wife, Ms Pattarawan Sukkaew, 63, who was also at the scene this morning, confirmed that her husband had suffered from high blood pressure and was recieving regular treatment at Vachira Phuket Hospital.

From their initial investigation, police do not suspect any foul play, but 2,Lt. Somchai's body is being examined at Vachira Hospital to establish the cause of death.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-checkpoint-duty-cop-found-dead-in-bed-next-to-bag-of-pharmaceuticals-53667.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-08-15

I can tell you that most of the medicine you get from Thai hospitals is copies from China and they wont work. High blood pressure is a killer. Whoever sells copied medicine should be imprisoned. For murder.

Most ridicoulous post of the day..........stop believing the barstool myths !!

I'm taking that medicine shown in the picture plus one other prescribed by my cardiologist at a government hospital. It's a real drug (not a fake) for mild hypertension - a old but proven ACE inhibitor. The quality of medical care is so much better here FOR ME vs. in the US where I was lucky to see a general practitioner but usually had to settle for a nurse practitioner or physician's assistant. And here they picked up through proper lab testing an underlying chronic condition that I have that was missed for at least several years in the US. I'm doing so much better thanks to the Thai medical system. Glad to pay them the going rate plus a sometimes 500 baht foreigner fee.

I'm taking that medicine shown in the picture plus one other prescribed by my cardiologist at a government hospital. It's a real drug (not a fake) for mild hypertension - a old but proven ACE inhibitor. The quality of medical care is so much better here FOR ME vs. in the US where I was lucky to see a general practitioner but usually had to settle for a nurse practitioner or physician's assistant. And here they picked up through proper lab testing an underlying chronic condition that I have that was missed for at least several years in the US. I'm doing so much better thanks to the Thai medical system. Glad to pay them the going rate plus a sometimes 500 baht foreigner fee.

Glad you're doing better hrjay. I too am taking this medication for high blood pressure, although it is the 20 mg dose as compared to the 5 mg packets shown, 1 tablet twice daily. However, I find the doctors and PA's in the US quite a bit more knowledgeable and thorough in their examinations and care. But the medication & examination cost here is so much less than back in the US.

As for the Phuket cop, may he RIP.

I wonder if that's the checkpoint in the middle of the road after coming over hill from Patong into Kathu. Regardless of where it is, the checkpoint has a bed??? Maybe I'm missing something but if someone is working why would they need a bed? I wonder if it has air con and/or cable/satellite TV also. Come to think of it at the building my friend lived in in Bangkok the security guard booth had a cot too.

I can tell you that most of the medicine you get from Thai hospitals is copies from China and they wont work. High blood pressure is a killer. Whoever sells copied medicine should be imprisoned. For murder.

Of course you can tell us that but you have no credibility, nor evidence of that claim so the rational amongst us will ignore you.