How do you cancel an extension of a non-ed visa (CM)

Good people,

Right now, I'm here on an extension of a non-ed visa. But I'm changing visas next week and have been warned that I have to "cancel my non-ed visa" - or perhaps it's the extension of stay. I have a letter from my school requesting the cancellation in my possession.

Does anybody know anything about this? Specifically, how do you do it in Chiang Mai (e.g. by mail, show up at immi at 6 in the morning for a queue number, what?) and what might happen if I just don't bother?

Thanks,

Cocopops.

You will be changing reason for extension of stay, not visa.

First of all, it is not said that Immigration will let you do that, because your current extension is based on study, which is targeted restricted.

If they don't let you get the new extension can at most receive a 7 days extension, and leave country fro a new visa.

The letter from the school should specify the last day on which you finish studying. Any day after that you will be technically on overstay and fined accordingly.

How are you changing your visa. The only way you can do that is by leaving the country and applying for a new visa. In that case you can just leave the country.

You can change the reason for your extension of stay at immigration on the date you cancel your current one.