Converted from Retirement to Marriage

I recently changed my non-O based on retirement to a marriage extension of stay, allowing me to stay up to the 2nd August 2016 (attached).

This was signed off on the 3rd August 2015.

I was using a multiple re-entry permit that was issued at Suvarnabhumi on the 4th October and which expired on the 4th August this year. My last entry to the Kingdom under this permit was on the 1st June this year.

My question now is: When do I now have to report my 90 day stay? Is it 90 days from my last entry or 90 days from the issuance of the new extension of stay?

Many thanks for your advice.

thumbsup.gif

post-232868-0-50359500-1439676450_thumb.

Your 90 day report is due 90 days from the date you entered the country. By my count your report is due on August 29th.

Doing an extension does not reset the 90 day count.

Many thanks ubonjoe. I suspected as much bit it is comforting to have someone with more experience confirm it.

K+++

wai.gif

Your 90 day report is due 90 days from the date you entered the country. By my count your report is due on August 29th.

Although sometimes it does, and has done for me, as you commented on my thread UbonJoe:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/847541-re-timing-of-90-day-reporting/

That in not relevant in this case. The OP already got his extension and they did not do a 90 day report for him when he got it.

Although sometimes it does, and has done for me, as you commented on my thread UbonJoe:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/847541-re-timing-of-90-day-reporting/

That in not relevant in this case. The OP already got his extension and they did not do a 90 day report for him when he got it.

Oh right, I stand (well sit) corrected UJ.

Cheers,

What advantages are there for an extension based on marriage, as opposed to one for being over 50 (retirement)..? I currently have the latter, but I believe for the former you require only half the funds (400k) in the bank, and you are also allowed to work, or run a business..? I just want to get an idea of the pro's and con's, before deciding on one or the other. Thanks.

What advantages are there for an extension based on marriage, as opposed to one for being over 50 (retirement)..? I currently have the latter, but I believe for the former you require only half the funds (400k) in the bank, and you are also allowed to work, or run a business..? I just want to get an idea of the pro's and con's, before deciding on one or the other. Thanks.

You have asked this question elsewhere. There is at least one reply.