Surprised by Chinese Girls...

Muzarella

Many postings here not talking well about Chinese people, that I cannot value because I never visited China or meet Chinese visitor here...but happens last week. I was closing my small pizza shop in Phayao when 4 young Chinese girls come to ask about dinner. They were good English speakers and, with jokes and smiles, makes us to open the doors to bake a pizza for them. They looked in the 20s but we found out that they were in the 30s, and we have a delightful chat with them for longer that we expected. Educated, funny, open minded, smart, and beautiful girls.

My wife, who never traveled to China, is now excited in do it soon, after getting friendly invitations from our guest.

Be careful where you post such information about delightful Chinese tourists.

Someone will be along soon to tell you it can't possibly be true.

I lived there for 10 years, and in spite of their ideosyncrasies (we all have 'em), I find them to be....quite human.

It's amazing how engaging people in conversation instead of just gawking at them from afar, they turn out to be decent folk.

I've never visited China, maybe next year though (my social security will be play money for traveling LOL but Ireland will be before China I think)... There are a lot of people in these forums that complain about everything, about Thailand, China, Thai people, Chinese people... I've had Chinese friends since college, make new friends all the time. I've always found Chinese people kind and intelligent.... The events people hear about are not the norm... Earlier this year I had two friends from China come to visit and it was great (except for the smoking).... Glad you had such a great experience, ....

• 2 weeks later...

Wake up..99% of Chinese people ( tourists ) are great..the 1% that aren't great are in the same elk as the 1 % of other ethnic groups that are crap.

In other words embrace Chinese, as they are no better or worse than other ethnic groups

thumbsup.gifclap2.gifthumbsup.gif

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I married a wonderful woman from Mainland China. Our marriage disintegrated because I couldn't live on the Mainland for the rest of my life. China's a great place to be a tourist and not so great to live. Not all Chinese people are rude and obnoxious but sadly, there are enough who behave like that that China is a deeply unpleasant place to be in the long-term. And English speaking Chinese are the exception not the rule.

I worked in China for a long time. From 1990 onwards; sometimes for 6 months at a time when our Company had contracts running with them. Other times I would only do 2 week in an out jobs. I was travelling mainly between Japan, Philippines and China during this time and got to met many good people from all three countries. I have some firm Chinese friends that visit me here in Chiang Mai every so many years. Like all races, we all have problems but mostly, my work years within the Chinese work force were pretty good. Had a few Chinese love interests but they led nowhere.

Fast forward to now. I have been in Thailand for 8 years and my partner has had a lot to do with the younger Chinese generation in Chiang Mai via her business. It is like chalk an cheese. Most the girls she has had dealings with have been bratty snobs, mostly from a middle class upbringing. The generation of people I hung around while I worked were so dis-similar to whom I have met now. Still, we also have had a lot of younger farang girls come in and in some ways, they have been similar. My older Chinese friends have mentioned the younger "faster" race of young Chinese have a bit of a chip on there shoulder. Maybe with the faster pace, maybe all races feel this. Who is to know but modern day pressure maybe to blame.

All up, like everyone, we have our own personal problems and it is not for me to judge what people do. I just treat people kindly and hope they do the same for me.

Amazing. I also have stories very similar..

I have met nice Germans after WWII.

One black guy said hi to me last year

A hispanic couple thanked me for something

A chinese person said thanks at the supermarket

Even a muslim thanked me for letting them go at the stop light

This world is beautiful!!!!

but i have yet to meet a good farang in Thailand.....that is impossible!!!

i can only hope the OP is in his teens....but i am sure i am terribly wrong...

Amazing. I also have stories very similar..

I have met nice Germans after WWII.

One black guy said hi to me last year

A hispanic couple thanked me for something

A chinese person said thanks at the supermarket

Even a muslim thanked me for letting them go at the stop light

This world is beautiful!!!!

but i have yet to meet a good farang in Thailand.....that is impossible!!!

i can only hope the OP is in his teens....but i am sure i am terribly wrong...

Has anyone ever tried to help you with your racist problem?

Perhaps if you regarded everyone that you come into contact with as a real and individual person, as opposed to race, religion or skin coloured category, you may find it easier to form relationships, friendships and have meaningful conversations.

Archived