Yingluck criticises draft charter

webfact

Yingluck criticises draft charter

17-8-2558-14-25-58-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Former prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra has criticised the draft constitution which is to be voted by the Constitution Drafting Committee on September 7, saying the constitution must be tied to the people and must serve the people.

Posting her comment on the draft charter on her Facebook today, Ms Yingluck voiced concern of the country’s democracy and acceptance under the draft charter that allows a committee on reform and reconciliation to have power over the Administrative and the Legislative to make decision even at crisis situation.

Yingluck’s criticism came a few days after her brother ex-premier Thaksin Shinawatra came out to voice strong opposition to the draft charter and call on his supporters to reject it.

She said democratic constitution must tie to the people and allow the people to make their own decisions, not from selected group to make decisions on their behalf.

She said if the constitution is tied to the people and serves the people, it is unnecessary to have such committee to make decision.

Democratic rule that wins worldwide acceptance must have people’s confidence and must return power to the people, she said.

To restore peace in the country, she said there must be fair rules in society.

She said the Thai society had learned from many past lessons that conflict in society derived from unfair rules that did not ensure equal justice for all.

She added that any attempt to delay the process of attaining democracy would do no good to the country, particularly the economy, but would instead cause more damages and more troubles to the country.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/yingluck-criticises-draft-charter

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-08-17

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And who is better qualified to criticise.........

She said the Thai society had learned from many past lessons that conflict in society derived from unfair rules that did not ensure equal justice for all.

"BANGKOK: -- Former prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra has criticised the draft constitution which is to be voted by the Constitution Drafting Committee on September 7, saying the constitution must be tied to the people and must serve the people."

The sheer barefaced cheek,coming from the woman whose Party organised a secret vote on the constitution in Parliament at 4-0 am,voting by invitation only!

"BANGKOK: -- Former prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra has criticised the draft constitution which is to be voted by the Constitution Drafting Committee on September 7, saying the constitution must be tied to the people and must serve the people."

The sheer barefaced cheek,coming from the woman whose Party organised a secret vote on the constitution in Parliament at 4-0 am,voting by invitation only!

You may not like the messenger but the message needs to be heeded...............

"She said the Thai society had learned from many past lessons that conflict in society derived from unfair rules that did not ensure equal justice for all"...

...whined the woman under whose administration the ruling party tried to push through in the deep of night a controversial amnesty law that would have benefited a comparatively small amount of wrongdoers, including one of her immediate family members.

And that was allegedly done following the concept that "...Democratic rule that wins worldwide acceptance must have people’s confidence and must return power to the people"? I doubt it.

She has so much more impact when she actually speaks, posting on Facebook doesn't allow people to hear her speaking very softly and see her crying. In Thailand it isn't what you say, it's how you say it. If I was her pr guy I would have her sitting on a tractor in the middle of a rice field, then a nice wai, some sobbing and a thank you 3 times. Unfortunately she knows as much about the charter as she knows about managing a rice fiasco.

"She said the Thai society had learned from many past lessons that conflict in society derived from unfair rules that did not ensure equal justice for all"...

...whined the woman under whose administration the ruling party tried to push through in the deep of night a controversial amnesty law that would have benefited a comparatively small amount of wrongdoers, including one of her immediate family members.

And that was allegedly done following the concept that "...Democratic rule that wins worldwide acceptance must have peoples confidence and must return power to the people"? I doubt it.

Who cares what she has or hasnt done. That is totally irrelevant.

My view is that I completely agree with what she said.

So how about some posters get their head out of the comics and actually say something about why they disagree.

Just saying she is hopeless does not get to the subject and makes you look stupid.

I am not a fan, but she is right. The government of the people, for the people by the people, etc.

She may be recalled for one more attitude adjustment.

yes but to ensure that you need strong checks and control and things like vote buying must not happen.

This constitution tries to ensure that. If successful or not will be seen. From the past records I would guess not....Thaksin will buy himself into power again.....people will demonstrate.....coup again and again and again

You may not like the messenger but the message needs to be heeded...............

He's not dismissing the messenger because he doesn't like her, it's her blatant hypocrisy he doesn't like.

"Her" government cheated parliamentary procedure, robbed the opposition of debating time and tried to vote bills through by lying about the timing so the opposition wouldn't be there to vote. Hardly bastions of democracy now, are they?

To be fair she might not have known. She never bothered turning up or debating in parliament herself; and how much anyone bothered to tell her what was going on is anyone's guess. She just did has her non elected criminal fugitive brother told her to do. What a great servant of the people she truly was.

I am not a fan, but she is right. The government of the people, for the people by the people, etc.

You are correct. And who better to state this to the world than someone who knows this yet failed to follow it during their admin.

Oh dear. What a time to crawl out of the woodwork. The way her govt handled a challenge was hardly exemplary and ended up costing more lives nèedlessly.

'Democracy' and 'the people' are just words these fools and their brainless lackeys just throw around. Pathetic

Good to see her back and in top form..a breath of fresh air..

She doesn't know what top form is, suppose the rice thinking was top form---and tablet----why the heck do you condone the women that led though her brother the downfall of a sworn in government

Your comments therefore are a wind up, considering what she is charged with and how she was barely in the country during her PM ship. Thai tanic sure.

Quote-" Breath of fresh air). cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Edited by ginjag

And that was allegedly done following the concept that "...Democratic rule that wins worldwide acceptance must have peoples confidence and must return power to the people"? I doubt it.

So how about some posters get their head out of the comics and actually say something about why they disagree.

Just saying she is hopeless does not get to the subject and makes you look stupid.

I agree the Autobahns in Germany were a fantastic idea, but I don't like Hitler.

I agree everyone should be equal, in a meritocracy and all treated fairly, but I don't like Stalin.

Some people do things or say things which are commendable but their opposite traits far out way the good. Extreme examples.

Maybe you should read a little about democracy, what's necessary to support it, and how fragile it is; susceptible to manipulation and exploitation without robust checks, balances, judicial systems etc.

She has been caught lying many times, avoided all debate and parliamentary discussions whenever possible, and made ludicrous statements on occasion. When delivering the odd speech or being interviewed on TV she came across very poorly to say the least. Even in Thai, so language isn't the only issue.

Someone's past performance tends to reflect on their credibility. Here, her brother comes out strongly against the charter, followed by the acting leader of the PTP party, which is the party her family own, followed by her ghost writer on FB, She is simply jumping on the bandwagon. Who next, number 1 cousin the former FM or Chalerm or Mister White Lies finance?

The Shins preaching about democracy and serving the people is hypocrisy. They were never interested in either when in office, nor obeying the law, nor following any rules but their own.

Take your own head out where the sun don't shine and open your mind in the fresh air.

None of which means I agree with the new charter. But the Thai people will vote on that. The Shins don't want any change that doesn't favor themselves or their agenda. Nothing to do with democracy or serving the people.

Good to see her back and in top form..a breath of fresh air..

Please explain to us why you feel like this? What did she do in her years in office to make you feel she a "breath of fresh air"?

A pretty, with some nice photo ops. Plenty of travelling. Flirting with Obama.

But hardly a parliamentary heavyweight, no debates, no question time, did as told, tried to keep well away from everything?

My wife and a considerable number of her friends voted for her, and though she would be that "breath of fresh air" Thai politics needed (they used that exact expression). Now they see her more as one of Thaksin's stale farts.

Seriously, why do you still feel she's a high performing breath of fresh air?

Seriously, why do you still feel she's a high performing breath of fresh air?

Because she won the last democratic election in Thailand by a landslide majority. If there was a fair and democratic election in which the army chose to keep polling stations open today she would win another landslide. She is the choice of the people of Thailand,

uh, that would have been the 3rd reading of the amnesty bill, not changes to the constitution, and everyone was invited, the opposition walked out of the vote... voluntarily...

................"must be tied to the people and must serve the people."....................

After the fiasco which brought her government down, she has no right to comment on anything to do with serving the people.

Then again, she was probably told what to say.

Let's be honest with ourselves, neither the present nor the previous governments really had/have the people in mind when big decisions like Constitutions are made.

If so, neither side would need amnesties, if everything they did was good and right.

uh, that would have been the 3rd reading of the amnesty bill, not changes to the constitution, and everyone was invited, the opposition walked out of the vote... voluntarily...

I am not a Shin apologist, but....................................clap2.gif

Rewriting history again!

The vote had been postponed until the next morning. Most people presumed that would mean the next days session. Not hanging around nearly 5 hours until almost all the opposition had left and then calling the vote with 30 minutes notice!

Some posts / tv members may appear stupid to those who disagree with them but Yingluck has proven to be certifiable stupid time and time again. Its in the genes of the family, although they are pertty good crooks, thus not 100% stupid

TVF posters insist on attacking the person and ignoring what they said. That is a fallacy called an ad hominem argument.

Congratulations on being meat puppets posing as junta cheerleaders.

The meat puppets are those that throw support either way without adequate information.. Has any one actually read the proposed charter themselves?

If not then it's just like a kindergarten fight, I said you said I said!

I concur , how can you have an Elected Government being screwed by an un-elected bunch introducing their own laws that could very well be hell bent on undermining the siting elected Administration ,Former Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra is quiet correct in her concerns, think about it.fella's

At 4-0 am the only party invited was Yinglucks Party,everyone was not invited,the opposition could not have walked out because they were not there. Next you will be telling me that Parliamentary voting is quite normal at 4-0 am!