Yingluck criticises draft charter

webfact

Well the junta junkies on the forum are too embarrassed by the joke draft charter to say anything other than to attack YL. Thailand deserves better than the rubbish being served up on this draft and the people will not accept it ...regardless of what Thaksin or YL say or do not Y

You talk utter commonsense, but i doubt the junta junkies will understand, apart from trashing the last popularly elected Thai PM they cannot see or think further than their noses. rolleyes.gif

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good to see her back and in top form..a breath of fresh air..

She doesn't know what top form is, suppose the rice thinking was top form---and tablet----why the heck do you condone the women that led though her brother the downfall of a sworn in government

Your comments therefore are a wind up, considering what she is charged with and how she was barely in the country during her PM ship. Thai tanic sure.

Quote-" Breath of fresh air). cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

She was the last popularly elected Prime Minister in Thailand. For her to say nothing, would be a travesty. You are entitled to your opinion and so is she, or is there something we do not understand ?

She was the last elected PM of Thailand. She was the last PM of Thailand to be removed by a court.

She said she was the defender of democracy and vowed to defend it till the end. But she also vowed to pay the farmers next week but lied, one of many lies.

Her credibility, based on previous performance, is not very high to say the least.

She may well be right, but I doubt she said, wrote or even thought those words. The PR team and big brother did, as always,

You dont seem to understand or even know that she could not pay the farmers because the banks were manipulated by the opposition and military, not to let her have the money, as soon as she was 'rolled' the banks were able once again to provide the money needed. Get it now ?

She will go down in history as a true, gentle and elegant fighter for the Thai poor and repressed

Yeah right. Maybe in your version.

Or might be she'll go down as a pretty puppet proxy for her criminal fugitive brother who was removed by a court of law for abusing her power, and - we'll have to wait for the court cases to be resolved to finish that.

The most inexperienced PM who attended parliament and committees the least but set new records for air miles whilst in office.

Simple really BB., you see there are many here who have not yet been brainwashed into your version and can still freely think for themselves. Tough luck on you, but that's life

She doesn't know what top form is, suppose the rice thinking was top form---and tablet----why the heck do you condone the women that led though her brother the downfall of a sworn in government

Your comments therefore are a wind up, considering what she is charged with and how she was barely in the country during her PM ship. Thai tanic sure.

Quote-" Breath of fresh air). cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Obviously pressed a big red button there "Prbkk".

She is looking good though!

;)

Please explain to us why you feel like this? What did she do in her years in office to make you feel she a "breath of fresh air"?

A pretty, with some nice photo ops. Plenty of travelling. Flirting with Obama.

But hardly a parliamentary heavyweight, no debates, no question time, did as told, tried to keep well away from everything?

My wife and a considerable number of her friends voted for her, and though she would be that "breath of fresh air" Thai politics needed (they used that exact expression). Now they see her more as one of Thaksin's stale farts.

Seriously, why do you still feel she's a high performing breath of fresh air?

My My , you anti Shins certainly are a paranoid , terrified lot are'nt you. What will you all do when Khun Thaksin comes back clap2.gifclap2.gif

Stay very quiet I should imagine.

Yes, she is probably the most genuinely honest one amongst the lot of Thai politicians and Khun Suthep is at the other end of the spectrum, with Abishit dithering somewhere in the middle.

I think Abhisit should be moved over close to the current administration. He is responsible for the current situation in a large way.

Yes, she is probably the most genuinely honest one amongst the lot of Thai politicians and Khun Suthep is at the other end of the spectrum, with Abishit dithering somewhere in the middle.

Yingluck - honest and genuine? How many times was the amply rich billionaire Yingluck caught out lying? Form the amusing "my helicopter can't fly at night through to the not so funny vowing to pay the farmers next week lie. A plethora of lies and acting throughout her time in office, and you think she's honest and genuine.

She's about as genuine as a Patpong Rolex, and less reliable.

Please explain to us why you feel like this? What did she do in her years in office to make you feel she a "breath of fresh air"?

But hardly a parliamentary heavyweight, no debates, no question time, did as told, tried to keep well away from everything?

My wife and a considerable number of her friends voted for her, and though she would be that "breath of fresh air" Thai politics needed (they used that exact expression). Now they see her more as one of Thaksin's stale farts.

My My , you anti Shins certainly are a paranoid , terrified lot are'nt you. What will you all do when Khun Thaksin comes back clap2.gifclap2.gif

Either pay my respects to the dead, as that's most likely how he'll return. Or offer my services to the government - I can tie a hangman's knot and work drops out. thumbsup.gifclap2.gif

I think Abhisit should be moved over close to the current administration. He is responsible for the current situation in a large way.

Why?

Well the junta junkies on the forum are too embarrassed by the joke draft charter to say anything other than to attack YL. Thailand deserves better than the rubbish being served up on this draft and the people will not accept it ...regardless of what Thaksin or YL say or do not Y

You talk utter commonsense, but i doubt the junta junkies will understand, apart from trashing the last popularly elected Thai PM they cannot see or think further than their noses. rolleyes.gif

Popularly elected!!

She was elected by MP's from the government.

Her name was number one on party list BUT it Doesn't mean that is automatically the PM.

MAYBE the PM should be elected by the people. What do you think?

"She said the Thai society had learned from many past lessons that conflict in society derived from unfair rules that did not ensure equal justice for all"...

...whined the woman under whose administration the ruling party tried to push through in the deep of night a controversial amnesty law that would have benefited a comparatively small amount of wrongdoers, including one of her immediate family members.

And that was allegedly done following the concept that "...Democratic rule that wins worldwide acceptance must have peoples confidence and must return power to the people"? I doubt it.

Who cares what she has or hasnt done. That is totally irrelevant.

My view is that I completely agree with what she said.

So how about some posters get their head out of the comics and actually say something about why they disagree.

Just saying she is hopeless does not get to the subject and makes you look stupid.

I agree the Autobahns in Germany were a fantastic idea, but I don't like Hitler.

I agree everyone should be equal, in a meritocracy and all treated fairly, but I don't like Stalin.

Some people do things or say things which are commendable but their opposite traits far out way the good. Extreme examples.

Maybe you should read a little about democracy, what's necessary to support it, and how fragile it is; susceptible to manipulation and exploitation without robust checks, balances, judicial systems etc.

She has been caught lying many times, avoided all debate and parliamentary discussions whenever possible, and made ludicrous statements on occasion. When delivering the odd speech or being interviewed on TV she came across very poorly to say the least. Even in Thai, so language isn't the only issue.

Someone's past performance tends to reflect on their credibility. Here, her brother comes out strongly against the charter, followed by the acting leader of the PTP party, which is the party her family own, followed by her ghost writer on FB, She is simply jumping on the bandwagon. Who next, number 1 cousin the former FM or Chalerm or Mister White Lies finance?

The Shins preaching about democracy and serving the people is hypocrisy. They were never interested in either when in office, nor obeying the law, nor following any rules but their own.

Take your own head out where the sun don't shine and open your mind in the fresh air.

None of which means I agree with the new charter. But the Thai people will vote on that. The Shins don't want any change that doesn't favor themselves or their agenda. Nothing to do with democracy or serving the people.

And are the Dems any different, get real TIT.

But, But, the Dems............. this post is about Yingluck.

The Dems - different but same same. Understandable why so many don't want to vote for them either.

But unlike Yingluck they do turn up for parliament and committees.

She was the number 1 party list choice of the political party her brother owns. She was, as I said, perceived by many Thais I know, even by my wife as "breath of fresh air". Now those same people see her more as one of Thaksin's stale farts. And none would ever vote for her or any party she was connected with again. They feel badly let down by the Shins and their stooges. All those people attended the anti-Amnesty fiasco protests.

None of them take any comments associated with her, professing to be her comments seriously. They think they are simply churned out by the PR team and posted on her FB account for her.

She was away on trips at every opportunity, pontificated like a president rather than a PM, never bothered attending parliament, never bothered attending meetings she was supposed to chair, appointed herself Defense Minister, and was caught out lying on many occasions. She was removed from office by a court after dissolving parliament, despite vowing she'd never do that, another lie, and is facing court charges.

PTP did not receive "a landslide majority" of the votes. Less than 50% of votes cast were for them. They received the largest minority, which translated into a large majority of MP's seats as that's how the Thai system works. Even with that large majority in the house, and securing "coalition" partners to increase it further they had to resort to cheating, ignoring correct protocol and illegal activities.

So which parts of her performance do you consider stellar and verifying "her breath of fresh air status"?

I just hate it when posters love to use 'My wife' to press a point. Bearing in mind that so many 'My wives' were born and raised in ISAAN and educated in the bars of Bangkok and other resort towns . Note i did not say all wives.

You seem to love judging others by your standards, and demonstrate you bigotry and sexist attitudes through narrow minded slurs and innuendo.

No doubt you think your education and social standing is far above the lowly bar girls you seem so familiar with. Rich hansum farang eh?

Surprising to you that many expats aren't ex and current sex tourists, they didn't marry a whore, and actually have wives who can discuss Thai politics with a greater understanding than some dodgy old expat whose main expertise appears to be bars and whores.

Still someone who states Yingluck is honest and genuine clearly demonstrates his grasp of reality.

She will go down in history as a true, gentle and elegant fighter for the Thai poor and repressed

Yeah right. Maybe in your version.

Or might be she'll go down as a pretty puppet proxy for her criminal fugitive brother who was removed by a court of law for abusing her power, and - we'll have to wait for the court cases to be resolved to finish that.

The most inexperienced PM who attended parliament and committees the least but set new records for air miles whilst in office.

Simple really BB., you see there are many here who have not yet been brainwashed into your version and can still freely think for themselves. Tough luck on you, but that's life

You think Yingluck is honest and genuine, and post so.

And you think you have a grip on reality ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, really, you really believe that too! You really think the Shins are the champions of democracy and the poor cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif You're so funny clap2.gif

Edited by Baerboxer

"BANGKOK: -- Elected prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra has criticised the draft constitution which is to be voted by the Constitution Drafting Committee on September 7, saying the constitution must be tied to the people and must serve the people."

The sheer barefaced cheek,coming from the woman whose Party organised a secret vote on the constitution in Parliament at 4-0 am,voting by invitation only!

"conflict in society derived from unfair rules that did not ensure equal justice for all"

I wonder if yingluck (we only arrest terrorists that do not support us) shinawatra said this with a straight face.

Would that turn you on?

I am not a fan, but she is right. The government of the people, for the people by the people, etc.

She may be recalled for one more attitude adjustment.

yes but to ensure that you need strong checks and control and things like vote buying must not happen.

This constitution tries to ensure that. If successful or not will be seen. From the past records I would guess not....Thaksin will buy himself into power again.....people will demonstrate.....coup again and again and again

"and things like vote buying must not happen."

And ensure that grabbing power is possible at all time.

I would prefer vote buying over grabbing power , because you are still free to vote and for who you want , but with coups (power grabs) not...

Popularly elected!!

Her name was number one on party list BUT it Doesn't mean that is automatically the PM.

Oh dear - that old chestnut again. Once more then...

Just about every sentient being who voted for Pheu-Thai in the election did so in the full knowledge that Yingluck was the party candidate for PM, and indeed that she was Thaksin's choice. The party won a clear victory ( we won't call it a landslide because that annoys).

Therefore Yingluck became PM, she was elected under the rules which then pertained, which is rather more than can be said about the current incumbent is it not?

Popularly elected!!

Just about every sentient being who voted for Pheu-Thai in the election did so in the full knowledge that Yingluck was the party candidate for PM, and indeed that she was Thaksin's choice. The party won a clear victory ( we won't call it a landslide because that annoys).

Therefore Yingluck became PM, she was elected under the rules which then pertained, which is rather more than can be said about the current incumbent is it not?

So she was voted in under the rules that also voted in Abhisit.. But the Red shirts said he was undemocratic.... Strange No?

Popularly elected!!

So she was voted in under the rules that also voted in Abhisit.. But the Red shirts said he was undemocratic.... Strange No?

The circumstances were somewhat different. Put simply she was endorsed by the electorate, he was rejected by the electorate.

Stay very quiet I should imagine.

Yep - should he ever get back in power vindictive retribution will be the order of the day. Maybe he'll declare a "War of Posters who said things he doesn't like" and unleash the terminators again.

Well perhaps, although I suspect that, like the present bunch he regards our witterings as irrelevant, and doesn't care.

No I was thinking that the "The Thaksin is the root of all evil brigade" will be quiet having been proved wrong if (when) the Thai people return his faction to power again.

"BANGKOK: -- Elected prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra has criticised the draft constitution which is to be voted by the Constitution Drafting Committee on September 7, saying the constitution must be tied to the people and must serve the people."

The sheer barefaced cheek,coming from the woman whose Party organised a secret vote on the constitution in Parliament at 4-0 am,voting by invitation only!

@ Hugh 2121 Didn't you know it's against Thai Visa rules to alter a members Post?????

Yingluck - honest and genuine? How many times was the amply rich billionaire Yingluck caught out lying? Form the amusing "my helicopter can't fly at night through to the not so funny vowing to pay the farmers next week lie. A plethora of lies and acting throughout her time in office, and you think she's honest and genuine.

She's about as genuine as a Patpong Rolex, and less reliable.

And yet you fear her so much you incessantly post about how bad you think she is. Unfortunately for you the electorate dont share your view.

Popularly elected!!

re; landslide,

http://in.reuters.com/article/2011/07/03/idINIndia-58056720110703

http://thediplomat.com/2011/07/thailand-poll-yingluck-in-landslide/

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2011/jul/03/thai-exit-polls-redshirt-landslide

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/world/2011-07/03/content_12825429.htm

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/thailand/8614653/Red-shirt-party-wins-Thai-election-by-a-landslide.html

https://fr.news.yahoo.com/thaksin-party-wins-landslide-thai-election-victory-193908245.html

http://www.geo.tv/7-3-2011/83260.htm

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/04/world/asia/04thailand.html?_r=0

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/479839-thaksin-allies-in-thai-election-landslide-exit-polls/

Hope all those links are permitted here whistling.gif

for sure there are a dozen more....

Her credibility, based on previous performance, is not very high to say the least.

She may well be right, but I doubt she said, wrote or even thought those words. The PR team and big brother did, as always,

You dont seem to understand or even know that she could not pay the farmers because the banks were manipulated by the opposition and military, not to let her have the money, as soon as she was 'rolled' the banks were able once again to provide the money needed. Get it now ?

You seem to forget that Ms. Yingluck was warned by the BAAC that additional funds were required. Too busy with her brother's and her own amnesty things got left for later and then she dissolved the House. The caretaker cabinet decided getting 130 billion Baht extra would be a good idea, but they were unable by law to accept obligations which a new government would need to honour.

Get it now?

re; landslide,

http://in.reuters.com/article/2011/07/03/idINIndia-58056720110703

http://thediplomat.com/2011/07/thailand-poll-yingluck-in-landslide/

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2011/jul/03/thai-exit-polls-redshirt-landslide

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/world/2011-07/03/content_12825429.htm

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/thailand/8614653/Red-shirt-party-wins-Thai-election-by-a-landslide.html

https://fr.news.yahoo.com/thaksin-party-wins-landslide-thai-election-victory-193908245.html

http://www.geo.tv/7-3-2011/83260.htm

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/04/world/asia/04thailand.html?_r=0

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/479839-thaksin-allies-in-thai-election-landslide-exit-polls/

Hope all those links are permitted here whistling.gif

for sure there are a dozen more....

"I'm not a Shin apologist, but....................." clap2.gif