Bad News Today Lads

redrus

Awful news in our home or adopted home, here's hoping all our football boys in and around are unaffected.

Is everyone accounted for.?

I've checked with all my own pals and all are ok, just thought I'd reach out to the TV Football Family.

Love and Metta to all affected. [emoji120]

The only time I am in that area is when I go for a pint occasionally in the FCC.

I think the majority who post on here are outside Thailand but hope all are OK, terrible thing, what goes on with these people what do they hope to achieve?

My Lass was due to go for dinner with friends in Suk Soi 8 last night.....first I knew of it was when she sent a mail saying she was home with a link to the news.

Let's hope this is an isolated incident and such a sad waste of lives.

RIP.

My Lass was due to go for dinner with friends in Suk Soi 8 last night.....first I knew of it was when she sent a mail saying she was home with a link to the news.

Let's hope this is an isolated incident and such a sad waste of lives.

RIP.

They've been ever so quick to draw conclusions that it has nothing to do with the insurgency in the south. Bad for tourism. I really don't understand how the fact that it was a pipe bomb means it wasn't an insurgent and is politically motivated.

Anyways, another dreadful waste of innocent lives, whoever the perpetrators.

Edited by carmine

Shocking. The frustration is that we all know, whatever our own individual political or religious persuasion, we are very unlikely to find out the real truth behind anything like this in Thailand.

Shocking. The frustration is that we all know, whatever our own individual political or religious persuasion, we are very unlikely to find out the real truth behind anything like this in Thailand.

Personally I've narrowed it down to two particular groups of brainwashed fekin idiots.

My mates Mam is reporting loads of police action and ambulance noise tonight too, fingers crossed it's not connected and all is as peaceful as can be. [emoji120]

redrus

Anymore news on Saphan Taksin Chic mate.?

redrus

Well they are saying that it was a pipe bomb same as the first, it landed in the water and didn't detonate properly, and they are linking the two incidents. No casualties thankfully.

In a proper grown up country having intact parts of the device would go a long way to pointing out who made it, but with that lot I'm guessing they're still looking for an Isaan Arab in a red shirt.

Terrible for a country which has had so much grief in recent years,another set back indeed.

Hopefully all our football forum friends are in good shape and can focus on this weekends predictions.

Sincere condolences to all those affected by this terrible incident.

Anymore news on Saphan Taksin Chic mate.?

redrus

Well they are saying that it was a pipe bomb same as the first, it landed in the water and didn't detonate properly, and they are linking the two incidents. No casualties thankfully.

In a proper grown up country having intact parts of the device would go a long way to pointing out who made it, but with that lot I'm guessing they're still looking for an Isaan Arab in a red shirt.

Or not really looking at all, cos they did it themselves.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist by nature. Most conspiracy theories are fatally flawed cos you know damn well they could not be covered up for ever. I never believed the CIA bombed the World Trade Centre or that some dark council runs the world. With Thai politics though, the place is stupid enough and changes quickly enough for anything stupid to happen.

So, just another possibility, the truth of which we will never know.

I called by Amazon at a PTT yesterday. Some cute girls behind the counter smiled a lot at me. On exit a good looking woman (30's) looked me straight in the eye and smiled extremely flirtatiously. Went down one of the daily local markets and lots of mid teens schoolgirls giggled and smiled and whispered at each other. I am no Carry Grant. There's no way I would do anything about that sort of stuff, but it makes life worth living here. There are things I love about this country that will keep me here til I drop, but I do worry about whether it's the right place to raise kids sometimes.

but I do worry about whether it's the right place to raise kids sometimes.

Loved my time living in Bangkok(5 years). But could never see myself living there again. I would not like to bring my son up there. If i did have to live in Thailand again. I think i would choose Chiang Mai. I still wouldn't want to bring kids up in Thailand.

Loved my time living in Bangkok(5 years). But could never see myself living there again. I would not like to bring my son up there. If i did have to live in Thailand again. I think i would choose Chiang Mai. I still wouldn't want to bring kids up in Thailand.

This is an issue I myself am currently addressing,but I don't really want to live in England again,we shall see.

Edited by stoneyboy

This is an issue I myself am currently addressing,but I don't really want to live in England again,we shall see.

i just spent two months back in england and while there's still a lot i love there i couldn't really see me living there full-time again.

not going rampaging off into the amateur detective nonsense that you get from the loons in the thai news forum on this site but it is pretty surprising to me that no group has claimed responsibility for the bangkok bombing yet. the sick gets are usually ever so proud of themselves.

I'm lucky that i have options. Thailand, UK, Oz or even NZ. Love London. But enough for me to want to live there again. Another city i wouldn't want to bring up kids. Scotland? Forget it.

rip all,wai2.gif Gf walked past the shrine at 6 that night.crazy.gif As for the culprits i agree with others we're never really gonna know the 'truth' as to whose advantage would that be ? And for the violence, I'm thinking IRA ,ANC , sometimes negotiations stalls or ignored it takes a gun,. not saying i agree with violence or terrorism but,,,ultimately its down to governments to stop f--ckin around with and sort the shit out