Koh Tao murder trial reconvenes in Koh Samui

webfact

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is using a roti seller really the best the Thai courts could do? Was that done to humiliate the defendants? Was it intentional that they used men with no former experience as interpreters? Does the court deem the fairness of the trial to be such a low priority?

Because, like has been said before, the police never expected the B2 to have any defense team to call them on their practices so all they needed to show was that they used a Burmese translator to the trial. They never expected an international backing team for the defense to scrutinize their every step of the investigation and point out that he didn't speak Thai or even Burmese!! This is fundamentally why the case the prosecution has been left with has looked so shambolic during their time in court.

Now imagine how many thousands of cases have gone ahead in Thailand without an all star defense team over the last few decades where the police have acted with complete impunity and made up and won cases against whoever they wanted to.

it would not suprise me if there never was an interpreter.

This roti guy has probably just been pulled in and hired when police needed a face to back up the story.

Exactly. The roti guy was expected to say, you are guilty because we want you to be guilty. We cannot arrest the real perpetrator. So you are the guilty party. That is all he needed to say.

Because they need the work and they do jobs that are "beneath" Thais..... Why? Does the presence of Burmese in Thailand bother you, Tony? Why might that be....

Could you maybe share with is why you're prejudiced against Burmese folks? You're basically saying it's more likely the B2 commited the crime strictly because they're Burmese. Sounds Thai to me.

Now, why do you think there is so much controversie surrounding this case.... Could it be the "Mafia"

Element, maybe the fact that DoDo (lol) and Mon were the very first suspects until police got wind of what was happening and switched the commander mid investigation while the whole world was watching?

Panya Mamen would NOT accuse them on zero evidence, From that very point on its been quite obvious the case and investigation are a complete cock up.

You are sticking up for just 2 Burmese people or 4 if you include the parents, I am sticking up for all the 4000 Burmese on Koh Tao by saying that they would want to leave the island if NS did it.

If everyone wanted the case covered up why send Panya down to find the Truth ? why not just send another corrupt policemen and say go find me some Burmese scapegoats ?

Jobs that are beneath thais ? its obvious you don't think much of Thai People. what do you think all Thai people are doing working high well paid jobs ?

It is not necessarily that the jobs are beneath many Thais. It is that the work is just too hard. Many Thais do not want to do very difficult and demanding construction work for only 300 baht per day. Same as in the US. Many Americans will not wash dishes or do gardening, or farming for minimum wage. Much the same here. My sense is that the Thai economy would come grinding to a halt without the Burmese workers. They should be treated very well. They are special. They work hard, do not complain and work for peanuts. They deserve special treatment, not condescension. Most are really lovely people.

Because they need the work and they do jobs that are "beneath" Thais..... Why? Does the presence of Burmese in Thailand bother you, Tony? Why might that be....

Could you maybe share with is why you're prejudiced against Burmese folks? You're basically saying it's more likely the B2 commited the crime strictly because they're Burmese. Sounds Thai to me.

Now, why do you think there is so much controversie surrounding this case.... Could it be the "Mafia"

Element, maybe the fact that DoDo (lol) and Mon were the very first suspects until police got wind of what was happening and switched the commander mid investigation while the whole world was watching?

Panya Mamen would NOT accuse them on zero evidence, From that very point on its been quite obvious the case and investigation are a complete cock up.

You are sticking up for just 2 Burmese people or 4 if you include the parents, I am sticking up for all the 4000 Burmese on Koh Tao by saying that they would want to leave the island if NS did it.

If everyone wanted the case covered up why send Panya down to find the Truth ? why not just send another corrupt policemen and say go find me some Burmese scapegoats ?

Jobs that are beneath thais ? its obvious you don't think much of Thai People. what do you think all Thai people are doing working high well paid jobs ?

I have Thai family members, actually I have a Thai child so no I dont look down on Thais.

You've demonstrated how clueless you are on several points and it's obvious now you post to derail the thread. NS wouldn't aknowldge a Burmese much less rape one... So why would the Burmese flee Tao? They stay there because they can make more money there than back home, same as Mexicans where I'm from who work in the states and send back home. You're trying really hard to find an angle to keep the headmans people out of the discussion.... Not surprising. So, Tony why did the police accuse Mon and Nomsod?

Here's one for Loon. Maybe this is the DNA bomb supplied by the UK coroner's office to the defence team?

Quote from Search discover magazine:

A new DNA test can locate where your relatives lived over 1,000 years ago, and in some cases, even pinpoint the specific village or island your ancestors came from.

I wonder if British forensic scientists have identified that the DNA from Hannah does not match a Burmese native? Maybe the police quote that 'no Thai could have committed these crimes' will come back to haunt them.

The only evidence concerning the victims body would come from a coroner, They would not test for DNA there job is to find cause of death not the Killer.

The Uk police and government have refused to give any information regarding the case to the defense.

we will have to wait to see what the U.K. has provided to the defence. That's factual straight from the defence lawyer.

...and also this topic will be locked soon. Is so much hard to leave the trolls and the ones trying to derail the thread alone? Please!

The thing is these guys will keep going and going with their inaccuracies which means at times you have to engage them. I try to leave the obvious trolls on ignore but Tony, every time he types he looks sillier.

You're right though, best to ignore.

And as I said before (but seems to be deleted by the mods !)

You do not have to answer the trolls / shills.

If there is something from them that needs correction just create a new post,

do not refer to them or their post, just make your statement

See post # 542

do not reply! Avoid their posts being repeated again and again inside your replies

this way you do not feed them

don't get involved in a "conversation" with them

feel free to repeat this post from time to time if necessary

Edited by sweatalot

Well everyone back to the topic....

(I cant be joining the Tony show today)

Next hearing is Thursday I wonder if the defence will show their hand at all. As the most senior officer's are attending it would be a good time to ramp the pressure up. Also these breaks give them good time to regroup reconsider and prepare their questions

It appears to me that the defense strategy not to retest the DNA under the court's conditions makes sense- why retest unless you can use an independent source. there is no chain of custody on the DNA. Therefore it is tainted and should hopefully be ignored. The same with the confessions and reenactment- too much doubt as to possible mistreatment and beating of the B2. In addition, the 'translator' has no credibility. As an outsider looking in- the Prosecution case is collapsing piece by piece.

I still want to know what happened in the AC bar. To me- that is the central piece to establishing why the two young visitors might have been killed. Was there an altercation? Did someone try and flirt with Hannah and were they rejected? Right now, I cannot wrap my head around any motive the B2 may have had to kill the deceased. Without a motive, there is no reason to believe they did it. However, a larger motive may exist if someone can find out what happened in the AC bar. Has anyone gone to the bar, asked questions or even attempted to find a witness or witnesses? Normally, a defense team will have a private investigator retrace all the steps of the people in the case.Many questions-no answers yet.

Edited by Thaidream

It appears to me that the defense strategy not to retest the DNA under the court's conditions makes sense- why retest unless you can use an independent source. there is no chain of custody on the DNA. Therefore it is tainted and should hopefully be ignored. The same with the confessions and reenactment- too much doubt as to possible mistreatment and beating of the B2. In addition, the 'translator' has no credibility. As an outsider looking in- the Prosecution case is collapsing piece by piece.

I still want to know what happened in the AC bar. To me- that is the central piece to establishing why the two young visitors might have been killed. Was there an altercation? Did someone try and flirt with Hannah and were they rejected? Right now, I cannot wrap my head around any motive the B2 may have had to kill the deceased. Without a motive, there is no reason to believe they did it. However, a larger motive may exist if someone can find out what happened in the AC bar. Has anyone gone to the bar, asked questions or even attempted to find a witness or witnesses? Normally, a defense team will have a private investigator retrace all the steps of the people in the case.Many questions-no answers yet.

No answers will be forthcoming from the AC Bar as it is rumoured that the owners/managers are involved. The staff will not be saying anything for sure, if they know what's good for them.

The "truth" will only be known if a long term, in the know, resident on KT decides to speak out.

Thank you, I'll be back on Friday.

Yeah you slink off mate and pretend you have no interest in this thread now you are being called on your BS. I knew you wouldn't have an answer to my last reply to you.

It was here in case you are pretending to not have seen it and I asked you some very genuine and important questions pertaining to your posts: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/849310-koh-tao-murder-trial-reconvenes-in-koh-samui/?p=9770912

See, when you can't blame everything on gossip or CSI LA then you have no other leg to stand on.

I don't think Balo has any malice intended here, I think he has a connection to the Thai Police and somehow thinks he should be defending them - just a wild guess but if I am right (and don't take offence) you have absolutely no clue about professional policing and will never learn about it in soi 9 mate

Sorry to dissappoint you , the closest I have been to the police in Thailand is in Pattaya where my car was stopped for a control .

How difficult is it to just accept that some random guy on internet has a different opinion without starting up another theory of why I have another opinion ? If I met you in the pub I would still have the same opinion , just dont hit me in my face.

...and also this topic will be locked soon. Is so much hard to leave the trolls and the ones trying to derail the thread alone? Please!

The thing is these guys will keep going and going with their inaccuracies which means at times you have to engage them. I try to leave the obvious trolls on ignore but Tony, every time he types he looks sillier.

See post # 542

do not reply! Avoid their posts being repeated again and again inside your replies

Guys, just like the B2 appears to be set up by the RTP, be careful that some on this forum might also be setting you up to overstep the line and to get posting rights suspended or banned. While most of us are happily hitting the ignore button, some others are happily hitting the report button, if you know what I mean.

This may be the closest you can get at least for now:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/838898-koh-tao-trial-opens-for-2-accused-of-killing-british-tourists/page-185#entry9660041

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/838898-koh-tao-trial-opens-for-2-accused-of-killing-british-tourists/?view=findpost&p=9659889

See post # 542

Guys, just like the B2 appears to be set up by the RTP, be careful that some on this forum might also be setting you up to overstep the line and to get posting rights suspended or banned. While most of us are happily hitting the ignore button, some others are happily hitting the report button, if you know what I mean.

Don't forget the ladies, there's at least 2 I know of ilsandLover and Catsanddogs

You do understand that the defence are still proceeding with the DNA taken from the B2 in the court In front of witness's that they have a chain of custody for ???..

Regarding Hannah well I think theres a few things to consider.

She came from a small village in Norfolk Hemsby. She went to Small schools in a rural setting where your protected in a way from many things. Violence for example. She probably trusted people easily. She was training to be a speech therapist so she was a helper. A giver.. someone who wanted to do something for society. A generally decent human being.

she did have a boyfriend for some time I believe however they had broken up a few months before she went on her trip with 2 other Hannahs and Emma.

I believe she had met someone perhaps the night before maybe at the pub crawl? Remember they had only been there a couple of days and she had possibly arranged to meet them in the AC bar. I think she didnt want to be disturbed either as she left her mobile phone with her friend. Something you may only do if u wanted no distractions? ?

They met at the AC bar and over a period of time there was some friction between her and a Thai person?... David Intervened and they left. With a pack of angry people headed by one man. The man she had fallen oit with and possibly the person she went to meet, heading the pack.

They had nearly reached their rooms perhaps running along the way. The pack split and some attacked David whilst others restrained Hannah. Perhaps the main perpetrator raping her while his gang watched on. David having been knocked out they pulled some of his clothes of to arrange it like he was making out with Hannah. One his helpers who was nearby picked up the hoe and when he had finished the helper bashed Hannah brutally and killed her.

This crime scene contains massive violence and anger. Anger at rejection maybe?? Anger at David for protecting Hannah...

Whatever took place I think it was several people. Not 2... if u have seen Thai's fight you will know they go mob handed. If you have been in Thailand for a while u may have seen them kick off. I have many times having lived in villages as well as towns.

As for the B2 and a motive. ... welI don't think they had one.

The source of the motive comes from that bar. As sure as the sun will rise tomorrow I am sure it started in there and finshed in murder 300 metres along the beach.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/838898-koh-tao-trial-opens-for-2-accused-of-killing-british-tourists/page-185#entry9660041

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/838898-koh-tao-trial-opens-for-2-accused-of-killing-british-tourists/?view=findpost&p=9659889

Perhaps JL, but then that was just a random post by some dude with a history of 7 posts, so his word on what transpired is subject to the same speculation as everything else I guess.

I doubt we'll ever get any factual information about what really went on that night.

Perhaps JL, but then that was just a random post by some dude with a history of 7 posts, so his word on what transpired is subject to the same speculation as everything else I guess.

I doubt we'll ever get any factual information about what really went on that night.

He was in the AC bar the evening of September 14, 2014 which sets him apart from everyone else on here. Just because he had the sense good or otherwise to not answer everyone who questioned his report at the time doesn't mean his report was not factual.

He was in the AC bar the evening of September 14, 2014 which sets him apart from everyone else on here. Just because he had the sense good or otherwise to not answer everyone who questioned his report at the time doesn't mean his report was not factual.

Agreed, all I mean is that it is still only his word. It is just as open to speculation as anything else so far.

So you are saying that maybe he was really on a gambling junket to Macao that evening? He says he knows the kid on sight and did not see him that evening while he was there and did not notice any altercation while he was there.

So you are saying that maybe he was really on a gambling junket to Macao that evening? He says he knows the kid on sight and did not see him that evening while he was there and did not notice any altercation while he was there.

He also says "DoDo" would have come and said hello, Implying that he is at least an acquaintance of "DoDo"s..... So I'll take his post with a pinch of salt.

He also says "DoDo" would have come and said hello, Implying that he is at least an acquaintance of "DoDo"s..... So I'll take his post with a pinch of salt.

So where were you that evening? If he didn't know the kid on sight, how would he be able to say that during the time he was there, he didn't see the kid?

But I guess since a lot of persons on here, who weren't there, know the kid was there, why should they listen sans grain of salt to any one who says he was there and that, because he knows the kid well enough to say hello, would misrepresent that the kid wasn't there and maybe also misrepresent the fact that he was even there at all?

Edited by JLCrab

So where were you that evening? If he didn't know the kid on sight, how would he be able to say that during the time he was there, he didn't see the kid?

If I wanted I could create another profile on here, and claim I was in the AC bar that night and I didn't see Dodo either. How would you know the difference?

If I wanted I could create another profile on here, and claim I was in the AC bar that night and I didn't see Dodo either. How would you know the difference?

You maybe wouldn't except the guy posted about a visa issue in December 2014 long before. I just think that it's remarkable that, even though the guy claims that he did speak with the police, the first instinct on here even when he posted was to think that it must be some fabrication even though the guy never said that the kid was never there the night in question -- just that HE never saw him

But I guess since a lot of persons on here, who weren't there, know the kid was there, why should they listen sans grain of salt to any one who says he was there and that, because he knows the kid well enough to say hello, would misrepresent that the kid wasn't there and maybe also misrepresent the fact that he was even there at all?

Given that we are posting on an anonymous forum, it might be best advised to take anything anyone says with a grain of salt.

It's like my great-grandfather (you may have heard of him - Winston Churchill) used to say - Not everything you read on the internet is true.