Koh Tao murder trial reconvenes in Koh Samui

webfact

You are all forgetting as well the report in the newspaper. .. The Times... which is a respectable broadsheet. One that David Cameron reads, which suggests that they have seen evjdence to suggest Hannah Was Shot.

If this is true and I dont know if it is....... then the confessions are worthless. Because thats not what happened. It would rei forcd the suggestions that they had to repeat what they had been told over hours and hours of training. Still I did notice they had to still take prompts from the Polee on the beach. Along with Roti torturer and his sidekick.

Loono, with respect, I don't think you can assume we are all forgetting about this at all. It's been discussed on and off on the forum since last year, but there has been little in the way of media reporting until the Times coverage of the possibility of Hannah being shot. Personally I feel it is plausible, but what do I know?

I am also hoping the defence has seen the CCTV the RTP choose NOT to release for reasons unknown and unexplainable -

They are also trying to trace a mystery western woman seen on CCTV running along the main street in the early hours on the night of the murders.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/thailand-beach-murders-hannah-witheridge-4297320

This is from the Telegraph -

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/thailand/11725454/Thai-police-officer-describes-finding-bodies-of-British-backpackers-during-murder-trial.html

Just before the families arrived at the Koh Samui Provincial Court, lead defence lawyer Nakhon Chompuchat said: “We have received information from the British authorities that shows inconsistencies in the prosecution case. It is significant evidence.”

Mr Nakhon said he was unable to provide further details at this time. He did confirm that the evidence was not provided by any British police force or the Foreign and Commonwealth Office. It is believed the information comes from examinations of the bodies of the victims in the UK and is related to DNA found on Ms Witheridge’s body.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just came across this on the web from Oct 17th which I hadn't seen before, but when I scroll down there are just blanked out lines where the article should be?

The ex-boyfriend of a British backpacker killed in Thailand believes police have "pinned" the murder on two men, according to a friend....

http://www.independent.ie/world-news/asia-pacific/hannahs-exboyfriend-believes-thai-men-have-been-pinned-for-her-murder-30673162.html

I also keep reading that "all the info from the press is from the defense" here on TV, To which I say, why is that?

Why haven't the prosecution given any information on what has happened after the trials daily events? Where I'm from both parties in a case this significant would give a brief statement to the media, or decline to do so citing the ongoing trial.

My guess is, since day one they have had a foot in their mouth, Any press interview given would surely be a massacre.

I think the message has gone out to the prosecution team to keep their mouths shut. However, in the first few days of the trial, prosecution witnesses were answering reporters'questions. As an example,

Speaking to the BBC, Lieutenant Colonel Somsak, who led the original investigation, said some of the original DNA samples had been "used up".

A hair sample found in Miss Witheridge's hand was among samples that were lost, he said.

Lieutenant Colonel Somsak said all police could offer the court was documentation of the results.

Source: http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-33457038

I am in no way qualified enough to state whether I think Hannah was shot or not, but I'd imagine the relevant UK authorities are.

But if there was strong evidence to suggest there was a gunshot wound I'd be very surprised they did not intervene and stop the trial.

If what has been reported from the court is true it's obvious the b2 have not yet been shown to even know how these horrible murders happened. Unless they were blind drunk/high on drugs and simply can't remember which I find unlikely it leaves the RTP to explain why the 2 suspects don't know what happened.

It can't work both ways for the RTP either as in if they said they are lying over and over about how they committed the murders to explain it away they then must concede their is a possibility they lied when they confessed.

Ac bar stories or footage scare as I've previously mentioned, if there was any footage or sightings of the b2 in the bar I would bet a large amount we would have seen countless videos and witness testimony stating they were there, but instead we have silence in regards to any sightings or info on Hannah & David which is suspicious, almost as if everyone there has been told to remain tight lipped.

I feel there is still a few more twists and turns to come in these proceedings.

On a side note does anybody know if there was any belongings left on the beach or on David's person when the police processed everything ? I read that apparently the b2 went through the shorts pockets, wouldn't fit if there was any belongings on either David / Hannah when the police processed the scene.

I just came across this on the web from Oct 17th which I hadn't seen before, but when I scroll down there are just blanked out lines where the article should be?

The ex-boyfriend of a British backpacker killed in Thailand believes police have "pinned" the murder on two men, according to a friend....

http://www.independent.ie/world-news/asia-pacific/hannahs-exboyfriend-believes-thai-men-have-been-pinned-for-her-murder-30673162.html

Not sure why you are unable to read the article C&D....I can...posted it elsewhere for your reading. smile.png

The story is here in the Mirror - 17 Oct

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/thailand-beach-murders-killings-been-4456265

“I have spoken to her ex-boyfriend and he is absolutely distraught. It was Hannah’s birthday a couple of days ago and he was absolutely heartbroken.

“He is posting so many stories on Facebook about police corruption in Thailand and trying to expose it to people.

“He thinks it is a corrupt case and they have pinned the blame on these two men.”

She added: “There should be a new, independent investigation - but it may be too late. They have buried the bodies and it is going to be really hard to dig them up.

“And I think they would have planted the DNA by now.”

The article ends with -

Melissa-Jane Frost, who works in PR and was among those who organised the petition, called on David Cameron to intervene.

She said: “The Thai police have betrayed these two dead British tourists by conducting their investigation like this.

“The British government owes it to David and Hannah to make sure this investigation is conducted properly.”

(Edited to add paragraph to make clear last part was the words of Melissa-Jane Frost)

Edited by catsanddogs

I can read it just fine. It talks about an ex-boyfriend of Hannah's who thinks the RTP have pinned the murders on two innocent men. He has been posting on facebook about police corruption etc.

"He is posting so many stories on Facebook about police corruption in Thailand and trying to expose it to people.

"He thinks it is a corrupt case and they have pinned the blame on these two men."

The rest of the article talks about the petition that was delivered to David Cameron.

But concerns have been raised that the two men are innocent "scapegoats", and a petition signed by more than 100,000 people was handed into 10 Downing Street today demanding a new, independent investigation into the deaths.

EDIT: Sorry Catsanddogs, I see that you have been able to find another copy of the article so my post is superfluous.

Edited by IslandLover

If anyone looks through my posts they will see I lean towards the b2 being innocent and I believe the rtp to be utterly corrupt . My gut feeling tells me it's linked to the "family".

However, as I asked earlier about the alleged stolen objects I'd also hope the defence discuss the journey home that the b2 took after their time on the beach.

Do we suspect that cctv footage that would show them walking home prior to the murders and could clear them has been tampered with or could they have taken a route that wasn't covered?

Apologies if this has been discussed already.

Police testified in court that they rode a motorbike home, it is also a question I have raised several times, why the police have not presented cctv footage of them leaving, perhaps because it doesn't fit with thier case and exactly why all the cctv footage that police used to build their case should have been handed over to the defense so they could also use it

for example if cctv footage showed them leaving at 2:45am and the witness statements from the two French girls that heard the fighting on the beach at 3:30am then there would clearly be an issue

Police could not want such evidense exposed so they may hide it - that would be illegal in the west

when it comes down to it - it seems the police here seem to think they can claim what they want - say what they want - manipulate what they want and nobody should be challenging them - nobody should have a defense - have an argument - ask for proof - ask if they followed protocol - bring into question anything they say or do, it is primative and highly unprofessional how they operate, it's like looking at the west 300 years ago.

Fixing it would be a challenge, intensive traing - raising standards - a change of mindset - strictly following rules and protocols and lastly and probably the most important, having a criminal justice system that simply won't accept cases that are flawed or have broken the rules - in other words keep rejecting these cases until the police have got the message that non compliance will not be tolerated, throw cases out of court that don't comply ..............keep doing this until they get the message

Don't forget to put criminal police into jail - all of them

No problem.

I will search out the info regarding the French witnesses later when I have time, fully agree its strange that there is not much in terms of reports on these statements. Even if it was before the suspected time of these crimes, Id imagine any argument/fighting in the area would be of interest.

There is so little from the AC bar, and it seems some people dont want anything investigated regarding it. However its the last proven place both victims were seen. Strange indeed

Why does it seem strange that RTP doesn't want any mention of what happened in the AC bar prior to the crime? There are a plethora of evidential things which RTP doesn't want anyone to mention. Here's a partial list:

>>> any CCTV, including Running Man

>>> mention of why 200 out of 300 CCTV cameras were non-functional

>>> why Mon was allowed to not turn over crucial CCTV footage

>>> why CCTV of the entrance to AC bar ceased operating right after David entered, just past midnight.

>>> why there were no bloody clothes

>>> why there was no in-depth investigation of Mon, Mon's premises,

>>> no investigation of Mon's tough-guy buddies, some of whom sport weaponized rings which likely caused David's wounds

>>> no follow up on the fast boat driver who was sleeping in a cave in the forest and was too drugged to answer police questions

>>> no looking at laundry facilities

>>> no sniffer dogs used in investigation

>>> no investigation of why Sean's life was threatened by Mon and his cop friend

>>> not looking in to two French girls who appear to be witnesses

>>> Not looking at flight data which could prove Nomsod was on the island that night

>>> not talking to MM the DJ who said he was with Nomsod at AC bar that night

>>> not looking at phone records

>>> not taking DNA from Mon's cop friend and Mon's tough-guy buddies

>>> lying about DNA every chance they get

>>> accepting Nomsod's soggy excuse about being in Bkk at 9:30 am, when someone in a hurry can get from KT to Bkk in 3.5 hrs and the crime wrapped up before 5 am. Incidentally, in the trial, there has been no mention of David's wounds and little mention of murder weapons. Just the blunt hoe - which didn't have David's DNA on it.

....the list goes on and on. Nothing is really strange about Thai officials' actions and speech. Everything they've said and done points to cover-up, and a clumsy one at that. There's also no surprise why they were spooked about having any farang investigators involved. Farang investigators would have blown this case wide open, and RTP investigators would have been left standing with their undies around their ankles.

You are all forgetting as well the report in the newspaper. .. The Times... which is a respectable broadsheet. One that David Cameron reads, which suggests that they have seen evjdence to suggest Hannah Was Shot.

If this is true and I dont know if it is....... then the confessions are worthless. Because thats not what happened. It would rei forcd the suggestions that they had to repeat what they had been told over hours and hours of training. Still I did notice they had to still take prompts from the Polee on the beach. Along with Roti torturer and his sidekick.

Also, the confessions mentioned using a broken bottle. No glass was found at or near the crime scene. No mention of broken glass was made prior to the forced confessions, and none since, other than the confession statement. The Roti seller or one of the threatening cops probably mentioned that item at the inquisition. By admitting to using a broken bottle, the B2 unwittingly proved they were tortured. They would have admitted anything at that juncture.

Also, thus far in the trial there's been zero mention of time-line. RTP have already proven in a thousand ways how unprofessional they are, but come on guys .....time of crime is basic. Same for types of wounds and weapons used. All of which appears to be 'mai pen rai' for Thai forensics.

RTP apologists and Nomsod shielders have been telling us (those of us seeking truth and justice) for nearly a year ...."just wait until the trial starts. Then all will be made clear. The Police are professionals and they know a whole lot more about this crime then any of us do."

Some of them even projected their wrong-headed fantasy to include the families: "How can you second guess the victims' families?! They were briefed by British experts. They know a lot more about the case than we do....."

Well, Nomsod lovers, you're flat out 100% wrong. The trial has been proving what we said all along: The RTP doesn't have a clue, literally. Actually, I thought the RTP would pull a better ruse than they have shown thus far. Are they intentionally bumbling even more than they would ordinarily bumble? The mind reels.

RTP apologists and Nomsod shielders have been telling us (those of us seeking truth and justice) for nearly a year ...."just wait until the trial starts. Then all will be made clear. The Police are professionals and they know a whole lot more about this crime then any of us do."

Some of them even projected their wrong-headed fantasy to include the families: "How can you second guess the victims' families?! They were briefed by British experts. They know a lot more about the case than we do....."

Well, Nomsod lovers, you're flat out 100% wrong. The trial has been proving what we said all along: The RTP doesn't have a clue, literally. Actually, I thought the RTP would pull a better ruse than they have shown thus far. Are they intentionally bumbling even more than they would ordinarily bumble? The mind reels.

While I am agreeing with use in most parts I have to contradict that the RTP don' t have a clue.

I guess they have very well, but they avoid mentioning it - they prefer presenting b/s instead

I am in no way qualified enough to state whether I think Hannah was shot or not, but I'd imagine the relevant UK authorities are.

But if there was strong evidence to suggest there was a gunshot wound I'd be very surprised they did not intervene and stop the trial.

If what has been reported from the court is true it's obvious the b2 have not yet been shown to even know how these horrible murders happened. Unless they were blind drunk/high on drugs and simply can't remember which I find unlikely it leaves the RTP to explain why the 2 suspects don't know what happened.

It can't work both ways for the RTP either as in if they said they are lying over and over about how they committed the murders to explain it away they then must concede their is a possibility they lied when they confessed.

Ac bar stories or footage scare as I've previously mentioned, if there was any footage or sightings of the b2 in the bar I would bet a large amount we would have seen countless videos and witness testimony stating they were there, but instead we have silence in regards to any sightings or info on Hannah & David which is suspicious, almost as if everyone there has been told to remain tight lipped.

On a side note does anybody know if there was any belongings left on the beach or on David's person when the police processed everything ? I read that apparently the b2 went through the shorts pockets, wouldn't fit if there was any belongings on either David / Hannah when the police processed the scene.

If she had been shot that would have stood up like a sore thumb during a post-mortem, that the UK authorities also carried out. There is no way that after that the UK police would had briefed the families and if they'd found evidence of a gunshot then the families would come out saying the two men on trial had a hard case to answer for.

This gunshot theory is ridiculous, it comes from online speculation from people that watch too much CSI themed TV shows.

With that spare a thought for Andy Hall tomorrow morning, he's facing a huge injustice against him in Bangkok Criminal court room 501. Without him the work of the defense would be handicapped from all the effort he has put in to help ensure a fair trial for the B2 and justice to be done.

Edited by StealthEnergiser

With that spare a thought for Andy Hall tomorrow morning, he's facing a huge injustice against him in Bangkok Criminal court room 501. Without him the work of the defense would be handicapped from all the effort he has put in to help ensure a fair trial for the B2 and justice to be done.

They just don't get it, do they. String up a human rights activist for calling out your nefarious practices just reaffirms the fact that corruption here is far too deeply ingrained to ever, ever be eradicated.

And every one is too concerned about their cheap holiday to do something about it. Until the U.S and Canada etc ban Thai fish and other products, that'll show them for a while... Then everyone will forget and.... Business as usual.

If she had been shot that would have stood up like a sore thumb during a post-mortem, that the UK authorities also carried out. There is no way that after that the UK police would had briefed the families and if they'd found evidence of a gunshot then the families would come out saying the two men on trial had a hard case to answer for.

This gunshot theory is ridiculous, it comes from online speculation from people that watch too much CSI themed TV shows.

It comes from the Times who said they had seen the photo to support their theory. It was also mentioned in a report who quoted the defense team. The fact that it was mentioned on CSI is irrelevant at this stage.

They just don't get it, do they. String up a human rights activist for calling out your nefarious practices just reaffirms the fact that corruption here is far too deeply ingrained to ever, ever be eradicated.

And every one is too concerned about their cheap holiday to do something about it. Until the U.S and Canada etc ban Thai fish and other products, that'll show them for a while... Then everyone will forget and.... Business as usual.

Thailand's justice system is severely broken and as a result peoples lives are suffering deeply. Disgusting news, the world is watching Andy's case even more so than the B2, the US even mentioned it as one of the reasons they kept Thailand in tier 3 of the human trafficking index. What hope do the B2 have of a fair trial............zero as we have already seen.

Are the bosses at UFC (United Fruit Company) buddies with the KT headman? Is the Headman buddies with some top cops?

Regardless, Phuket court dismissed charges against Andrew re; The UFC case. It's only because UFC are sore losers that they're pursuing the case onto the appeals level.

Is it just coincidence that the Phuket court requires Andrew's presence there, on the same day that Andrew could be attending a crucial court date in Samui re; the KT trial?

Andrew is the outside world's best messenger for reliable info on what goes on each court day at Samui re; KT trial. International press corps don't go to Thai reporters for updates. They go to Andrew. The reason is clear: Thai reporters either aren't at court or if they are, they're not adept enough to give coherent updates to the press corps. It doesn't help that the judges won't allow any recording devices or note-taking.

Thai authorities may think they're crafty by stifling reporting on the trial, but their craftiness will blow up in their faces. You can screw a lid on a pressure cooker and delay it blowing up, but if the heat is maintained, it will blow eventually - and the explosion will be greater than if the steam was let off gradually.

Actually, what the trial is proving is that the doomsayers that claimed they would not receive a fair trial were completely wrong. Certainly what the trial is not doing is proving any of your fantasies regarding people of whom you don't even know their names right.

Incidentally, talking about trials proving things.

"Khaosod newspaper apologized for two headlines suggesting the Warot Toovichian, the son of a village chief on Koh Tao, was responsible for the savage murders of British tourists David Miller and Hannah Witheridge on the island.

The newspaper also accused Warot, 22, of being the son of local “mafia” in two articles published on 24 and 25 Sept.

“We have verified facts and discovered that the aforementioned news items were inaccurate,” a statement published in today’s newspaper read.

It added the newspaper paid compensation of an undisclosed amount to Warot’s family."

One more, but here one do not fear ridiculous ... rolleyes.gif

Actually, what the trial is proving is that the doomsayers that claimed they would not receive a fair trial were completely wrong. Certainly what the trial is not doing is proving any of your fantasies regarding people of whom you don't even know their names right.

"Khaosod newspaper apologized for two headlines suggesting the Warot Toovichian, the son of a village chief on Koh Tao, was responsible for the savage murders of British tourists David Miller and Hannah Witheridge on the island.

The newspaper also accused Warot, 22, of being the son of local “mafia” in two articles published on 24 and 25 Sept.

“We have verified facts and discovered that the aforementioned news items were inaccurate,” a statement published in today’s newspaper read.

It added the newspaper paid compensation of an undisclosed amount to Warot’s family."

Haha. SO it can't be true then, If khaosod have recanted their allegations.

Ale G, you can believe the Tuvichiens are not involved in the murder, and I will not push the point, but if you believe they are not influential "mafia" then you are just intentionally blinkered I guess.

And don't split heirs about the meaning of mafia.

Thailands mafia netwroks or Chao Por, are like the worst kept secret, and denying that makes you look naive.

That goes up there as being in the top 10 of the most bizarre statements made by Aleg. Completely lost touch with reality.

The newspaper also accused Warot, 22, of being the son of local mafia in two articles published on 24 and 25 Sept.

We have verified facts and discovered that the aforementioned news items were inaccurate, a statement published in todays newspaper read.

It added the newspaper paid compensation of an undisclosed amount to Warots family."

That goes up there as being in the top 10 of the most bizarre statements made by Aleg. Completely lost touch with reality.

That post is crazy. Offering up the Khaosod apology like it proves anything other than the fact that defamation is used by the elite here when someone says something true, but they know nobody will stand up to them.

I take as I took JTJ posting the parents statements over and over,, trying to use anything possible to get the scent off the headmans family.

You know, I'm a firm believer in Karma, they'll get theirs.

One more, but here one do not fear ridiculous ... rolleyes.gif

It's about as ridiculous as believing the B2 carried out the crimes. But a select few do... Just for the record, I think the gunshot theory (as published in the Sunday Times and based on examining a photograph) needs supporting evidence to justify the opinion.

Edited by stephenterry