Koh Tao murder trial reconvenes in Koh Samui

webfact

What hacks me off is "informal interviews" taken by the police forces in Essex Hampshire and Hertfordshire. Because they are informal they dont need to diclose the information.

What a load of B011ocks...

You dont do Informal work for another police force in another country with death penalty punishment.

But hey whats informal. Meet down the pub with your notes on the back of a fag packet... Or listen we have been told to come andtell you dont show your holiday pictures to the newspapers as it may show a potential witness we are tracking.... nudge nudge wink wink... and we dont want him to get wind of our investigation. .. Ok Na Kup...

Its a murder case and they are doing informal work for the bloody thai police... ff. Sake..

If it's informal, at best it's only 'hearsay' which doesn't really forward the defence's case. It doesn't help the prosecution's case either, for the same reason. Gone are the days when such 'evidence' could be accepted by a UK court - now, unless it's all recorded and signed off by any number of interviewers and those being questioned - it's not accepted.

The safest way to ensure no comeback from any legal perspective anywhere in the world is why 'informal' is utilised.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great to see posters are staying strong and avoiding feeding the trolls

Why of course, it just wouldn't do to see people being exposed to anything but your narrative, would it?

They may start thinking for themselves and other dangerous behaviours.

The Dragon guy made his statement and then you and several others started to ask him questions as to whether he saw the late Ms. Witheridge that night or that The Kid maybe walked out the back door as he entered the front door or visa versa. The Dragon guy deigned not to answer any of those questions. He doesn't need my defense.

As to what witnesses the defense may have as to the night in question, again, I will say that no one has come forward publicly or offered their story to any newspaper or other media in UK who probably spent reasonable time trying to track down such persons and have them make a pubic statement.

The Dragon guy seemed on the level, clear about what he knew and what he did not know.

Reporters have probably found people willing to say what happened, but without proof. While reporters do sometimes print allegations from supposed witnesses without corroboration, they usually will not. There have been rumors of people giving witness statements to the local police on Koh Tao. Who knows if that is true. I am one of those who believes the local police will hide any evidence pointing at perpetrators other than the Burmese kids.

This was my original post on the matter. If you want to say that every time I responded to the tag-team that was questioning me, then maybe you're right that I did not include the word 'publicly' to every response on which I was being bombarded.

The Dragon-guy says that during the time he was at the AC Bar on that date that he did not see the Kid with whom he was on a 'Hello' basis. Nobody else has publicly said that they saw him either or that any one saw any altercation that evening in the bar including friends of the deceased who are back home in the UK.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/849310-koh-tao-murder-trial-reconvenes-in-koh-samui/?view=findpost&p=9778530

It's quite fair you defending this Dragon guy - no problems with that, however, we have yet to hear the defence's case where they could have witness statements to what happened in the AC bar. Or they might not. Wait and see.

The Dragon guy made his statement and then you and several others started to ask him questions as to whether he saw the late Ms. Witheridge that night or that The Kid maybe walked out the back door as he entered the front door or visa versa. The Dragon guy deigned not to answer any of those questions. He doesn't need my defense.

As to what witnesses the defense may have as to the night in question, again, I will say that no one has come forward publicly or offered their story to any newspaper or other media in UK who probably spent reasonable time trying to track down such persons and have them make a pubic statement.

I never got on the Dragon-guy bandwagon. Your supposition is incorrect. However, his statement has not been substantiated, and other posters would question the veracity of it. As for me, it's either true or false. I don't know.

As to your last para, did you read what I wrote? Wait and see what/who the defence brings to court. It doesn't have to be publicly announced beforehand.

This must be another one of those sessions where the Officer gives testimonies for hours and says roughly nothing other than "I dunno". After this many days passed with nothing to indicate guilt of the B2 what is there to say?

Witness 1 day 10 Koh Tao trial Thai police Interpol liaison officer testimony re: mobile phone allegedly belonging to David Miller

What hacks me off is "informal interviews" taken by the police forces in Essex Hampshire and Hertfordshire. Because they are informal they dont need to diclose the information.

What a load of B011ocks...

You dont do Informal work for another police force in another country with death penalty punishment.

But hey whats informal. Meet down the pub with your notes on the back of a fag packet... Or listen we have been told to come andtell you dont show your holiday pictures to the newspapers as it may show a potential witness we are tracking.... nudge nudge wink wink... and we dont want him to get wind of our investigation. .. Ok Na Kup...

Its a murder case and they are doing informal work for the bloody thai police... ff. Sake..

Are you accusing the UK police of coercing witnesses to withhold information?

This must be another one of those sessions where the Officer gives testimonies for hours and says roughly nothing other than "I dunno". After this many days passed with nothing to indicate guilt of the B2 what is there to say?

From AH. 'The mobile phone allegedly belonging to David Miller.' Whatever that means, and in what context, I have no idea. Ah, I get it. The Thai police Interpol liaison officer is going to make a statement about DM's phone.

Edited by stephenterry

I keep wondering why there are so few posters on TV actually from the area... There is almost always 20+ guest accounts viewing, Correct me if I'm wrong, I haven't seen any Koh Tao people post on TV...... Why? Cases like these draw a lot of attention especially from local residents yet I haven't seen any (Maybe 2-3 in the beginning) recent posters offering opinions or even just comments on the ongoing trial. It definitely seems hushed, and I don't believe it's because of the Burmese Mafia.

This was my original post on the matter. If you want to say that every time I responded to the tag-team that was questioning me, then maybe you're right that I did not include the word 'publicly' to every response on which I was being bombarded.

The Dragon-guy says that during the time he was at the AC Bar on that date that he did not see the Kid with whom he was on a 'Hello' basis. Nobody else has publicly said that they saw him either or that any one saw any altercation that evening in the bar including friends of the deceased who are back home in the UK.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/849310-koh-tao-murder-trial-reconvenes-in-koh-samui/?view=findpost&p=9778530

It's quite fair you defending this Dragon guy - no problems with that, however, we have yet to hear the defence's case where they could have witness statements to what happened in the AC bar. Or they might not. Wait and see.

I never got on the Dragon-guy bandwagon. Your supposition is incorrect. However, his statement has not been substantiated, and other posters would question the veracity of it. As for me, it's either true or false. I don't know.

As to your last para, did you read what I wrote? Wait and see what/who the defence brings to court. It doesn't have to be publicly announced beforehand.

This was what you wrote in a post following a post in responding to the Dragon guy:

...but opens up another month's worth of baseless speculation. Here's another one - maybe the alleged altercation happened out at the back of the AC Bar or it was before or after this guy's visit.

There you go peeps...

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/838898-koh-tao-trial-opens-for-2-accused-of-killing-british-tourists/?p=9660089

If something wasn't announced in public beforehand, then, as of today, it isn't public.

Edited by JLCrab

Andy Hall@Atomicalandy 3m3 minutes ago

Witness 1 day 10 Koh Tao trial Thai police Interpol liaison officer testimony re: mobile phone allegedly belonging to David Miller

You're fast! I've been on Twitter all day refreshing and didn't see that, Of course when I decide to post Andy tweets.. :P

How, at this point could they not know if it's David's phone or not? All they had to do is show it to the Ware guy.. David's phone likely had photos from in the bar... Doubt the human trash who killed him would have left his phone.

This was what you wrote in a post following a post in responding to the Dragon guy:

...but opens up another month's worth of baseless speculation. Here's another one - maybe the alleged altercation happened out at the back of the AC Bar or it was before or after this guy's visit.

There you go peeps...

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/838898-koh-tao-trial-opens-for-2-accused-of-killing-british-tourists/?p=9660089

If something wasn't announced in public beforehand, then, as of today, it isn't public.

Exactly, proves my point. Or do you not understand irony? Most Americans don't. Thanks for reminding me (with your efforts) that this speculation is still ongoing.

Okay, it's not public but it could be clandestine. Wait and see.

There you go peeps...

What's your point, JL? It's common knowledge nobody other than the taxi driver has come forward in this case, it doesn't mean there aren't any witnesses. Look at what happened when BBC tried to deliver shrapnel to RTP, they were turned away even though they went out of their way to provide evidence.

Sorry for the OT about the bomb thing, I just can't see why you keep banging on about no witness coming forward.

There you go peeps...

Exactly, proves my point. Or do you not understand irony? Most Americans don't. Thanks for reminding me (with your efforts) that this speculation is still ongoing.

Okay, it's not public but it could be clandestine. Wait and see.

It certainly could be clandestine and heretofore not revealed to the public; or it might not exist at all.

This in itself is deplorable. The police are NOT allowed to assist in a death penalty case. They have broken their agreement and as such those police should be hauled over the coals.

Further, as the evidence shows they helped the prosecution then all bets are off and they should comply with any and all defense requests.

I hope this gets reported in mainstream papers in the UK and authorities made to explain.

It then would not surprise me to find out that witness just lied.

It's not that Americans don't get irony, it's that were shit at reading comp. smile.png

And all of what JL is posting could come back to haunt him when the defense gets to call witnesses.

I am not easily haunted. I said no witnesses have come forward publicly and have spoken with UK media or otherwise. If the defense has some witness in their back pocket that's just fine.

This in itself is deplorable. The police are NOT allowed to assist in a death penalty case. They have broken their agreement and as such those police should be hauled over the coals.

Further, as the evidence shows they helped the prosecution then all bets are off and they should comply with any and all defense requests.

I hope this gets reported in mainstream papers in the UK and authorities made to explain.

Your last sentence is most likely true. That wouldn't surprise me, either. The whole case against the B2, IMO, is one big lie. So what difference does another one make?

An Executive Opinion Survey published in the latest Global Competitiveness Report of the World Economic Forum ranked Thailand 113th out of 144 economies in a ranking of the perceived reliability of police services — the extent to which they can be relied upon to enforce law and order.

Edited by stephenterry

Your last sentence is most likely true. That wouldn't surprise me, either. The whole case against the B2, IMO, is one big lie. So what difference does another one make?

It has proved the UK judge was wrong when he said there was no exculpatory evidence.

I said that he would not know the tactics of defense and could not make such a judgment.

The witness saying the police confirmed who the phone belonged to can very well be exculpatory evidence found in the report. Perhaps he should have waited until the end of prosecution evidence before deciding that point. He may easily now come to a different conclusion.

Nice try RTP, this guy is a Thai cop he has nothing to do with Interpol, he has no more credibility that any other Thai cop, they really are clutching at straws now as if this label is going to make him any more convincing, tell about the finger prints you found on the phone, oh that's right it was never checked

It has proved the UK judge was wrong when he said there was no exculpatory evidence.

I said that he would not know the tactics of defense and could not make such a judgment.

The witness saying the police confirmed who the phone belonged to can very well be exculpatory evidence found in the report. Perhaps he should have waited until the end of prosecution evidence before deciding that point. He may easily now come to a different conclusion.

Actually he said to assist their case. Revealing the phone part doesnt help. However they have previously said they never checked it. Today they change there tune.

lets see if they get the confirmation from ..............

Edited by loonodingle

Maybe things are a bit slow because the court is having to knock up a makeshift extension to house all the officers that are yet to testify. I think only around 12 of the 65 have so far testified over the course of the hearings, so that means they have to have to make some room for the other 53 that have yet to tell the court what they don't know and what they have lost.

Maybe things are a bit slow because the court is having to knock up a makeshift extension to house all the officers that are yet to testify. I think only around 12 of the 65 have so far testified over the course of the hearings, so that means they have to have to make some room for the other 53 that have yet to tell the court what they don't know and what they have lost.

Give them a chance... this is about a fair trial. Also this is the police on trial. The more who cock up the better if it really is a stitch up with the B2 as we think possibly is... its not over until the fat lady songs as they say..