Transcript of PM Prayut's address to nation [translation]

webfact

Transcript of PM Prayuth's Address to Nation [Translation]
By Khaosod English

14398881891439888284l.jpg
Junta chairman and Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-ocha addresses the nation in a national television broadcast on 18 August, 2015.

BANGKOK — Junta chairman and Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-ocha addressed the nation at 3pm today, two hours after a second bomb attack targeting tourists hit the Thai capital.

Below is a transcript of his statement:

Greetings Dear People,

The violent incident that took place on 17 August 2015, at around 7 pm, has caused injuries and losses to many innocent people, both Thai and foreign. I and my government would like to express our sincere condolences to the families of the victims. The wounded and the deceased, both Thai and foreign, will be fully compensated in accordance with the laws.

Based on the aforementioned incident, it appears that there is still group of individuals in our country who harbor and carry out their ill wishes against the nation. They may aim to score political gain, or to destroy our economy, or tourism or are driven by any other motive. The government is urgently investigating the incident and finding the perpetrators and their related movement so that they will be prosecuted.

I and the government would like to insist to all people: We will always stand by the people, in suffering and in happiness. When people suffer, we suffer more. With the conscience in our duty and responsibility to the nation and the people, I’d like to ask all Thai people of all sectors, including all authorities, to join hands together in order to move forward [from this incident], eradicate all evils and dangerous threats that we are going through, both visible and invisible.

If we unite, we shall be able to overcome all obstacles quickly, in order to return normalcy to the country soon.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1439888189

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2015-08-18

It is good to see Prayut take this lose of life very seriously by broadcasting his statement on TV as opposed to mentioning it on a Facebook post and then inspecting fruit in Northern Thailand.

I am sure the Thai people will show resolve and not tolerate this small minority who want to destabilize the govt through destroying the counties economy.

All these recent actions reinforce is a justification of why May 22nd, 2014 had to happen. Terrorism in Thailand will not be tolerated and those responsible need to be held accountable where previously they were not.

God Speed Prayut in holding the terrorists accountable.

It is good to see Prayut take this lose of life very seriously by broadcasting his statement on TV as opposed to mentioning it on a Facebook post and then inspecting fruit in Northern Thailand.

I am sure the Thai people will show resolve and not tolerate this small minority who want to destabilize the govt through destroying the counties economy.

All these recent actions reinforce is a justification of why May 22nd, 2014 had to happen. Terrorism in Thailand will not be tolerated and those responsible need to be held accountable where previously they were not.

Justification for 2014?

What has this to do with what happened in 2014? Do you know something the authorities dont?

Rhetorical question because we all know you never respond to anyone questioning your idiotics.

I am sure the Thai people will show resolve and not tolerate this small minority who want to destabilize the govt through destroying the counties economy....

That small minority won the last national elections, sweetheart.

Phuleeeeeeze don't feed the troll!!!

Justification for 2014?

What has this to do with what happened in 2014? Do you know something the authorities dont?

Rhetorical question because we all know you never respond to anyone questioning your idiotics.

not really agree : "What has this to do with what happened in 2014?"

it seems that such tragedy happens in a country where lots of people (95% ??) are not happy with such military junta dictatorship regime... abroad as well lots are not glad with the actions and speech of the divine savior of thailand since may 2014 (of course i'm not justifying the terrorism)just try to understand why this happened

Edited by silverado

Let's see the divine savior of thailand in place since may 2014, after holding the terrorists accountable , at what speed he's gonna catch them.... let's hope more quicly than in Koh tao's case instead of put scapegoats in jail.... Edited by silverado

If Suthep had never been born and the coup had never happened, would this atrocity have still occurred? I guess we'll never know the answer to that but it reminds me that a certain person is on the loose again.