First time in Thailand, and first Thai "girlfriend"

haja5

Hello Hadj

Welcome to the club. 99% of Falangs have an automatics brain transfer down to the smaller head between your legs.

You wil get a lot of negative comments here. A lot of us guys have a great caring G/F/Wives and we are happy.

The ones to be wary of when they start asking for money soon after. Just treat them with respect and accept their traditions and way of life. Most are very family conscious and most go away to work so they can send money to their parents to help them especially if they are from a village life.

Try and find out if she has a Thai boy friend or husband most have. And any children.

Where does she come from.

As one commented it is not done to openly kiss or other things we take as innocent. A lot do not like people touching their head.

When you are alone in privacy it is different. Be carefull of someone much younger than you. Find out all you can about her. You can ask her to write a letter for you to describe her past life etc, her family, children, her previouse relationships. You can write a letter asking all these things and saying that you are falling in love with her but want to know her life and that you will tell her your past life, you can get the letter translated into Thai and vice/versa with her letter. Make your own wise judgments, do not take a lot of the comments you will get on this forum as they have probably had bad experiences and they class them as all the same.

I am 74 and fit my wife is 45 and beautiful with a lovely slim body.. We have been married over 6 yrs and courting 2 yrs before getting married, we are very happy and love each other very much and would not change it for the world. You will find that a lot of western type women have a lot to learn compared to an Asian type for looking after their husbands.

My wife is very carefull with spending money and looks after me in this department.

Good luck Mate. (Be Happy and Prosper) as Spock would say.

And there we go, another one - and 75 years old - slagging off Western women.

I know how to look after a man and i am 20 years younger than you. But no way would i cut your claw like toe nails.

Would you be able to look after me?!!

Hello Hadj

Welcome to the club. 99% of Falangs have an automatics brain transfer down to the smaller head between your legs.

You wil get a lot of negative comments here. A lot of us guys have a great caring G/F/Wives and we are happy.

The ones to be wary of when they start asking for money soon after. Just treat them with respect and accept their traditions and way of life. Most are very family conscious and most go away to work so they can send money to their parents to help them especially if they are from a village life.

Try and find out if she has a Thai boy friend or husband most have. And any children.

As one commented it is not done to openly kiss or other things we take as innocent. A lot do not like people touching their head.

When you are alone in privacy it is different. Be carefull of someone much younger than you. Find out all you can about her. You can ask her to write a letter for you to describe her past life etc, her family, children, her previouse relationships. You can write a letter asking all these things and saying that you are falling in love with her but want to know her life and that you will tell her your past life, you can get the letter translated into Thai and vice/versa with her letter. Make your own wise judgments, do not take a lot of the comments you will get on this forum as they have probably had bad experiences and they class them as all the same.

I am 74 and fit my wife is 45 and beautiful with a lovely slim body.. We have been married over 6 yrs and courting 2 yrs before getting married, we are very happy and love each other very much and would not change it for the world. You will find that a lot of western type women have a lot to learn compared to an Asian type for looking after their husbands.

My wife is very carefull with spending money and looks after me in this department.

I know how to look after a man and i am 20 years younger than you. But no way would i cut your claw like toe nails.

Describing differences is not "slagging off". You're being unduly sensitive!

Hello Hadj

Well as far as Western woman are concerned, In the UK the saying went,,,,Two Yanks and they were down

OP,

This is interesting, i have the impression i'm reading the description of my own relation with a thai girl.

I'm not new to thailand, i've done many travels as a tourist.

After having my share of Bargirls and money diggers, i was thinking i met someone "different" on my last travel.

Exact same: met on internet, middle class family, having a job, insisting for paying for everything (cinema, expensive meals...), no sex.

Start to be into her, i dismissed the advices of one expat telling me that in Thailand what you perceive as a Farang is not the reality as it would be on your own country.

Back to my place, i told her i could take an annual leave and come to stay with her.

She encouraged me: "I love you", "I will wait for you" etc...

I've asked for my annual leave and had 3 month notice.

Just one month after, communication started to change on Line and I noticed on her facebook big Hints that she was dating an other Farang.

If i ask her if everything OK. Of course she says no, no problem.

I'll see where it goes in the next 2 months before i come to thailand but it seems it's no starting very good. ahah, maybe i will start my own thread.

So, hope the best for you but be very very careful.

Do not make a difference when you meet them, if not a prostitute, every Thai women have 2 personalities. One in public, another between walls.....and ALL them will have sex after closing the room's door....even on a first date.

Up to you if you like to get into the "waiting" game.

• 2 years later...

in my experience, the vast majority of gals on thaifriendly are not high value women to put it kindly

they are barraged with tons of messages from the worlds hordes  of lonely guys

though the gals are not generally pursued by middle class or above thai men, due to all the messages from lonely hordes they become self anointed superstars in their own minds and often look for the highest bidder.

all in all quite dysfunctional not to mention baseline erratic unreliable behavior.

if she wont let you kiss her because her hair is dirty take her to a salon for a shampoo then try.

i like the way a friend worded his feeling for the new thai gf compared with the prior one when i asked him

he said "new one is relatively less abnormal that the last one" . that is a positive

Edited by atyclb
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

On 23/08/2015 at 10:07 PM, Riverman63 said:

As for the head touching thing, it's not that a big a deal. I once stroked my ex Thai gf head and she said... Why you do that, I am not cat.

Touch a strangers head in any country could result in abuse or violence.

haja5 - nothing to worry about.  I met my future wife in her home town and after a few days of being friends, and with a mutual view to something, in time, more serious, she dropped me outside my hotel on her motorbike.  I went to give her a very quick and friendly peck on the cheek and she screamed.  I was more shocked than she was.  I did a quick u-turn and forgot about it but did think it quite bizarre.  

Anyway, my wife is most modest and has a good heart so can see where she came from at that time.  I wasn't offended, anyway.  Just didn't realise how the decent Thai girls saw things.  

On 24/08/2015 at 11:40 AM, umbanda said:

... every Thai women have 2 personalities. One in public, another between walls.....and ALL them will have sex after closing the room's door....even on a first date.

BS.  Not every Thai girl will have sex on first date and many will want to wait for signs of a meaningful relationship or even after marriage.  Not all of us went to the tourist areas to find love, but then again not all the girls in the tourist areas are so easy.  

You really need to get out and about and open your mind.

Anyway, back to the OP.  A few days after the peck on the cheek incident, I said to my future wife that I would like to take her to Bangkok for the day.  It would have been her first flight on a plane and something I thought would be a nice day out.  Early morning flight to Bangkok and teatime return, so nothing too dangerous.  She thought it was a great idea until she asked her parents.  Her parents weren't having it at all.  

This is when I dug my heels in and said to her that if she isn't allowed and I can't be trusted then I'll return home on the next available flight.  A few hours passed and I finally received the news that I was permitted to take her to Bangkok for the day.  So a few days later we went to Bangkok and had a lovely day out.

I had a plan to buy her a token piece of jewellery while we were there but not Thai gold as too cheesy for me and I've never purchased jewellery for her since, other than her wedding ring and a few pairs of earrings, and Thai gold isn't to my wife's taste either.  I left her in a cafe on Sukhumvit and disappeared for an hour.  I finally found a small white gold pendant with sapphire inset in a local jewellers and sat and bartered with the owner and settled on a price.  I eventually returned to the cafe and could see she was quite worried that I wouldn't return and had left her there and I actually felt quite bad.  I made an excuse and she quickly forgot about it.

We caught the teatime flight back to her hometown and I presented the pendant and accompanying necklace to her while we were sat on the runway.  She was obviously quietly happy with the gift and sentiment.  Thing is now, that is her prized possession after all these years and if she lost it no amount of insurance or compensation could ever replace that pendant.  Anyone that ever sets eyes on it comments on its beauty.  It's very unique and obviously very special to my wife.  

Long story short, there are many lovely ladies in LOS so don't give up despite all the doom and gloom stories.

1 hour ago, fanjita said:

BS.  Not every Thai girl will have sex on first date and many will want to wait for signs of a meaningful relationship or even after marriage.  Not all of us went to the tourist areas to find love, but then again not all the girls in the tourist areas are so easy.  

People who date hookers don't know that.

7 hours ago, fanjita said:
On 8/24/2015 at 5:40 PM, umbanda said:

... every Thai women have 2 personalities. One in public, another between walls.....and ALL them will have sex after closing the room's door....even on a first date.

of course not EVERY but a fairly high % do and not freelancers or pros but normal society and especially more educated and accomplished because if they don't need money they are likely with you because of attraction.

7 hours ago, fanjita said:

Anyway, my wife is most modest and has a good heart so can see where she came from at that time.  I wasn't offended, anyway.  Just didn't realise how the decent Thai girls saw things.  

tons of decent thai girls not at all shy modest or conservative. as frame of reference; students at top universities

On 5/19/2018 at 7:35 PM, atyclb said:

in my experience, the vast majority of gals on thaifriendly are not high value women to put it kindly

they are barraged with tons of messages from the worlds hordes  of lonely guys

though the gals are not generally pursued by middle class or above thai men, due to all the messages from lonely hordes they become self anointed superstars in their own minds and often look for the highest bidder.

all in all quite dysfunctional not to mention baseline erratic unreliable behavior.

if she wont let you kiss her because her hair is dirty take her to a salon for a shampoo then try.

i like the way a friend worded his feeling for the new thai gf compared with the prior one when i asked him

he said "new one is relatively less abnormal that the last one" . that is a positive

"Not good at speech communication.

I from Thailand 
I am 38year old 
I am Married men and just divorce 3 year ago 
i have one son, mold ,right now my son study in Chaingmai university y son 17 year 
...I Am working in salon 
...I Am not a bar girl or courtesan
I not smoke. 
I have a parent and son to raise and have debts you can get.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, atyclb said:

I from Thailand 
I am 38year old 
i have one son, mold ,right now my son study in Chaingmai university y son 17 year 
...I Am working in salon 
I not smoke. 

I desperate

If you fat n smelly ok

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Justfine said:
12 hours ago, atyclb said:

I from Thailand 
I am 38year old 
...I Am working in salon 
I not smoke. 

I desperate

If you fat n smelly ok

Looking for
Man
Min. age
Any
Max. age
Country
Thailand
City
Bangkok
Area
Bang Na
Last Active
12 minute ago
Height
159cm / 5 ft 2 in
Weight
49kg / 108lbs
Education
High school
Occupation
Work in beauty salon
Has children
Has children
Want children
Dont want children

On ‎8‎/‎18‎/‎2015 at 8:00 PM, haja5 said:

Yes I am new. Very new actually. That's why I am reaching to the seniors on here. Seeking advice/experience what to watch out for what not to worry about.

You have been given the correct advice already- RUN. 

You can get more information as what your future holds if continuing the relationship on the divorce sub forum.

Regardless, if the relationship does proceed to the sex stage use a condom. A child is a guaranteed lock on all your money.