Huge Security Operation launched in Pattaya following Bangkok Bomb Blast

webfact

Huge Security Operation launched in Pattaya following Bangkok Bomb Blast

walking-1.jpg

PATTAYA: -- Within hours of the deadly bomb blast in Bangkok, Pattaya was placed on lock-down with a huge security operation launched by the Provincial Police Commander, who assures residents and tourists in Pattaya that their safety is of paramount importance.

Police Major General Nittipong, who is the Police Commander responsible for the province of Chonburi, ordered his sub-ordinates to initiate a lock-down security operation in and around Pattaya to ensure there is no repeat of the deadly blast, which took place in Bangkok, here in Pattaya.

Security Checkpoints were set-up on all major highways around the Province and in Pattaya detailed checks on vehicles and their drivers were made. Security in the South Pattaya entertainment zone, which includes Pattaya’s famous Walking Street, was also increased, with the cooperation of the Tourist Police, Banglamung District Officers and Civil Volunteers.

As a precaution late night venues were told to close early, a measure which is expected to be short-term as long as the Security situation in Thailand does not deteriorate further.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/212165/huge-security-operation-launched-in-pattaya-following-bangkok-bomb-blast/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-08-19

Why do they think closing early will stop a terrorist? More likely they scare off the few remaining tourists from Pattaya.

maybe they closed off soi 16 and soi VC...

on a more serious note, it is not completely impossible that they may have gotten a piece of intelligence warning of an attack similar to what happened in Bali. Imagine a bomb going off in a Pattaya Disco... not all have really tight security.

Edited by manarak

What are they looking for exactly in Pattaya? for suspicious looking people ? news flash, they ALL LOOK

suspicious there, just unnecessary fear mongering and an excuse to walk the streets of Pattaya,

it's remind me of the joke of someone was seen looking for something under a street light, and when asked what he's looking for he replied that he lost a penny in the dark part of the street, and was asked why is he looking for it

here, which he replied that here there's lights and can see better...

The police will put on a show for a day or two and then it's right back to the air-conditioned offices and doing nothing. I guess they wear those hot, inappropriate, long-sleeved uniforms because the offices are cold and normally they never go outside.

A subsequent attack on Walking Street would be quite costly in all ways.

Followed by Phuket, and then Hua Hin.

The Thais know this. Contrary to popular TVF belief, they are not stupid, just different.

I really hope they nab these lunatics. sad.png

Went to Central this afternoon......where there was security bag checks at the entrances from the car park...common lately but not at 9pm Sunday

I had to pop out to the CIMB bank on Beach Road....I then returned to Central via the external escalator.......which has the access through the Sports shop.......no sign of security there or bag checking

I assume, and hope that they will adjust this lapse asap

Edited by DD13

"...the Provincial Police Commander, who assures residents and tourists in Pattaya that their safety is of paramount importance."

The guy actually said that with a straight face? When is the last time he tried to cross 2nd road on foot?