Australian model questioned after being accused of being Bangkok bomber

webfact

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He looks nothing like backpack man. Can't the Thais tell the difference between a caucasian and a western Asian? Yes, I know both words contain the word "asian" but you can pretty much write off the "model" by the color of his skin.

You may not be aware of the fact that there is a whole other modeling scene here that has nothing to do with the local market. It is cheap to shoot here - there are loads of Russian, Czech and far more swarthy races of models here that get regular or semi-regular work.

Trying for his 2 minutes of attention. Model, indeed. Must be quite the lucrative job, as he is working as an unlicensed english "tutor" in the interim.

Hope he doesn't teach them to speak with that awful squeaky Aussie accent too, whistling.gif

I hope all his immigration papers are in order. Acting, modelling, English Tutor - must have an interesting work permit too.

Spoken like a true Englishman but I get your point.

What point? That he is a condescending tosser?

The 26-year-old posted a selfie to his Instagram account from his meeting with police, saying: "Talking with the police. I forgive everyone who spread those horrible rumours about me.

"I love this country and let's fight together. Let's find this bomber. I'm not a terrorist but I'm a ting tong actor."

Hm,.... a brave statement by this young man........ good luck in escaping the rest of the social media rumors...

No...good luck in escaping the wrath and all knowing wisdom of the Thai Visa members.....well known as the most cynical and berating lot of foreigners and expats on the internet....LOL

Cheers

He did the right thing going to Police.

The fact of publishing his photo and papers should be investigated.

I can imagine his fear of going to Police - who wants a Koh Tao treatment?

What he does for work and his work permits are no business of many nasty TV posters.

So many low lifes here, it's mind boggling. facepalm.gif

Trying for his 2 minutes of attention. Model, indeed. Must be quite the lucrative job, as he is working as an unlicensed english "tutor" in the interim.

Hope he doesn't teach them to speak with that awful squeaky Aussie accent too, whistling.gif

I hope all his immigration papers are in order. Acting, modelling, English Tutor - must have an interesting work permit too.

Well if you are offended by the Australian accent, why n uot do us a favour and bugger off back to where ever.and have your boring discussions with your fellow

countrymen.

Amazing how many bitter people have already posted not on the actual topic but instead choose some snide remark against a young innocent man....

What bitter, twisted and jealous characters Thai Visa sometimes attracts....

Lighten up mate he's an Aussie it's part of our heritage to rip on each other. He's a big boy I'm sure he'll be sweet. Water off a duck's back an all that. I doubt young Sunny gives a tinkers about the opinions of anyone posting on Thai Visa somehow. Good on you for going into bat for the young bloke however...I'm sure he'll be grateful for your support

Tinkers ? You assume non australians know all your myriad of expressions. I for one could not possibly remember them. A myriad I say.

sorry all of my friend here open eyes n look over view this world how it's starts n why , all will get their answers . <deleted> cking big market of animation is USA , if other countries are peaceful so how come USA sale their animations ,all countries facing problem because of one <deleted> cking country . Open ur eyes please .

So traumatized he couldn't even pose for a carefully stage-managed selfie during the rigorous questioning. A little

A little jealous aren't we? rolleyes.gif

What are we supposed to be jealous of seriously.

When he said "haters will be haters'" or words to that effect, I just thought Derek Zoolander

sorry all of my friend here open eyes n look over view this world how it's starts n why , all will get their answers . <deleted> cking big market of animation is USA , if other countries are peaceful so how come USA sale their animations ,all countries facing problem because of one <deleted> cking country . Open ur eyes please .

I'm American, but I have to admit you are right. First Bugs Bunny, then The Simpsons, and now Family guy. We apologize.

Luckily , he has been able to clear himself and for all those people out there saying he's doing it for self-promotion ; he really would be out of his mind to bring on this type of aggravation to one's self , on a sad situation like this ! It could easily backfire that someone who saw him accused , did not see him cleared and blow his head off. All the publicity in the World isn't worth

what it might wind up , costing him. Amazing that the hard hearted people out there on T-V always , only see the worse case scenario of people 's behavior

Interesting. One of my friends, an American who has done some but part acting and modelling was also forced to go to the police yesterday evening after his details were passed on.

This is a good thing - people trying to help find the perp

No it is not. Innocent people are being accused and their privacy violated.

How would you like to be accused and your passport, visa and other private documents posted online?

Call me an old cynic, I don't give a rat's,

Some questions need to be answered to give validity to Mr Burns' actions and claims.

He claims "Someone posted his immigration papers online" Well who would have access to them? Only his employers, immigration and himself. If immigration twigged to his uncanny NON-resemblance to the suspect, they wouldn't have bothered with social media, they would jhave alerted the authorities! His employers? Not likely they would have noticed.

That leaves himself...grasping an opportunity to boost his mediocrity to super celeb status overnight.

Rather than being worried about being "fitted up" for a crime he didn't commit, he posed for selfies and tweeted.

Who contacted that bastion of mediocre sub-celebrities (Sunrise) to let them know what had happened to this poor little Aussie battler? Possibly himself after he had his hair coiffed into the ever so popular "dishevelled boy next door" look.

Too many questions not enough answers. I only hope that I and many here are wrong and he is NOT someone low enough to try and gain celebrity on the back of such a heinous crime

Amazing how many bitter people have already posted not on the actual topic but instead choose some snide remark against a young innocent man....

What bitter, twisted and jealous characters Thai Visa sometimes attracts....

It's simple jealousy by the grumpy old men who at 22 were probably doing some dead end job in some miserable place like Dundee.

They found Thailand when they were 50 years old and past it and love to bring down young English teachers or backpackers

Interesting. One of my friends, an American who has done some but part acting and modelling was also forced to go to the police yesterday evening after his details were passed on.

Of course actors they disguise themselves don't they.

His details passed on to the police directly or publicised like the Aussie?

Directly to police.

call me cynical, but the amount of press this guy is getting, it seems that he has decided this is an excellent opportunity for self promotion.

Call me cynical but it's the same way that so many bitter, old dears on Thai Visa find such reports/stories/events to be an excellent opportunity to put down anyone whose life isn't as dreary, pathetic and meaningless as their own.

call me cynical, but the amount of press this guy is getting, it seems that he has decided this is an excellent opportunity for self promotion.

Call me cynical but it's the same way that so many bitter, old dears on Thai Visa find such reports/stories/events to be an excellent opportunity to put down anyone whose life isn't as dreary, pathetic and meaningless as their own.

Or their country of origin..

Are you in the right forum?

If my name and photo had been spread through Social Media to the same degree that the photo's of Sunny Burns had been spread, there'd be a little sphincter clenching...

I'd have little choice but to visit the police, after doing so I'd post photo's far and wide, showing my innocence and willingness to comply... I'd throw in a few selfies with the Police for additional effect....

I'd pretty much do exactly what this switched on young lad has done.... He's handled the situation well....

Don't think so ??? All the silly people are criticising his need for attention... no one is discussing doubts over his guilt or innocence...

Job Well Done I'd say... Clever Boy...