Hunt for Ratchaprasong bomber is progressing

webfact

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BBC reporter finds missed evidence /parts of bomb opposite the shrine 3 days after the clear up. Dutifully takes it to Police HQ.

Police say "sorry we are closed" and the Reporter is left holding bits of shrapnel.

UNBELIEVABLE!!!!

Unfortunately its totally believable.

Its become the standard here.

This might be the bomber who was using a fake American passport. Has same shoes, shorts and burn on his arm ( which was covered by a bandage as he left the backpack):

http://heavy.com/news/2015/08/bangkok-erawan-hindu-shrine-bomber-identity-photo-picture-fake-passport-american-stephen-larry-fahl-united-states-thailand/4/

You need to update yourself... Fake story this one..

"

' Somyot said, adding, Foreigners couldnt commit this act alone. There has to be Thai people, who are not Thais at heart, lending assistance to the crime.'

Foreigners couldnt commit this act alone. Yes they could!

There has to be Thai people, who are not Thais at heart. Does that mean they were Red shirts?

Foreigners could certainly assemble and place the bomb, but acquiring the ingredients to make the bomb would need local help. For example, if I walked into my local shop and asked for 1kg each of 6mm and 8mm ball bearings, I'd get a strange look. If I added, oh and a few kilos of C4, then I'd being enjoying the hospitality of my local police station.

The Iranian bomber who blew both his legs off will probably tell you you're wrong

They, the bombing suspects, probably would have been properly identified by now if the Thai government would have taken help from other countries and stop thinking this nation can stand alone. Thailand has a Sia Na issue. "No man is an island"

Edited by Whyamiandwhatamidoinghere

BBC reporter finds missed evidence /parts of bomb opposite the shrine 3 days after the clear up. Dutifully takes it to Police HQ.

Police say "sorry we are closed" and the Reporter is left holding bits of shrapnel.

UNBELIEVABLE!!!!

Just goes to show the incompetence of the RTPolice. Why were they in such a hurry to re-open the shrine? It is patently obvious that a thorough forensic investigation of the scene was not performed. Koh Tao all over again. If Jonathan Head can discover what could be vital evidence 3 days after the event what else could have been missed. The mind boggles.

Here is the link with photographs http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-34007723

Of everything I've read so far, the most promising lead seems to be Pongpob Boonsaree, the so-called Facebook Prophet who posted the warnings and other related messages under a user name alluding to the Erawan shrine. He denies any involvement. The explanation he gave to police, that he was simply reposting what he found on a political discussion website, should be easy enough to suss out. It's not clear to me whether he is still in custody. The Thai language press has quite a bit of info about what he's saying, and the English press surprisingly little. Given the country's ability to monitor social media for offenses under Article 112, authorities should be able to follow any digital traces.