Bin Laden Dead ?

geoffphuket

I totally agree Suegha - and since the recent relentless bombing of Lebanon, how many more

20 year old Osama Bin Ladens have been added to the ranks .?

Funny, how nobody mentions all that relentless rockets attacks, suicide bombings, creating more terrorists in Israel...the poor, poor lebanese...give me a break!

Not sure what you mean. I was not making a value judgement one way of the other. I can't speak for midas, however, the point was that there are many more (for what ever reason) willing to continue in Osama's shoes. This is not justifying either 'sides' involvment or motivation, it's just a simple fact!

Facts fail to fly for Fox fans.

If he is dead, that's good news; one more scumbag terrorist gone. However, as one poster mentioned, there are plenty of others to take his place. These brainwashed militants breed like roaches; you may squash one but there are others.

Piffft, Its not like he was doing anything other than hiding in a cave for the last few years.

I guess the US will have to blame everything on somebody else now :o

He has probably shaved his face,wears contact lenses, and is staying at The Hilton.Maybe he is living next door to Mr Toxin....................who knows?He has enough cash to do just that.....!!

Piffft, Its not like he was doing anything other than hiding in a cave for the last few years.

I guess the US will have to blame everything on somebody else now

He may have been hiding in a cave, but he was definitely calling the shots. The US isn't blaming everything on one guy, but he's a big part of the problem our world faces today. Perhaps you need to brush up on current events :o

gbt71fa: if you going to put resolutions up and use that as an excuse, have a look at The US and especially Isreal. 17 is miniscule in comparison.

A terrorist will use anything to cause death or a point. They are labelled terrorists from "the west" as they cannot fathom a person would kill or mame with a road side bomb or a suicide bomber etc.

One of the reason they do it that way, is they dont have money to buy weapons or are not big enough in numbers to run in stealth. Other than the guys hiding behind the guise of "freedom givers" :o

There is a very small minority that do it for religious beliefs, so if you "people" look past Fox and do some research on the subject, you might find out that your thoughts are just that - your own.

Just because a guy wears a flak jacket and has a company (sorry I meant country) logo on his shoulder doesnt make him right.

I wonder how many the USA killed whilst I was posting this.

I wonder how many the "terrorists" killed whilst I was posting this.

I bet I know who won the 5 minutes.

Bomb Away!

.... they dont have money to buy weapons .....

well, they don't... do they? :D:o I won't dare to think the unimaginable... one day it might have come true....

in regards to the topic: I use a well known colummnists words "I don't give a hoot!"

Edited by Samuian

I hesitated to join this debate because I feared I would degenerate into a verbose attack against other countries. However, consider this, Israel has had a programme of expansion since its oriigin and seems to think that land that belonged to their kinfolk 2000 years ago should be theirs by right. Get real with that mind set. USA belongs to the Indians!!! They pursue there aims relentlessly.

Secondly the USA seem to think they have a god given right to tell the world how to conduct their affairs, really? what happened in New Orleans? you can put an army half way across the world but you cannot help fellow americans, why:? I accept this post will generate numerous pro american repies but its time guys faced reality and not EVERYONE in the world has a love for the good old USA.

My first impression on hearing the news is that it is classic disinformation, given just before a major attack.

It makes the psychological impact greater when, just after the smoke clears, OBL comes on the TV and glorifies in his victory.

Time will tell.

kenk3z

I hesitated to join this debate because I feared I would degenerate into a verbose attack against other countries. However, consider this, Israel has had a programme of expansion since its oriigin and seems to think that land that belonged to their kinfolk 2000 years ago should be theirs by right. Get real with that mind set. USA belongs to the Indians!!! They pursue there aims relentlessly.

Secondly the USA seem to think they have a god given right to tell the world how to conduct their affairs, really? what happened in New Orleans? you can put an army half way across the world but you cannot help fellow americans, why:? I accept this post will generate numerous pro american repies but its time guys faced reality and not EVERYONE in the world has a love for the good old USA.

Your history needs a little work :o

Bush holding up and enforcing international law

:o

In other news, torture and detention without trial are now INTERNATIONAL LAW! :D

Okay back to the topic... Why wasn't this guy captured years ago? Could it have been that whole unnecessary and unrelated war in Iraq?

You would almost think the Bush administration WANTS to turn the Arab world into its 21st century bogeyman, with the Soviet Union dead and all... nah, that's crazy talk...

Edited by SiriusBlack1

Does this guy even exist? The Al Quida network does that exist? I’m not so sure any more.

I think we might have been victims of the largest scam of all times by some extremely clever people. The 9/11 plays right into the hands of the oil thirsty America as they then could get hold of the mother of all oil claiming it to be a war against terror and Al Quida. How they managed to get that connection is still an open question. They also knew that a war that challenged the Muslim community, like calling it a holy war, a crusade, excessive brutality and the imprisonments of innocents in Quantanamo etc would call upon more “terrorists” to join the struggle thus showing that the “war on terror” is necessary and calls for more recourses and the whole business keeps expanding and will eventually spill over to other Moslem regions rich in natural recourses. The whole business is feed and directed by oil companies and defence contractors behind a screen provided by the American administration.

Its safe to say that Bin Laden, or the myth about him, is far more valuably alive as this will give the “war on terror” a continued alibi.

In 20-40 years time I’m sure that we will get the complete and true story. But by then it will be all gone, the oil that is.

Viking

Does this guy even exist? The Al Quida network does that exist? I’m not so sure any more.

I think we might have been victims of the largest scam of all times by some extremely clever people. The 9/11 plays right into the hands of the oil thirsty America as they then could get hold of the mother of all oil claiming it to be a war against terror and Al Quida. How they managed to get that connection is still an open question. They also knew that a war that challenged the Muslim community, like calling it a holy war, a crusade, excessive brutality and the imprisonments of innocents in Quantanamo etc would call upon more “terrorists” to join the struggle thus showing that the “war on terror” is necessary and calls for more recourses and the whole business keeps expanding and will eventually spill over to other Moslem regions rich in natural recourses. The whole business is feed and directed by oil companies and defence contractors behind a screen provided by the American administration.

Its safe to say that Bin Laden, or the myth about him, is far more valuably alive as this will give the “war on terror” a continued alibi.

In 20-40 years time I’m sure that we will get the complete and true story. But by then it will be all gone, the oil that is.

Viking

The guy exists - I know his brothers wife (Yes - Bin Ladens brothers wife). Well ex-wife to be more accurate - shes an English girl (daughter of a aristocratic English family oddly enough) who has met and talked to Usama on many occasion.

Think we need to understand something about Usama Bin Laden and the Bin Laden family.

This is no "camel jocky" family - the Bin Laden family in the MIddle East (Saudi) is like the Buffet family in the USA or Branson in the UK, or Rausings in Sweden - its a big prominent and very wealthy business family. Usama is just one member of this family, a family with many children, most of whom were educated at prominent European and/or USA universities.

The families wealth was generated by Usama's father and grandfather - construction - the Bin Laden family companies are the name behind just about every major Saudi and Kuwaiti construction project (from the building of facilites at Mecca, to highways and international airports - all built by Bin Laden family companies.

Bin Ladens children, his brothers and sisters and his wives all live normal daily lives like you and me - and a lot of them are intergrated into Western lifestyle(s). Usama was very much the black sheep.

He used to be a great supporter of the USA and was a CIA liason for the Mujahadeen (Afghanistan) during the Soviet invasion years. He fell out with the USA over its foreign policy in the Mid East - inparticular the USA's support of Ahmed Shah Masood (Northern Aliance) and its support of what he percieves is a corrupt Saudi regime. In summary - so long as there are USA (and European) soldiers peddling Western policy in the Mid - East he will be the inspration for anyone who disagrees with that policy (i.e. we run an ongoing risk of planes falling out the sky and similar acts of violence!).

As for the story he has died of typhoid - who knows. He does suffer from kidney diesese and needs to go on a dialysis machine on a regular basis, so he is not a well man.

I find it bizarre he has never been caught (considering just how high he is on the list of wanted people and the fforts that have been undertaken to catch him) and have often wondered if he has been custody for a long time - just that for some reason it is been kept secret. Unlikely though.

How has he managed to hide for long? The guy sticks out like a sore thumb - he is 6'7 1/2" tall - its not as though he can go anywhere without been noticed - if you are 2m tall you get noticed by people around you, and with the amount of money on offer for his capture - not one poor peasent has been tempted - odd (???) On the other hand, it emphasizes just how much the USA is hated in the Middle East if you stand to earn $25million but turn your nose up to it.

Objection to USA/UK troops in Iraq at the start of the invasion - about 14%. Current objection - over 75% (DOD's own figures!!!).

Tim

QUOTE(Thaipwriter @ 2006-09-23 22:59:34)

QUOTE(Neeranam @ 2006-09-23 22:11:32)

This weeks news is getting better, after I thought it never could!

Agreed, all we need now is that thickie Bush to cark it.

That would be something. Maybe, like in Thailand with Takhsin, they Americans will wake up to what their leader is doing, and how he is screwing them.

Rumor. Rumor. Rumor. Until it's confirmed it will be treated as an attempt at disinformation; trying to throw the dogs off his trail. As for thousands of 20-year-olds waiting to "take the mantel," well, they'd better have some funding behind them. And I mean a personal wealth that equals at least what all the top wage-earners who post on this site have made in their entire working lives--and maybe that's conservative. On that note, I don't know if there are thousands of those 20-year-olds hanging around to fill his shoes.

Viking

The guy exists - I know his brothers wife (Yes - Bin Ladens brothers wife). Well ex-wife to be more accurate - shes an English girl (daughter of a aristocratic English family oddly enough) who has met and talked to Usama on many occasion.

Think we need to understand something about Usama Bin Laden and the Bin Laden family.

This is no "camel jocky" family - the Bin Laden family in the MIddle East (Saudi) is like the Buffet family in the USA or Branson in the UK, or Rausings in Sweden - its a big prominent and very wealthy business family. Usama is just one member of this family, a family with many children, most of whom were educated at prominent European and/or USA universities.

The families wealth was generated by Usama's father and grandfather - construction - the Bin Laden family companies are the name behind just about every major Saudi and Kuwaiti construction project (from the building of facilites at Mecca, to highways and international airports - all built by Bin Laden family companies.

Bin Ladens children, his brothers and sisters and his wives all live normal daily lives like you and me - and a lot of them are intergrated into Western lifestyle(s). Usama was very much the black sheep.

He used to be a great supporter of the USA and was a CIA liason for the Mujahadeen (Afghanistan) during the Soviet invasion years. He fell out with the USA over its foreign policy in the Mid East - inparticular the USA's support of Ahmed Shah Masood (Northern Aliance) and its support of what he percieves is a corrupt Saudi regime. In summary - so long as there are USA (and European) soldiers peddling Western policy in the Mid - East he will be the inspration for anyone who disagrees with that policy (i.e. we run an ongoing risk of planes falling out the sky and similar acts of violence!).

As for the story he has died of typhoid - who knows. He does suffer from kidney diesese and needs to go on a dialysis machine on a regular basis, so he is not a well man.

I find it bizarre he has never been caught (considering just how high he is on the list of wanted people and the fforts that have been undertaken to catch him) and have often wondered if he has been custody for a long time - just that for some reason it is been kept secret. Unlikely though.

How has he managed to hide for long? The guy sticks out like a sore thumb - he is 6'7 1/2" tall - its not as though he can go anywhere without been noticed - if you are 2m tall you get noticed by people around you, and with the amount of money on offer for his capture - not one poor peasent has been tempted - odd (???) On the other hand, it emphasizes just how much the USA is hated in the Middle East if you stand to earn $25million but turn your nose up to it.

Objection to USA/UK troops in Iraq at the start of the invasion - about 14%. Current objection - over 75% (DOD's own figures!!!).

Tim

If the guy is still with us, I often wonder how he spends his fortune which is reported to jave been as high as $250 million. Does he keep a sack of cash in the back of one of his caves? Or maybe, he uses travelers checks. Funny that nobody has an opinion about his finances. We all agree that he has a lot but none of us have a clue as to how and where he spends it. It is hard to spend that much money living in cave. He couldn't wire transfer using his favorite bank.