Selling a Condo - Documents Needed?

I have a buyer for my condo, who has the money and is ready to go to the Land Office and transfer the deeds.

I have the original deeds together with lots of other official looking documents. I also have the 'Foreign Exchange Transfer Form' proving my funds to purchase the condo came from my own country. I have a sales contract in Thai. I also have a letter from the condo management stating I owe no monies to them.

Is there any other documents I need? Do I need a 'Proof of Residency' letter, the one you get from immigration or your embassy?

From what I understand, the buyer hands over the cashiers cheque for the full amount while at the Land Office. What about the tax? Can I pay that in cash on the day?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

It sounds like you have everything you need. You dont need a residence certificate.

You will need your FET form later to export your money (if you want to) but your farang buyer (assuming it is a farang buyer) will also need his own FET form to get the condo registered in his name. Without this the transfer will not happen.

Pay tax in cash on the day. You have to do this before the transfer is registered. Make sure the cashier's cheque is genuine and correctly filled out.

You'll need to prove that you:

transferred money legally to buy a condo (FEX document)

bought a condo (sales contract and copy of deed with your name on it)

sold a condo (sales contract)

got paid for the condo sale (copy of check)

paid the taxes/duties that are due (copy of receipt)

proof that you own no money to the condo board (letter from juristic person)

proof that the transfer does not exceed the farang/Thai ownership ration (letter from condo management)

You'll also need to:

complete a request to sell THB and buy the proper currency (bank form)

complete a SWIFT form to transfer money to your home account (bank form)

"Can I pay that in cash on the day?"

Cash, cashier's check, or a combination of both

The following calculator will provide an exceptionally accurate estimate for tax due: www.acuterealty.com/Calculator.asp

If your cashier's check is insufficient, you'll pay the difference in cash. If your cashier's check is too large, you won't get a refund.