Police are seeking arrest warrant for suspected bomber

Lite Beer

Police are seeking arrest warrant for suspected bomber

19-8-2558-16-03-38-wpcf_728x406.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Police have distributed a sketch of the Ratchaprasong’s suspected bomber and are in the process of seeking a warrant from the court for his arrest, said Pol Lt-Gen Prawuth Thavornsiri, spokesman of the Royal National Police Office, on Wednesday.

He disclosed that police managed to locate the spot where the suspect took a motorcycle taxi for a ride to the Erawan Shrine at the Ratchaprasong intersection on Monday night, but he declined to elaborate.

He said that uniformed and plainclothes policemen had been dispatched to communities and locations where foreigners usually frequent or stay to look out for the suspect.

He asked for cooperation from members of the public to immediately report to the police if they saw anyone who looks like the man in the sketch.

Meanwhile this afternoon, the entry to BTS station at Nana and part of the in-bound Sukhumvit road from the station to Ploenchit was temporarily closed as EOD officials checked a suspicious object placed beneath the station.

The object turned out to be an empty paper box wrapped up in plastic tape.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/police-are-seeking-arrest-warrant-for-suspected-bomber

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-08-19

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I thought he took a different mode of transport to the shrine but took a motorbike taxi back to soi 9 and walked down it.

That Soi has two cemeteries and a couple of large empty overgrown plots of land. Easy to find an area to change and stash old clothes. Two hotels down there are Sathorn Inn and WE Hostel.

Also theres bar UNCLE round the corner, hope anyone leaving there might have spotted something.

Maybe he used the soi to change and walked through to Surasak perhaps. There's also Khlong Sathon at the end of the soi, so he could have dumped a bag in there quite easily

Is this sketch from witnesses cause it really doesn't look like the CCTV footage which clearly has more Western facial features.

Initially it was clearly a foreigner now that they can't find him, he might be Thai?

TIT

Another stinking mess by thai police, take complete incompetence to release fact you about try make an arrest if indeed they are at all !

I'm sure prayut will think it another perfect job just like stinking case at koh tao which all hush hush & even tv avoiding debate :-/

Edited by BuckBee

Consider if this was well planned...it would explain some things.....

The man wore a bright yellow t-shirt....and wrist/arm bands.... it was almost like he was trying to attract attention.

I know he attached a backpack/bag to the fence...but I wonder if he was a decoy.

Who would wear a shirt like that, while doing this...and being so identifiable? Perhaps he was rushed out of the country already.

Incidently, as an aside, this blast is a big distraction from the Koh Tao trial, currently in session.

Both cases will indefinitely destroy Thailand as a Tourist destination ...

No it will not !!

You're likely right Yahooka..........people will continue to arrive in similar numbers....regardless.

"Police are seeking arrest warrant "

Where is it Somchai?

Not sure Admiral General Sir! I must've dropped it when I was writing a fake traffic citation...hhhmmm?

How and why do they need to seek an arrest warrant when rounding up suspects for questioning?

The perpetrators will never be found out, but 2 weeks from now the "General" will issue the following statement at a press conference:

" Foreign powers, strongly involved in criticizing our way to bring Thailand back onto the right track into the future (Dictatorship) have now decided to destabilize Thailand as a whole and especially the Tourist-Sector. But we will stand firm against outside attacks".

This or something similar will emerge.(Wanna bet ?)

BTW: "disturbing the social structure of this country that consists of harmony, derived from seniority and social standing." In English: The 50 "ruling-families" in Thailand have no interest in any change of affairs. The General will see to it. With or without bombs.

Cheers.

The man wore a bright yellow t-shirt....and wrist/arm bands.... it was almost like he was trying to attract attention.

I know he attached a backpack/bag to the fence...but I wonder if he was a decoy.

Who would wear a shirt like that, while doing this...and being so identifiable? Perhaps he was rushed out of the country already.

Perhaps after serving his purpose he received a bullet in the head and is now planted in a hole somewhere, never to be found alive.

Smart people do cover their tracks,

and this is Thailand.

I think some people are overestimating the intelligence of the bomber. Anyone over the age of 10 must assume that as the centre of Bangkok in more ways than one, Ratchaprasong junction is stuffed with closed circuit cameras. It's one of the most conspicuous places in Thailand, as cameras have revealed.

There are far more discrete places without ubiquitous cameras to plant a bomb that could still have a devastating effect, ie on one of the express boats packed with tourists.

And the Taksin bridge farce, hurling the bomb in desperation, hitting a pole. Hardly the act of a seasoned and experienced terrorist.

Incidently, as an aside, this blast is a big distraction from the Koh Tao trial, currently in session.

Both cases will indefinitely destroy Thailand as a Tourist destination ...

No it will not !!

You're likely right Yahooka..........people will continue to arrive in similar numbers....regardless.

Chinese tourists will stay at home for quite a while. Just wait for the cancellations to start rolling in

I really wonder the accuracy of this "sketch".

Pitiful the police sketch artist is unable to draw an image that clearly distinguishes whether or not the suspect is a Thai or falang.

I'd be inclined to suggest the Thai government seek help from some foreign governments to deal with this.

Perhaps after serving his purpose he received a bullet in the head and is now planted in a hole somewhere, never to be found alive.

Smart people do cover their tracks,

and this is Thailand.

There is always a witness no matter what..

Wearing yellow on a Monday is an honored tradition.