Riding while listening to music with earbuds inside helmet

Lucky33

I've never done it but contemplated many times on longer trips putting in my ear buds and listening to my favorite music while riding down the road. I realize that this will keep out ambient sounds that might warn me of an impending accident but the sound level is already so high at 100 KPH and above I wonder how much of a factor that will be. Also I was wondering if one you put your helmet on with the ear buds in place do they tend to stay there or do they work their way out of your ear? Any advice/experience appreciated.

Just not a good idea all the way around. Eventualy you may start to turn the volume up at higher speeds....Then when slowing down and get distracted....just something else to help get you slaughterd on the road....Theres a reason why its illlegal.....

i never have any distractions while riding my big bike in Thailand.

even glancing at your instruments is a dangerous thing to do.

It is so dangerous on the roads here even a one second glance away from the road could be fatal.

it is just like a war zone.

does it seem like the Thais are trying to kill you while you are riding your bike? because they are. they don't care about you at all.

Just not a good idea all the way around. Eventualy you may start to turn the volume up at higher speeds....Then when slowing down and get distracted....just something else to help get you slaughterd on the road....Theres a reason why its illlegal.....

I've never heard of it being illegal in Thailand

Just a couple of days ago I had earphones in and got stopped at a police checkpoint and they didn't say a word about the earphones

Although I use them for listening to GPS navigation rather than music, it saves me having to stop and check the map every few minutes

I have a sena SMH10 Bluetooth system mounted on my helmet and it is the ducks guts !

I can listen to music and GPS directions , streamed from my iPhone and I can receive and make calls whilst riding.

It is no more distracting than listening to a radio in a car and it also allows you to talk to your passenger and any other riders that have a similar system.

As for Thai people trying to kill you maybe you should learn to deal with it.

Yes, I listen to music through my earbuds all the time. They offer some protection against the noise of my pipe. I don't see it as a distraction, I mean, don't we have car radios.

I find sometimes when you put your helmet on, the ear buds don't sit right or seal in your ear - wearing a balaclava keeps them tight.

I have a Sena smh-20 - it's got it's faults .. But, it connects to my GPS and the phone to play music or pickup calls. One thing that often causes distraction and leads to doing dangerous things is having a phone vibrating away in your pocket and stopping on the hard shoulder to tell the wife you are 10 mins away.

The 20 has a dedicated port for earbuds whereas the other models aren't so convenient, the voice commands, reduce the amount of times you touch your phone or helmet controls.

On special until the end of the month from Sena TH.

Forget it, when riding a motorbike in Thailand, you have to be aware of everything that is going on around you, not being distracted by music.

You have to content with bad driving, and bad roads while riding, all the time, not some of the time. Forget the earbuds and keep safe.

Thanks for the Sena info guys, I'll look into getting one, I was just thinking about sticking my earbuds in my ears and running the cable to my phone.

You can also purchase ear buds that will conform to the shape of your ear and less chance of them working their way out.

I have a sena SMH10 Bluetooth system mounted on my helmet and it is the ducks guts !

I can listen to music and GPS directions , streamed from my iPhone and I can receive and make calls whilst riding.

It is no more distracting than listening to a radio in a car and it also allows you to talk to your passenger and any other riders that have a similar system.

As for Thai people trying to kill you maybe you should learn to deal with it.

"It is no more distracting than listening to a radio in a car'

This is the guy you need to watch out for..bit hard when your doing the same

Archived