Bounty for Ratchaprasong bomber now rises to 3 million baht

webfact

Bounty for Ratchaprasong bomber now rises to 3 million baht

21-8-2558-12-53-11-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The reward for anyone who could give information that leads to arrest of the Ratchaprasong bomber now rises to three million baht, Royal Thai Police commissioner Pol Gen Somyot Poompunmoung said today.

He said the increased reward came from contributions from individuals.

The national police chief also reiterated a theory that the Ratchaprasong bombing was not international terrorism as information exchange from Interpol did not indicate any terrorism movement.

He also revealed preliminary investigation indicated there was no connection between Ratchaprasong and Sathorn bombings

The Sathorn bombing was likely intended to create disturbance and seemed to resemble the Siam Paragon bombing last year.

However the police still do not rule any possible theory, he added.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/bounty-for-ratchaprasong-bomber-now-rises-to-3-million-baht

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-08-21

Two bombs on the same day and not connected? Yes one did not kill, because it was mis-thrown and bounced, had it landed where there were people, it would have. Is this more of piss- poor translations? I hope so.

First one the second attack take place one day later wink.png

Second, Some people could use the occasion to use bomber to disturb public.... but wait now result of investigation

3 million, I will keep my eyes open and be vigilant. wink.png

Two bombs on the same day and not connected? Yes one did not kill, because it was mis-thrown and bounced, had it landed where there were people, it would have. Is this more of piss- poor translations? I hope so.

First one the second attack take place one day later wink.png

Second, Some people could use the occasion to use bomber to disturb public.... but wait now result of investigation

^^ Yeah gives me an idea, I know a really skinny guy...

^ I am corrected, thanks. I still think the second bomb was meant to inflict harm though, and it was sheer luck it didn't.

They will get a shock when they see that maybe not everybody can be bought as its the style here ...

If anyone comes foreward with info, that they should have given days ago, then they should be arrested for obstructing Justice but TiT where Justice really dosent exist ...

Edited by Jimlove

I expect there are a few families with lookalikes that are being prodded in the direction of the police station right now. Imagine the queues. I expect they are even being forced to wear the same outfit and rucksack to make sure.

These people really need to be on the same page before making public statements.

The OP states that the two bomb incidents are unrelated. Yet, i have just read:

"The source said a forensic examination of the scene of the deadly explosion at the Ratchaprasong Intersection and an explosion at Sathorn Pier the following day found that the devices contained ball bearings, which could easily be obtained in Thailand".
Read it yourselves, its on here:

"Bounty for Ratchaprasong bomber now rises to 3 million baht"

Another way of saying: "Case closed, we don't give a damn anymore"

You dont say !!! So they have given up ?,all wise one .

Edited by anto

Seems to me they are throwing money trying to catch the bomber ..When most likely he could have already left Thailand the same evening when the bomb went off .. Also make sense to run off to Lumpini park because of the MRT to Petchburi / Makkasan airport link plus what not to say he was staying at a hotel near to the Airport ...

....the higher the "reward" goes...the higher the chance of someone being "fitted" up for the crime...

in other words if any of our esteemed TV posters have curly dark hair...go get it cut immediately...and if you own a yellow T shirt....trash it...otherwise your longtime friendly Thai neighbour will suddenly get a sniff of that 3 million on offer and change his/her demeanour

make it five million, and I'll let you know what planet he is on

for 10 million, i'll list 10 countries he is NOT in..

20 million I'll get his height, give or take 10 inches

30 million the color of his t-shirt over the last month

100 million one letter that will be in either his name or nickname or password or username or friend's name

I find it interesting and revealing that to date the authorities have only posted speculative information regarding the forensic data from both bombs. They have had plenty of time to determine the metallurgy and the potential explosive. Yet they can leap from one rational suspect to a gang of ten without a single shred of evidence.

Acts like this are seldom carried out by lone wolfs but for Gods sake get some tangible evidence before joining the dots and not mere supposition.

Folks whined about 1 million is not enough, and now this....more whining.

I think 3 million is about right.

================

One of those sketches I saw (the one w/ no glasses & the short black haircut) looks EXACTLY like the accountant at a BKK company I used to work with.

Unless he's been kidnapped by the Taliban & brainwashed though, I'm certain it isn't him.

On the other hand, he is stupid enough to go drop off a backpack like that if someone asked him to.

How much for the guy in the blue shirt who kicked the other bomb off of the bridge at the pier on the same night? It exploded the next day. He was seen on cctv. It seems to me he was disposing of this bomb and opens up some interesting scenarios.

Edited by DavisH

The whining here is unbelievable. When the reward was 1M so many complained it wasn't enough. When it was raised then the police is clueless, the bomber has already left the country etc.

Wouldn't it be better if all the Thai bashers stuck to the beer Chang thread instead?

Edited by pmugghc