Catching a flight at Don Mueng in 630am

ongengwai

Hello, would love to hear some suggestions from you

I am catching a flight tomorrow morning at 0630 at Don Mueng airport Saturday morning.

I think the last Bell's minivan to Don Mueng is 1330, which is already past.

What do you think is the best way to reach Don Mueng early morning from Pattaya, apart from driving myself, or having my wife to drive for me ?

I am willing to take bus, minivan, I am happy to wait a few hours in Bangkok / Don Mueng, I am willing to change mode of transport once I am in Bangkok.

Is there any possibility I can take a bus / minivan to Don Mueng / Bangkok around the wee hours of 12am, 1am, 2am ?

Or I am stuck with taxi ? And if I have to pay taxi, how much is the fair price for Don Mueng ?

taxi Don Mueng 1,500 baht .... or around $40

not bad considering no hassles ...... whistling.gif

or if you want a free ride you could hitch hike .......

Taxi with MrT (and others) only 1200 baht thumbsup.gif

yup, I wanted to quote him the highest price so he can allow for his budget ...

For me thats a few beers with friends ... why would you bother trying to get a minivan or anything else ??

Given the cost of the flight, an extra 1500 baht or so for a taxi is small beer in the order of things. Messing around with buses and changes and then arriving knocked out just isn't worth it.

This is true, but the regular Jomtien airport bus is such a doddle to use and so cheap that it compares well to a taxi (at least it does if the Jomtien terminal is convenient for you).

I use it to go to Bangkok for the day.

I have done the 0630 type of flights before. I don't mind being up at 4 AM out partying and then going to bed, but getting up to take a taxi and start a trip is no fun. I highly recommend you go up the day before and hotel it for a night. If you have a long flight and travel day ahead of you, starting relatively fresh from a hotel can make the day much more pleasant. Plus it reduces the risk of taxi breakdown, crazy traffic delays, etc.

opposite the chinese supermarket (other side of the road) there is a person sat next to a large camera Not a real one but on a shop!) and they have minivan that leaves every 15 minutes 24/7 for 99baht, goes to monument in BKK unless things have changed. I asked about it maybe 6 - 8 weeks ago when I thought I needed to go to the embassy in BKK but worked out I didnt so didnt use the service but I did go there and ask and that is what she told me, might not be the same person if its a 24/7 operation obviously

opposite the chinese supermarket (other side of the road) there is a person sat next to a large camera Not a real one but on a shop!) and they have minivan that leaves every 15 minutes 24/7 for 99baht, goes to monument in BKK unless things have changed. I asked about it maybe 6 - 8 weeks ago when I thought I needed to go to the embassy in BKK but worked out I didnt so didnt use the service but I did go there and ask and that is what she told me, might not be the same person if its a 24/7 operation obviously

Where is this Chinese supermarket ???

I think he is talking about Friendship in Pattaya Tai

I think he is talking about Friendship in Pattaya Tai

Yes sorry my apologies - opposite the Friendship on Tai as stated