Foreigners with passing resemblance to Bangkok bomber under spotlight

webfact

When they detain some West Asian or Middle-Eastern Muslims, they'll be on the right track. All farang look the same to Thai, so RTP doesn't have a clue who to interrogate.

They should be questioning people on their resemblance to the CCTV image.

Not nationality and certainly not faith.

From that image the guy could be foreign but could also very well be Thai.

"RT@dicklp: EXCLUSIVE in @thetimes: Thai police seek man named ‘Mohamad Museyin’ #BangkokBomb https://t.co/sAsHctS7Xu"

whistling.gif
Mohamad Museyin doesn't sound Thai to me. Sounds like a Turkish Muslim.

That report has been dismissed by Thai Police.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/850176-police-refute-the-times-report-naming-suspect/

Edited by Bluespunk

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When they detain some West Asian or Middle-Eastern Muslims, they'll be on the right track. All farang look the same to Thai, so RTP doesn't have a clue who to interrogate.

They should be questioning people on their resemblance to the CCTV image.

Not nationality and certainly not faith.

From that image the guy could be foreign but could also very well be Thai.

"RT@dicklp: EXCLUSIVE in @thetimes: Thai police seek man named ‘Mohamad Museyin’ #BangkokBomb https://t.co/sAsHctS7Xu"

whistling.gif

Mohamad Museyin doesn't sound Thai to me. Sounds like a Turkish Muslim.

That report has been dismissed by Thai Police.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/850176-police-refute-the-times-report-naming-suspect/

There you go. Somyot denies it, so the bomber must be a foreigner, no a Thai, no a foreigner with 10 in a conspiracy network, no some of the network must be Thai, there's no international terrorism connection.

Which fabrication from Somyot do you want to choose?

What I want is for this scumbag to be brought to justice based on evidence.

What I want is the hunt for him not to be based on unsubstantiated assumptions about his nationality and/or faith.

Edited by Bluespunk

I have seen plenty of Chinese that look just like that. He could be any number of nationalities, he certainly could very well be a Thai national.

I got it! Man, why wasn't I thinking about it... It's Michael Jackson! He just faked his death to be able to carry out the shrine bombing perfectly incognito... But honestly, that bomber looks like a genderless nobody he/she is so average looking that it hurts. If it really is a network they definitely chose the right "guygaygirlthing" for the job...

Edited by MockingJay

IF, I say IF the sketch is close to accurate,, I'd say most like not completely Asian, I can't remember the last time I saw an Asian person, with that amount of facial hair/stubble,,,, Or an Asian person with THAT curly of hair,, Possibly a wig yes.. but to go to the trouble of adding, "stubble" to your face to hide your true apperance,, but then wear a HIGHLY visible/descriptive shirt makes no sense.... Granted could be a mixed race Asian person, but from the sketch, I'd guess some Middle Eastern, etc, etc,, at least in part...

Edited by Adeeos

Consider how paranoid the govt. are when it comes to everyone, and all the invasive facets of the police state: the photos at the border, the 90 day reporting, the phone registrations etc...and the massive amounts of CCTV on every corner and most of the sois etc...imagine the millions of baht spent on all this.

Now I'm sure the justification is that all this security is to "keep us safe". Well, the Erawan Shrine has to be one of the most CCTV'd places in Bangkok, and they have no idea who the perp of this atrocity is. In that case we might conclude that the police state cannot and clearly does not keep anyone safe. At best it might allow some sort of revenge if the bomber is caught, and even this seems more unlikely as time ticks by. What useful function does all this serve again? I seem to have forgotten...

There is some very good face recoginition software out there now and we all know paranoid the Thai Immigration Officers are that we look into the camera properly when doing business with them - Airports, offices etc. I hope it works!

Actually, even the very best facial-recognition software is very much a crapshoot, and is easy to fool/subject to large percentages of false positives and missed matches.

Don't confuse what you see in movies and TV drama for reality.

The worst thing is Britain offered help, with all their knowledge of bombings, IRA etc. and the General turned them down

how dumb is that? djjamie is very quiet maybe he's finally waking up and smelling the coffee

given all the times they reject some of the world best investigative-forensic expertise one must wonder if the possibility they do not want the real perpetrators found ???

Or an Asian person with THAT curly of hair,, Possibly a wig yes.. but to go to the trouble of adding, "stubble" to your face to hide your true apperance,, but then wear a HIGHLY visible/descriptive shirt makes no sense....

Utter nonsense.

Of course it makes sense to either wear a wig or keep one's long, curly locks, because then the wig can be discarded or the hair shorn - and one can easily administer a buzz-cut oneself.

Of course it makes sense to wear a highly-visible, easily-described T-shirt, because it's easy to discard.

Of course it makes sense to leave stubble on one's face, and then shave it completely smooth after the deed.

I wish people would actually think before they post here. It would improve the quality of the forum while at the same time drastically reducing the number of posts one has to wade through in search of elusive intelligent commentary.

The worst thing is Britain offered help, with all their knowledge of bombings, IRA etc. and the General turned them down

how dumb is that? djjamie is very quiet maybe he's finally waking up and smelling the coffee

given all the times they reject some of the world best investigative-forensic expertise one must wonder if the possibility they do not want the real perpetrators found ???

I'm sure they do want the real perpetrators found. But they want control of that information so they can decide how to play it to best suit their agenda and maximize their opportunity. Add that to arrogance, know all never wrong attitude and always supremely important aspect of face, and they never take offered help.

Britain has considerable experience and expertise. The excellent AFP have officers permanently based here and immediately offered their help. US agencies are normally quick to respond positively to requests for help. But no, don't need, don't want, will do ourselves. And seemingly, like all the other big cases over the last few years, will be handled incompetently, unprofessionally and go no where.

....someone...is going to be "fitted" up for this bombing...I sense it coming...

...can you picture it...?
Big boss putting the pressure on the boys in brown.....

Tourism Minister looking at numbers of visitors falling.....

24 approx countries have issued travel warnings......

Thai economy already sluggish...a drop in tourism numbers will make it worse.....

...and so on.......

The guy in the photo looks like the average asian. Well, he could be a bold guy with a wig, he also could be anybody with some mixed blood, he could be native American, i.o.w. he could be anybody living on this planet.

WHY wear a HIGHLY visible shirt, that can be tracked through a Sea of people?... only to discard?,, why not wear a non-descript shirt, average color, NOT easily trackable in a crown, and then discard it?... Wouldn't THAT make more sense?

Why not wear a surgical mask like 1000's do in Bkk and hide your face knowing Bkk is full with cameras. We can only speculate as we know nothing atm. Life goes on. Whoever turns out to be the culprit damage is done: 20 died basically for nothing as no statement by the culprits has been made, no manifesto, nothing... Stakes are high for all parties...

Of course it's good that the Police investigates all foreigners in Thailand but i don't like the fact they publish all full names.

Publishing names has no function at all and might even damage the persons career/private life, now and in the future.

If i was a tourist planning to go to Thailand for holiday and looked similar to the bomber then i sure wouldn't come.

Respect our privacy please dear General!

The OP refers to what the foreigner said to the Nation during an interview.

I don't see where the police (or government) have been naming anyone that has been questioned regarding the bombings.

Media, not police

Edited by chrisinth

This puts us all in the spotlight then.blink.png Should be an interesting flight home in 10 days. Silly me what am I thinking!! they will find someone to hang it on before then.

Edited by a99az