Dog Needs Home

girlx

no tension! i just get irritated with the mods always censoring :o... but that's their job. sorry to get snooty, sbk, was in a bad mood the other day. i have put some flyers around already though will put more. PAC doesn't give a crap, talked to them months ago about this. still asking around. may end up staying through rainy season after all if i can manage to get one contract i have been waiting for, but it is hard to work when it is storming and no electricity so still hoping to find someone. even offering free rent and food is not enough to entice someone to stay here and watch her while i am gone, thus far.

I am starting to get a bit annoyed here,

Are you really loving that dog who we know as "puppy* or are you the Puppy" in this situation? Never get a dog agian, îf you are going to abandon it six months or a year later....

I wîsh you luck perhaps not for your pup.

girlx, have u thought about asking the samui dog rescue to kennel the dog for you whilst your away. You offer to pay for it's upkeep whilst your away? I have no idea if they do this but it's worth asking? Or the vet in Samui may know of private people who offer this kind of service. I can't beleive on Samui at least that there isn't some sort of dog watching service!

I would not recommend the dogrescue center for boarding a dog, too many ticks and diseases there, it might be very possible the dog is dead after the 6 months. there is another kennel here on samui which does this, it is more acceptable but i don't think they would do it for such a long time and it costs about 300 baht per day.

Edited by elfe

patsycat i did not adopt this dog (whose name is 'puppy'), my friends found her in a bad state on the road when she was really small. they were leaving the next day so i took her in from them. i had no plans on keeping her, but what should i have done, abandoned her then? i ended up feeding her and she stuck around. i would love to stay on koh phangan full time for the next ten years but it is not practical as there is not the infrastructure to support my work. as others say, i am trying to find a good situation for her rather than leave her at the mercy of the thais and other dogs. i would love it if you kept your judgements to yourself.

patsycat i did not adopt this dog (whose name is 'puppy'), my friends found her in a bad state on the road when she was really small. they were leaving the next day so i took her in from them. i had no plans on keeping her, but what should i have done, abandoned her then? i ended up feeding her and she stuck around. i would love to stay on koh phangan full time for the next ten years but it is not practical as there is not the infrastructure to support my work. as others say, i am trying to find a good situation for her rather than leave her at the mercy of the thais and other dogs. i would love it if you kept your judgements to yourself.

Triple tag mud wrestling? :o

You go girl. A lot of people on this thread have made a lot of assumptions about you, what you're doing, what you're thinking, etc. and almost every time you have proven them wrong. People should learn to get the whole story before throwing their assumptions around.

Since there are so many dog lovers reading this thread, I have a few questions.

I just got a little puppy, about 6 weeks. I got him from a Thai family and I want to get her all the medical things I need to do. So can someone please tell me what shots, pills, etc. I need to get for her. Also the prices I should expect and where the best place on the island (samui) is to do all this.

Thanks,

Mafaso and my new dog.post-16633-1160536927_thumb.jpg

take your new dog to the animal clinic opposite the fair house resort on chaweng ringroad or to dr somsak clinic close to the post office on chaweng ring road. they will know what shots, deworming etc to give to your puppy. it's not expensive. good luck :o