Early renewal retirement extension

I was passing through Soi 5 this morning, so I thought I would call in immigration and confirm what Ubonjoe said,

by the way thay have a nice new information desk since I was last in there, decorated with two stunning girls, I almost forgot what I went in for.

I asked them could I renew my retirement extension 45 days early, they said no only 30days early. I said Ubonjoe said I could do it 45 days early. They gave me a weard look then said I can do it 45 day early but I need to ask the IO before hand.

I know I should have asked the question while I was there but these girls took my mind right of the job.

How long before hand do you need to request for 45 days early, is like a day, a week, two minutes or what?.

thanks in advance for your input.

OP, for my 40 day early renewal I just turned up. No advance notice / request. Nothing said by the IO during the process.

Maybe I was lucky or just possible that they were more amenable to allowing early renewals due to, in my case, the upcoming Songkran holidays.

Stupid question but Just so I understand correct. if I go there lets say 30 days before its time then I need to show the money 90 days prior to that day I go there,

not when I suppose to go there when the extension is due to renewal after 12 months. Have to be like that or else it will just be 60 days for the money, just want to be sure.

90 days before what ever time you apply the money need to be there if use the 800k option.correct?

Edited by INV

Stupid question but Just so I understand correct. if I go there lets say 30 days before its time then I need to show the money 90 days prior to that day I go there,

not when I suppose to go there when the extension is due to renewal after 12 months. Have to be like that or else it will just be 60 days for the money, just want to be sure.

90 days before what ever time you apply the money need to be there if use the 800k option.correct?

The seasoning of your money have to correct on the date of the extension application. (Not on the current extension expire date)

And no special permission is required to apply for the extension up to 45 days before the expire date.

My permission to stay was to expire 21-Jan-2015 and I was planning a trip to the USA of undetermined length in December, so in Mid-November 2014, I went to desk #8 at the Immigrations Office in Jomtien and asked the female assistant there if I could come in at the very beginning of December to get a retirement extension, acknowledging it would be more than 45 days in advance. She said I could even do it that day (60 days prior) but I hadn't yet transferred the money needed for a combination (income+savings) qualification.

I "eventually" went on 26-Nov-2014, when I was sure nobody would recall our conversation from the previous week, but nobody batted an eyelash. Received my extension on 26-Nov-2014, 56 (?) days in advance of my permission to stay expiring.

I was passing through Soi 5 this morning, so I thought I would call in immigration and confirm what Ubonjoe said,

by the way thay have a nice new information desk since I was last in there, decorated with two stunning girls, I almost forgot what I went in for.

I asked them could I renew my retirement extension 45 days early, they said no only 30days early. I said Ubonjoe said I could do it 45 days early. They gave me a weard look then said I can do it 45 day early but I need to ask the IO before hand.

I know I should have asked the question while I was there but these girls took my mind right of the job.

How long before hand do you need to request for 45 days early, is like a day, a week, two minutes or what?.

thanks in advance for your input.

Favorite answer here---whatever makes him happy and makes him go away.