Stock Market CRASH Thread....Are we all doomed?

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But, when to sell? That is the challenge.

Especially if you disregard the fundamentals of the companies you invest in, as is apparently quite normal among people who refer to themselves as investors.

No wonder we get all these bubbles, just look at the Facebook thread, multiple people chiming in on how FB is a “strong buy” even though they are currently valued at over three hundred billion dollars and generate about one percentage of that in profit.

Hopefully people investing in FB know how to setup a stop-loss order.

If this and if that.

If you had invested 100 million in Worldcom in 1998, then now you would have nothing.

and if you had invested anything at all with Bernie Madoff or Jon Corzine you would have nothing and you would be highly embarrassed at being so stupidgiggle.gif

Edited by Asiantravel

this one seems like a pretty dim bulb.

complains about a crash, yet appears to still have substantial assets in stocks during one of the higest markets on record.

mee guess does not have the balls to sell now for some reason. nothing new to report here.

there was no recovery and next crash, say bye bye to your retirement.

too many countries are totally broke.

don't belive me? that's ok, one day your retirement money won't show up on your bank account. what will you do?

I might sell some of my land, properties, shares, gold, bitcoins or raid my own bank accounts in other countries...

It would be really foolish these days to keep "all" of your assets and wealth in a single institution imo... Or even in a single country

The broader you can diversify the better got can guard against a total wipe out and many financial "experts" are saying its only a matter of time before the current system will implode...

• 1 month later...

Time to BUY BUY BUY blood on the streets ( so a famous person said oh that was meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee)

I have bad news for you.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/era-buy-dip-over-jpm-110000022.html;_ylt=AwrXgiO604xWyBYAxw6TmYlQ;_ylu=X3oDMTE0aGN0MWo5BGNvbG8DZ3ExBHBvcwMyBHZ0aWQDVklEUUJDS18xBHNlYwNzYw--

The era of 'buy the dip' is over: JPM strategist

Time to BUY BUY BUY blood on the streets ( so a famous person said oh that was meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee)

I have bad news for you.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/era-buy-dip-over-jpm-110000022.html;_ylt=AwrXgiO604xWyBYAxw6TmYlQ;_ylu=X3oDMTE0aGN0MWo5BGNvbG8DZ3ExBHBvcwMyBHZ0aWQDVklEUUJDS18xBHNlYwNzYw-- The era of 'buy the dip' is over: JPM strategist

So where is the smart money being invested now?

I have bad news for you.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/era-buy-dip-over-jpm-110000022.html;_ylt=AwrXgiO604xWyBYAxw6TmYlQ;_ylu=X3oDMTE0aGN0MWo5BGNvbG8DZ3ExBHBvcwMyBHZ0aWQDVklEUUJDS18xBHNlYwNzYw--

The era of 'buy the dip' is over: JPM strategist

Not necessarily bad. The elevated volatility brings good opportunities for traders. Apart from that, don't weigh these analysts too much.

I have bad news for you.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/era-buy-dip-over-jpm-110000022.html;_ylt=AwrXgiO604xWyBYAxw6TmYlQ;_ylu=X3oDMTE0aGN0MWo5BGNvbG8DZ3ExBHBvcwMyBHZ0aWQDVklEUUJDS18xBHNlYwNzYw-- The era of 'buy the dip' is over: JPM strategist

So where is the smart money being invested now?

money.jpg

• 4 weeks later...