Phuket Retirement Visa here we go ....(any local/latest tips pls ?)

Hi All,

I have two kids half Thai/Half Brit with all Thai paperwork (ie Birth Certicate/Passport/Court document stating their mine)

Last year Immigration also wanted a TessaBahn document stating the kids were mine.

I've had a dependent/guardian visa for a couple of years, but but a couple of reasons they prefer my ex to come along.

Therefore I just think I'll go retirement visa/extension this time.

I've had 1Million in the bank for 4 months, so copies of bank book, will need TM7, photos, proof of address, hand drawn map and photocopies of everything x 2 etc etc

Any other tips please or can any one recommend a good agent/company who will do the trip(s) for me without charging circa 25k thb ?

Many thanks,

Cheers,

SB.

First of all forget the map and all that stuff, and do NOT forget that a bankbook alone will not do it. you need to have a letter of proof of your saldo on that bankbook issued by your bank (100-200 baht in charge).'Here comes the demands in total for you;

Rest of the demands for an extension of stay for basis of retirement is;

1) Application Form (TM7) with one photograph (size 4x6 cm.)

2) Passport and its photocopy with certified true copy by the alien

x Application fee: 1,900 Baht

3) Proof from your bank via a confirmationletter what todays saldo actually is. I suggest you withdraw or deposit maybe 100 baht just to get a todays date saldo..

4) copy of your yellow book OR copy of your wifes blue book

5) copy of Thai driver licens

6) if not have yellow book, copy of invoice of water, internet or electric i.e. giving proof of your home here in Thailand.

Good luck

Glegolo

Edited by glegolo
  • Like 2

You will need to get confirmation of residence before going for the actual extension. You get that confirmation as a printed slip that gets stapled into your ppt. That is done downstairs, not on the upper level, inquire with the volunteer who will check your documents before passing yu on to the Immi gent who issues the residence slip.

After you have the residence slip go upstairs to the volunteer who will look over your documents and tell you what is missing or if all OK. If OK you get passed on the Immi person next to him who again looks over the docs and if OK will pass you onward to another Immi desk for more checking and if all OK you get a slip with direction come back for afternoon (or next day morning) pickup. At that pickup you show your return slip, wait to get photographed (long wait) and finally get the finished ppt.

Tedious, the most tedious in my 13 renewal here. But that's the only game in town.

• Like 2

A letter from the bank stating the saldo of your bank account is not enough. You have to ask the bank to also print out a statement of transaction for the last three months prior to the date of the letter. The statement should also carry the bank's letterhead and must be "stamped" and signed by the bank officer.

Recently, I was given the bank run around when I applied for my extension. First I was told to get the bank to "stamp" and sign my copies of bank book pages. All documents were accepted by the volunteer immigration officer and 2 other Thai immigration officers. Paid my 1,900THB fee and was told to come back in the afternoon to collect the pp. Just after lunch, got a call from Phuket Immigration telling me that the "boss" does not accept the photocopied (stamped & signed) bank book pages. Have to make another trip the the bank for the 3-month transaction statement.

Kudos to the Phuket Immigration for calling me instead of waiting for me to turn up to collect my pp and then tell me to go to the bank.

• Like 2

certificate of residence needed first done downstairs

to get that u need ur yellow book

or

if ur renting you need copy of the;

1. Landlords id card

2. copy of the taam bien baan of the house ur renting

3. copy of your lease

All signed

4. No idea what a saldo is; but go to your bank and tell them you need to paper for retirement extension, they know what to give u
(200 baht at scb) its one letter stating your balance as of that day

5. and a print out showing the last 3 months of the bank book , signed an stamped.

6. Copy of your atm card

7.2 photos

do not need a drivers license or copy

Than its off to Immigration, get there at 9:30-10 an avoid the early rush.

In and out in 90 minutes, you will than need to return after 2:30 that day or the next day pick up your passport.

Edited by phuketrichard
  • Like 2

4. No idea what a saldo is; but go to your bank and tell them you need to paper for retirement extension, they know what to give u

(200 baht at scb) its one letter stating your balance as of that day

Sorry didnt mean to confuse you, wrong by me. But saldo does mean "balance".....

But as I said, wrong wording by me.

Glegolo

• Like 1

certificate of residence needed first done downstairs

"notification" of residence, not "certificate". Confusingly they're different things and not the same, I found out the hard way but luckily had the papers needed so I could go downstairs and get the right one. They won't even let you submit your documents if you don't have the correct one ('notification' is a small slip but in the back of your passport).

The usual misconcption by far too many mislead people.... Forget all that nonsense you call retirement-VISA... Sometimes the closest you can come to that, is a VISA that you can buy in your home-country called Non Immigrant O-A VISA...

But you got an extension of stay based either on retirement or marriage to a thai national...

Glegolo

Everyone refers to it as a retirement visa. Some people just have to show how brilliant (pedantic) they are.

Last year I did the certificate of residence thing and I'm still renting the same house. What do I need to do this year, nothing has changed?

Thanks

Everyone refers to it as a retirement visa. Some people just have to show how brilliant (pedantic) they are.

Well I for one would take great delight in advising anyone who inaccurately refers to a "retirement visa" that the only way in which they could obtain such a visa would be to travel to the Royal Thai Embassy in Vientiane, PDR Laos every so often and apply for a fresh non-O visa there based on being aged 50+!

Much more convenient in their case than trotting down to the local immigration office for an extension of stay based on retirement, of course!!

Oh ok Then, I was always led to believe it was called a Multi Entry Retirement Visa....

You can only obtain such a visa from the Royal Thai Embassy or an official consulate in your home country. Strictly speaking, It's called an O-A visa, though.

• Like 1

Thanks for the tips Gents,

On proof of address, I'll take my 30 year leasehold agreement which is about 100pages in total, do I have to photocopy that whole document or maybe just say the "important pages" ie

The attached stamped 2 pages by Land department

Front few pages containing address etc and back signature pages

Address pages

etc ....

And don't suppose any one knows an agent who does the submission at the Phuket office Immigration for a sensible price ?

On proof of address, I'll take my 30 year leasehold agreement which is about 100pages in total, do I have to photocopy that whole document or maybe just say the "important pages" ie

Address pages

etc ....

And don't suppose any one knows an agent who does the submission at the Phuket office Immigration for a sensible price ?

Just bring the important pages and maybe your utility bills. It isn't really that tough that you need an agent but don't be surprised when they send you home for more info. The problem is they keep moving the goal posts every year. One year it's a letter from your bank saying you pull 60k plus a month from your account, next year it's the house registration. You never know till you get there and Phuket is the worst.

One year I went through the whole process to great relief only to find out I needed to do a 90 day report also. Didn't realize it till I reported ninety days later with no stamp. Always a cluster...you know what.

• Like 1

Thanks Pinot, decided as had spoken to an agent/law firm and that was changing address and from Guardian to retirement that I'd let the agent do the legwork...

Might try on my own (again) next year, last year it took me 4 visits over 4 days so just decided to go an easier route this year ,,,

Address pages

etc ....

that wont be enough if all u have is a lease ( regardless for 1,5 30 years)

ur yellow book

or

if ur renting you need copy of the;

1. Landlords id card

2. copy of the taam bien baan of the house ur renting

3. copy of your lease

All signed

Just drive in one day after 10 am,( not crowded by than) go downstairs an ask the volunteer

he will tell you Exactly what you need as he checks the papers BEFORE ur giving a que number

Quick Update:

Got my Retirement Visa today from Phuket (Extension of Stay to be precise)

Got an agent to do it and I believe there might have been some Tea money involved ....COUGH C O U G H !

I handed in my Passport, copy of 30 year Lease, Bank Book, Bank letter stating balance, Bank stamped Statement of 2-3 months (I was told 2, I got 3)

I went in had my photo taken at 1.45pm as pre-booked and left 5 minutes later....

Job done.

Now I don't think it was particular the best THB I have spent but since I was changing address and changing from Non-Imm B Guardian to Non-Imm O Retired, I thought it worth it.

Will try on my own next year (as I have done generally in the past)

Cheers

SB

Quick Update:

Got my Retirement Visa today from Phuket (Extension of Stay to be precise)

Got an agent to do it and I believe there might have been some Tea money involved ....COUGH C O U G H !

I handed in my Passport, copy of 30 year Lease, Bank Book, Bank letter stating balance, Bank stamped Statement of 2-3 months (I was told 2, I got 3)

I went in had my photo taken at 1.45pm as pre-booked and left 5 minutes later....

Job done.

Now I don't think it was particular the best THB I have spent but since I was changing address and changing from Non-Imm B Guardian to Non-Imm O Retired, I thought it worth it.

Will try on my own next year (as I have done generally in the past)

Cheers

SB

Interesting !

Seems you did all the leg work associated with the application and an "agent" profited from your efforts.

Maybe I am missing something here coffee1.gif