Agent for Visa's in Promenade

northernjohn

Having witnessed privatisation in the UK I think that the inevitable will happen ,immigration will only deal with agents.It is easier for them to have some third party to get all the paperwork in order check it, then all they have to do is sign it off .That way they could possibly get through 6 per hour/ officer.Thus increasing income for them, and the agents.every one wins.

Perhaps they could get together in some kind of Trade Association and fund an additional processing officer to deal with their clients. From the number of people posting here who seem to think nothing of paying up to 5000 for "assistance" there would be plenty of resources available and then their service would not be at the expense of those who feel able to do the job themselves.

Your comment about privatization is perceptive but "everyone wins" should really have "except the customer" tacked on the end!

This is a serious post. Its time for genuine applicants, foreigners with one passport to start their own queue. When you get to Prom or the old airport office at 05:00 and you find many many flip flop wearing locals ahead of you each representing multiple passports, One person or persons needs to speak up and let all the genuine applicants make their own queue. Move straight to the front of the agents queue. Let the queue develop alongside theirs. Jostle in, sit close to them , no need to be polite, no need to be friendly.

When it comes to the time for numbers to handed out, be vocal and with your passport in your hand demand to be served ahead of the visa spivs. Make some noise. Show some displeasure. Put your arm out infront of them and loudly ask why they can have a number when they personally have no business at the immigration office?

We are all too polite and just stand there let the 10 spivs suck up 50 numbers? Even if you arrive at 05:00 you might not be seen until the afternoon. What should be a simple government operated service is being turned into agent only multi million baht business that more of us are being compelled to use.

Anyone going to immigration tomorrow, dont be shy get a genuine applicants queue going and when the numbers are handed out make some noise and dont be scared to jostle the spivs to the side.

Moderators

Please close this down. It has developed into the same old blah blah blah,

No one has any experience that I asked for in my opening statement. Nancy did come the closest by talking to the people. Makes no difference to me if there are ten Thais standing in or ten immigrants if I am number 11 it will get me in there faster if they are representing agents. As they will have the paper work in order. I still would have liked to have heard from some one who had used the one in the mall.

I see you've got the point, but I absolutely don't agree with your suggestion as to how to approach it and would strongly advise anyone against physical confrontation of the kind you propose. It's just that the people who support the use of an agent need to be made aware that it is currently at the expense of others who prefer to have a choice.

If putting an extra staff member in place to process applications is not possible then maybe, say, half the tickets every day could be allocated to agents, leaving at least some hope for other applicants. This issue needs co-operation, not confrontation.

If you are behind a line of 10 immigrants you will be number 11 and seen early on. If you are in a line of 10 agents proxies you might get number 50 and be seen in the afternoon. Thats the main difference.

I don't think that is correct. I was told (by an agent) that they give one ticket per place in the queue and that makes me think that the the Office is aware of the problem, at least to some extent.

Does anyone know for a FACT that these people at the front of the queue are representing visa agents, remember there are many international schools here that have foreign students and staff as well as all the other international organisations.

I have an appointment at immigration with my visa agent in a couple of weeks time and it is at 3.30 pm.

I think it very legitimate that genuine applicants should have their own queue and be dealt with the same as any other government service. Identifying the none applicants who are there only to make money from scarcity of numbers and discouraging them should be promoted.

Archived