Taxi driver says he drove Bangkok bomber to Hua Lamphong

webfact

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe that the fare was 61 baht, the guy paid with 100 baht and got back 40 baht back in change. Something very fishy about that!!

Even stranger was that he used the meter, mind you it probsbly took 5 minutes of arguing with the driver just to get him to switch the meter on.

I don't generally have a problem with taxis. I just say location and meter and that is it. I have twice had taxi drivers take me short distances and actually refused any payment. I have never had a metered taxi argue over tip (might give me a sad or quizical look). The minority of time they say won't go (maybe traffic jam or something), or don't want to use a meter.... I just say fine.... next (except for the last one that said meter not working and quoted me fare that was what the meter would have come to anyways.... so I am guessing it really was not working).

Lucky you, I have nothing but problems with taxi's in BKK, I would understand if I was rude but I'm always polite, I must just have one of those faces.

try to have a nice chat with them, they love to speak (their job must be very boring). After 10 minutes you will be friends and already know a lot about him. Speak only thai with them, all the thais like it

For those who don't know the area, Charn Isara Tower is on Rama 4, about 100 metres from the interssction with Silom Road. This would be a very indirect way of getting to the Erawan Shrine.

How did he arrive at Charn Issara?

I think it was reported early after the blast that yellow shirt left the scene on a motorbike taxi. If then taking taxi then tuktuk maybe he was understandably trying to cover his tracks.

I agree with you

I'm adament you guys must hang around nana plaza and patpong too much. I use lots of taxis and rarely receive the 'no meter' treatment.

me neither. I normally travel around bkk only on busses but never had problems when I take a taxi

Of course all CCTV in the area and the stations has now been checked, including all the faulty ones and the fake ones. Or should we let the BIB know it would be a good idea to have a look.

Don't for a moment patronise and consider that the Thai Police are incompetent..they release information that is expedient for political reasons...look at your own nation's police forces and consider if they do the same..hello UK and USA ?? You never accuse your own countries of being incompetent in terms of policing... and ignore the politics...

All posts as usual on TVF are sadly myopic..

The Thai Police are not keystone cops,,they are inherently political, as your own police forces are, wherever you come from..

They are not fools... but they do not disclose all information, as your own home country police force would not..

Look and compare to home country first before being patronising about others..

All posts as usual on TVF are sadly myopic..

The Thai Police are not keystone cops,,they are inherently political, as your own police forces are, wherever you come from..

They are not fools... but they do not disclose all information, as your own home country police force would not..

Look and compare to home country first before being patronising about others..

Did you get paid for this press release? Have a work permit?

8 days later, he suddenly remembered... <deleted>

Maybe he got payed to shut his mouth for 8 days, I don't buy that story that he gave back 40 bath on a 100 bath bill for a 61 bath fare, that never happens with a Bangkok taxi driver.

When I read that Prayuth accepted an offer from US for facial enhancement technology but he refused a trained US team to operate them.

That sums it up.

Might as well give a space shuttle to a monkey and expect him to know how to be a astronaut...

Did he really say he will accept the technology but not the staff that know how to use it?

USA would have put a trojan in it and gave it to him anyway, as soon as they spin the cd it would beam the images back to the NSA or maybe he didn't think of that?

8 days later, he suddenly remembered... <deleted>

Maybe he got payed to shut his mouth for 8 days, I don't buy that story that he gave back 40 bath on a 100 bath bill for a 61 bath fare, that never happens with a Bangkok taxi driver.

Thais don't tip taxi drivers particularly, just round the fare up a bit to a convenient amount, assuming they have the change.

Incidentally, that's also how it's done in Turkey...

Good luck getting those fingerprints from a taxi door handle a week later boys.

No, honestly, it's a great idea. Have a look for some DNA while you're at it.

A week late might be a stretch - but ALL evidence should be processed..... it is often small rather insignificant details can break a case. That is why failure to properly process the crime scene was such a failure. You want to collect all fragments of the bomb, trace all components if possible.... because every piece of it could potentially lead back to somewhere along the chain of custody and lead either to the bomber or his network of support.

A tragic air crash happened in the UK this week. The investigation for evidence is still ongoing 5 days later. All investigating staff in full white suits, masked with hair nets. The road will not reopen for a week.

Washing the streets and filling in the crater within a day is absolutely unbelievable.

BANGKOK DANGEROUS
Theory of suspect changing bag in Hua Lumphong backed

The Nation

30267436-01_big.JPG

BANGKOK: -- Police believe they now have another jigsaw piece in the ongoing investigation into the Erawan Shrine bomb blast.

According to an informed source, a taxi driver has confirmed picking up the suspected bomber from in front of the Charn Issara Tower on Rama IV Road - and dropping him off at a spot by the Phadung Krung Kasem Canal, prior to the bloody explosion.

The source said the taxi driver remembered this passenger utter "Hua Lamphong, Hua Lamphong", with a foreign accent as he got into his cab.

"He looked like a foreign tourist. He didn't say anything during the ride. It's as if he was chatting with someone with text messaging," the taxi driver said.

This witness also told police he could not remember exactly what the suspect's bag looked like during the cab ride, but clearly it was different from the bag he saw the suspect carrying at the Erawan Shrine.

The information provided by the taxi driver matched available evidence, which appears to show that the suspect hailed a tuk-tuk from in front of Hua Lamphong Station to the Grand Hyatt Erawan Hotel near the Ratchaprasong intersection that same day.

"Now, it's clear the suspect must have exchanged his bag with another person in the Hua Lamphong area," a source said.

Meanwhile, Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha has instructed authorities to provide the same assistance to all people affected by the bomb blast.

The incident killed 20 people and injured more than 100 others. Many of these victims were foreigners.

By Thai law, the family of each killed victim is entitled to Bt100,000 in compensation. The relatives of deceased foreigners, however, are also entitled to Bt300,000 compensation from the Tourism and Sports Ministry.

Following Prayut's instruction, authorities will likely try to find measures to offer more help to Thai victims.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Theory-of-suspect-changing-bag-in-Hua-Lumphong-bac-30267436.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-08-26

with all the cameras they have at Hua lampong, they should see it. Did they check the luggage deposit shop. Have they seen him there? Is it possible somebody deposited the bag there, gave him the ticket and he just needed to pick it up?

From the multiplicity of drivers of all types of vehicles who are emerging from the woodwork at timely intervals claiming that they carried the bomber I am coming around to the belief that it was in fact a "bombing team" of maybe one real bomber plus nine look-alikes carrying different bags who spread themselves around the scene of the crime to confuse the police and lay false trails. Why would I not believe that all these reward seekers are telling the absolute truth? Why would I not believe the police when they said was a team of ten? Why would I not believe that the discovery of an old hand grenade in some obscure place on the other side of the city was linked to the bombing? Why would I not believe the person who said all ten of the bomber gang left the country together at the same time? Why would I not believe the next person who might say they saw all ten of them checking-in at Suvarnabhumi at the group counter and all wearing the same yellow shirts? The search and investigation for the perpetrators of this evil crime is getting more farcical as every day goes by. What is needed is a rich benefactor to come forward and offer a reward (incentive) to the RTP themselves for the successful capture of the mastermind and bomber. Only then might we see some real and purposeful action.

From the multiplicity of drivers of all types of vehicles who are emerging from the woodwork at timely intervals claiming that they carried the bomber I am coming around to the belief that it was in fact a "bombing team" of maybe one real bomber plus nine look-alikes carrying different bags who spread themselves around the scene of the crime to confuse the police and lay false trails. Why would I not believe that all these reward seekers are telling the absolute truth? Why would I not believe the police when they said was a team of ten? Why would I not believe that the discovery of an old hand grenade in some obscure place on the other side of the city was linked to the bombing? Why would I not believe the person who said all ten of the bomber gang left the country together at the same time? Why would I not believe the next person who might say they saw all ten of them checking-in at Suvarnabhumi at the group counter and all wearing the same yellow shirts? The search and investigation for the perpetrators of this evil crime is getting more farcical as every day goes by. What is needed is a rich benefactor to come forward and offer a reward (incentive) to the RTP themselves for the successful capture of the mastermind and bomber. Only then might we see some real and purposeful action.

Thaksins son already has put up 7 million bht some of which is for the police who catch him and some for informant info that catches him

Thaksins son already has put up 7 million bht some of which is for the police who catch him and some for informant info that catches him

Thanks for that info. That's a start but petty cash really for the big boys at the top after they split it up. I suspect if any reward comes from Thaksin's family it is a red herring to lay a false trail away from the man himself and his supporters. Now there might be a clue!

Offered rewards are a bit like torture... they get people talking, but not necessarily the truth.

Dear Sir

Excuse me may I ask what about the hefty payment Anna Reese ( actress ) was forced to pay by police ?

!n access of 1 million up right. And yoour offering a minor sum of compensation here for people doing nothing wrong correct. And the police officer killed was sleeping in his car on a motorway... Come on theres something wrong there.. Was his achahol level tested

I think they should get at least 1 million each and throw the Thai law story out the window yes

Well one things thais are great at is taking phone pictures and tey must be one of Apples VIP customers.... I see police taking pictures of themselves proud of all the scooters the managed to stop and fine.

Hey the forensics outfits are a nice touch but i dealt very much whether there was to much achieved there